Coaching Staff Recruiting Grounds

Voldirector11

The coaches have recruited these certain states.

Heupel- Texas, Oklahoma, Florida
Golesh- Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, New York
Banks- Michigan, Indiana, Pennslyvania, Maryland
Halzle- Arizona, California
Mack- North Carolina, Texas, Tennessee (Memphis)
Burns- Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Virginia
Elarbee- Florida, Mississippi, Virginia, Tennessee (Nashville)
Garner- Georgia (Atlanta Area), Alabama, Mississippi, Florida
Jean-Mary- Texas, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina
Martinez- Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee (Nashville)

Final Coach??????

I'm wondering if they're gonna find a spot for Steele. We hired him for too much money to let him go without doing anything. If we did, it would be so typical Tennessee. But the contract was made under AD PF so who knows what ADDW will allow to happen. Hell we're spectacular at spending money.

Final Coach??????
I'm not giddy so to speak, but this staff kinda has that 2005 Floriduh Meyer from Utah to Floriduh feel. Maybe that's cause I didn't know who Meyer was and had to Google him but that's the kinda vibe I get here.

I may be mistaken, I think Jean-Mary has recruited Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania . . . Again, I could be wrong.

GBO

I'm not giddy so to speak, but this staff kinda has that 2005 Floriduh Meyer from Utah to Floriduh feel. Maybe that's cause I didn't know who Meyer was and had to Google him but that's the kinda vibe I get here.
Slight difference: our coach didn't have an undefeated season and play in a BCS bowl. Minor difference.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I'm wondering if they're gonna find a spot for Steele. We hired him for too much money to let him go without doing anything. If we did, it would be so typical Tennessee. But the contract was made under AD PF so who knows what ADDW will allow to happen. Hell we're spectacular at spending money.

PLEASE put Steele to bed! why would you want a backstabbing retread on this staff? Someone who has ties to the worst AD we have ever had and the worse (debatabel) HC we have ever had. Just let it go man!

Reactions: beachvol23

Final Coach??????

Actually not as bad as I thought it’d be. That’s got the makings for a nice national footprint right there. I’d be curious how they’ve done recruiting high profile prospects.

Steele is getting paid but not on staff. He isn’t involved in meetings and not on campus. I don’t think he is in Knoxville but he isn’t on campus nor involved in meetings.

Idk why UT hasn’t cut ties with him, unless they think Steele will quit for an opportunity @ another school/NFL.

I thought I read Banks had a lot of connection in Memphis along with Detroit. I don't know how much we will recruit Pennsylvania.

Steele is getting paid but not on staff. He isn’t involved in meetings and not on campus. I don’t think he is in Knoxville but he isn’t on campus nor involved in meetings.

Idk why UT hasn’t cut ties with him, unless they think Steele will quit for an opportunity @ another school/NFL.
I don't know why he hasn't cut ties with UT! My understanding is that what UT pays him is offset by a reduction in Auburn's buyout. If he quits UT and loses the pay, Auburn reverts back to their full buyout pay, right? What's the advantage in staying on UT's payroll to him? Lot of weird sh!t here.

PLEASE put Steele to bed! why would you want a backstabbing retread on this staff? Someone who has ties to the worst AD we have ever had and the worse (debatabel) HC we have ever had. Just let it go man!
Calm down, Mike Leach. Go put some rum in your cereal and take a nap.
No where in my post did I say that I wanted Steele on staff. I just said that I was wondering if we would end up finding a spot for him simply because of how much money is already costing us. I understand reading comprehension is difficult sometimes, but maybe that’s because you’ve had too much room. Yo ho ho…

I know he’s getting paid, which is why I was wondering if they were going to find a spot for him on staff. He’s getting paid for doing basically nothing, which is absolutely ridiculous. I don’t understand why he is still on the staff or faculty anywhere with this university. It makes no sense to me. However, simply firing him would cost us another tremendous chunk of money, which is what Tennessee is good at doing. I have no idea what angle the administration is going to take on this one.

Reactions: vol94

If he was considered by DP and DW to be divisive he would be gone. I am sure they would welcome him stepping down to take another position elsewhere and eliminating the 900k drain. But I also believe they want to avoid the bad press and the image within the general coaching community if they do not treat a guy that agreed to sign on during the height of uncertainty with some class once another direction was taken with the change in AD and HC.

I have expressed hope that they can find a career path change for him at another position other than on field coach, that he would trade contracts for. Has anyone heard anything substantiated to indicate Steele has done anything to invalidate his VFL card since his arrival.

I don't know if AU could force him to also go after our money if he took another job of equal value elsewhere or not. My Perry Mason, Matlock and Law and Order law education fails me there. So I don't know if he has an out that alleviates our payments if we elect to run him off. I would HOPE that he could negotiate a release from his contract if he found a job of equal or better pay elsewhere and we would be off the hook. I am betting AU would fight him if he tried to take a Butch deal and not go after the balance from UT.

I don't know why he hasn't cut ties with UT! My understanding is that what UT pays him is offset by a reduction in Auburn's buyout. If he quits UT and loses the pay, Auburn reverts back to their full buyout pay, right? What's the advantage in staying on UT's payroll to him? Lot of weird sh!t here.
No. What WE pay offsets Auburn’s buyout. If we don’t retain him, we’re liable for $900 k. If he quits, HE forfeits that amount.

Reactions: SugarCC
If he was considered by DP and DW to be divisive he would be gone. I am sure they would welcome him stepping down to take another position elsewhere and eliminating the 900k drain. But I also believe they want to avoid the bad press and the image within the general coaching community if they do not treat a guy that agreed to sign on during the height of uncertainty with some class once another direction was taken with the change in AD and HC.

I have expressed hope that they can find a career path change for him at another position other than on field coach, that he would trade contracts for. Has anyone heard anything substantiated to indicate Steele has done anything to invalidate his VFL card since his arrival.

I don't know if AU could force him to also go after our money if he took another job of equal value elsewhere or not. My Perry Mason, Matlock and Law and Order law education fails me there. So I don't know if he has an out that alleviates our payments if we elect to run him off. I would HOPE that he could negotiate a release from his contract if he found a job of equal or better pay elsewhere and we would be off the hook. I am betting AU would fight him if he tried to take a Butch deal and not go after the balance from UT.
If he takes another job but we don’t fire him, he forfeits the difference between his pay and the $900 k that was agreed upon.

If he takes another job but we don’t fire him, he forfeits the difference between his pay and the $900 k that was agreed upon.

If he walks away before we release him I agree. If we release him and then he takes another job I am not sure. I thought we did not have an offset. But that is probably why we have not actioned him like Chaney so far. The sad part is that we might have to pay him, the next guys might have to pay him and it all comes out of his AU money and he gets no more money than if he just went home on day one for 2 years. Whatever he does involving UT is not motivated by greed. If he reads the boards he might want to make the element of our fan base cheap shotting him with all the back stabbing conjecture pay the price. It would tick me off. Doubt he has issues with DP and CPF or DW and JH, but don't see the motivation to work elsewhere to save us the money. I have heard speculation we can't hire the last on field coach till he is actioned, but don't know if that is true or not.

If he walks away before we release him I agree. If we release him and then he takes another job I am not sure. I thought we did not have an offset. But that is probably why we have not actioned him like Chaney so far. The sad part is that we might have to pay him, the next guys might have to pay him and it all comes out of his AU money and he gets no more money than if he just went home on day one for 2 years. Whatever he does involving UT is not motivated by greed. If he reads the boards he might want to make the element of our fan base cheap shotting him with all the back stabbing conjecture pay the price. It would tick me off. Doubt he has issues with DP and CPF or DW and JH, but don't see the motivation to work elsewhere to save us the money. I have heard speculation we can't hire the last on field coach till he is actioned, but don't know if that is true or not.
If we release him, we owe him $900 k...clear cut.

Final Coach??????
Are you basing that on where they've coached or where they've been responsible to recruit?

Banks likely recruited NY, VA, DC, and NJ from PSU in addition to the states you mentioned. Like the "Big 4" in NC, smaller schools recruit the I-85 and I-95 corridors from DC to GA.

His salary w UT offsets some of the buyout from Auburn. Auburn is not on the hook for the full amount of buyout if he leaves UT, regardless if fired or he resigns.

so strange

VN Store

Back