Marvin West on our new staff

Maybe I'm thinking of Emmanuel Moseley? I just remember throwing things at the TV as yet another bomb went over our secondary's collective heads as they had no clue the ball was thrown to their guy.
You know, they say memory's the first thing to g...what were we talking about?

Some of us old timers eagerly await articles from Marvin West. I wish we could read a new article from him every day.
And Tom Siler. I think West wrote for the Sentinel and Siler for the Journal. The journal was a morning paper and the KNS came in the afternoon.

Can I get a "Hell Yeah" !!! :p There should be No reason for us NOT to be able to win big games w/such great coaches on board to bring the TN Vols back into the national spotlight. Seems like recruits should be lining up to put their signature on the dotted line to come learn to play football under these coaches at UT.

Uhhh, there’s this “Thing” going on with the NCAA, and they could kill any chance ANY coach would have at winning more than 2-3 a year for 3-6 years

Can I get a "Hell Yeah" !!! :p There should be No reason for us NOT to be able to win big games w/such great coaches on board to bring the TN Vols back into the national spotlight. Seems like recruits should be lining up to put their signature on the dotted line to come learn to play football under these coaches at UT.
slow down. we gotta restock, dare I say necks year?

I just don’t get this line of thinking. Does anyone seriously think CJH was sitting there thinking “yeah I don’t need a good defense; I’m so good at offense”? This is expected. Would never have anything to do with ego.

Never said that he wouldn't. The point that I was trying to make was that he is looking at both sides of the ball. I don't know what you are looking at, but ego is and piss poor decision making is what just got our last coach and AD ousted. So yes I am glad that it seems that he is letting someone take control of the defense not trying to micromanage everything.

200w.gif
Hey I felt like you in the beginning. I mean with the sanctions and all upon reflection we did well. I dont think we knocked it out of the park but I think we have the coaching talent in place to resecure our dominance over Kentucky and Vandy. Maybe thata all we can ask for right now. One step at a time unfortunately is usually how it goes.

Had to stop and re-read that.....at first I thought we had hired Marvin Webster.....wondered how we got him away from his morning gig 😂

Hey I felt like you in the beginning. I mean with the sanctions and all upon reflection we did well. I dont think we knocked it out of the park but I think we have the coaching talent in place to resecure our dominance over Kentucky and Vandy. Maybe thata all we can ask for right now. One step at a time unfortunately is usually how it goes.
We need to schedule the Vonore Fightin’ Possums..

Go VOLS
I really, really hope I am wrong!!!

IMO, we all need to remember that we have an instinct to talk ourselves into some sort of rationalization. Some of us have been burned enough that we won't allow ourselves to have any positive thoughts or hope. We feel safer assuming that the next guy will fail until someone doesn't fail. Others do just the opposite. They block out negatives and realistic considerations of failure.

Hopefully most of us can be hopeful but realistic. I like a lot of things about Heupel and the staff he's assembled. But the truth is that even if he's "great"... he's tasked with digging out of a deep, muddy hole. There's unfortunately more weighing against him than for him. But... he is a high character guy with coaching skills. He wouldn't be the first guy that Providence has smiled on in what seems like impossible situations.

I'm still trying to decide if Martinez coming back is good or bad. How did Justin Coleman go from burnt toast at UT under Martinez to good/very good starter in the NFL?
Have to agree Coleman was always a step behind never looked back for the ball and was slow as a snail...however I'm so happy he's having a nice NFL career

VN Store

Back