Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

"loyalty" some played wouldnt know what that is
Loyalty is overrated. It gave Bashaara Graves nor Jaime Nared nothing in return.

Coaches need to give the players reasons to stay. If they are pulling a Holly McCray Fargas, then the players are dumb not to leave.

Having said that, I don't think Kellie has much to worry about as far as basketball-related matters go. She's clearly got the program moving in the right direction, and I suspect any defections will be for non-basketball issues.

Loyalty is overrated. It gave Bashaara Graves nor Jaime Nared nothing in return.

Coaches need to give the players reasons to stay. If they are pulling a Holly McCray Fargas, then the players are dumb not to leave.

Having said that, I don't think Kellie has much to worry about as far as basketball-related matters go. She's clearly got the program moving in the right direction, and I suspect any defections will be for non-basketball issues.
Rennia decided to stay after the Holly debacle and she turned out just fine with 2 years of Kellies coaching imo Westbrook should have given Kellie a chance lol and for Jazmine transfering that still doesnt make any sense to me

Rennia could have left a long time ago to win a NC or hell even a SEC Championship lol teams would be line up if she decided to transfer BUT just like Re said "There is reward in patience, loyalty,and trusting the process"... I dont see Rae going anywhere
View attachment 353373
I could not love or appreciate these two any more. What a ride they've been on in the most turbulent chapter in LV history. We always knew the transition after Pat would be tough but not this bad. I've said before, can't wait for the Rennia Davis autobiography after her stellar WNBA career. KK should have a big chapter in that as well. That they came out of the experience with this lesson, patience, loyalty and trust, is why we go to all the trouble and expense of big time athletics.

I know its stupid, selfish and not conducive to her WNBA career,but I can't stop thinking, what if Rennia came back. She's ridden the hurricane this far, why not finish it out next year with a very real shot to end it at least in the final four? Great ending to the book!

I know alot of ppl are worried about a Lady Vol team post Rennia Davis (I am too)...but there was an SEC program that was in our position last year and that was Texas A&M they lost their prolific scorer to the WNBA Draft a year early and they became TransferU last April and now they are likely playing for an SEC Regular season title this week....The Transfer Portal can make us rich just like it did for Texas A&M but Kellie needs the right players that will buy into her system like Rennia did
All of this!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Rennia decided to stay after the Holly debacle and she turned out just fine with 2 years of Kellies coaching imo Westbrook should have given Kellie a chance lol and for Jazmine transfering that still doesnt make any sense to me
I’ll never understand the Jaz transfer. It didn’t make sense basketball wise. All I can think is she needed to get out of the state of Tennessee or she REALLY wanted to play with her friends. Her minutes have gone down and she doesn’t look like she’s progressed at all, in fact her leap from year one to year two was much more significant than year two to three.

Reactions: glv98
Rennia lucked out that Holly was fired and Kellie was able to turn the program around. If Holly was still coach, I think Rennia's finish to her collegiate career would have looked a lot different.

I don't know why Jazmine transferred either. Maybe she wasn't confident with where the team was going after last season, and UK was projected to be a better team? Oops...

That's right. For all my praise of Rennia's loyality, it does have to be well-placed loyality and cannot be given to the overall detriment of the giver. Following the long line of LV wasted careers down the Jamie Nared Trail of Tears is not wise loyalty when its obvious the situation has no chance to improve. I sure wouldn't have blamed Rennia if she had transferred on Holly; she was very obviously miserable and regressing as a player.

The loyality and patience that has paid off for Rennia is the decision to trust KJH and her system. Well-placed loyalty.

And let’s hope that the Portal does not hurt us. Now that Rae is showing what she can really do I would not blame her if she left to go somewhere and have a true shot at winning a NC.
If Rae was going to leave, I think after Holly left or even last year would have been the time. Why transfer now when you’re going to be the superstar on a team that is still a household name/nationally celebrated?

I think Salary is SEC caliber athlete...aside from Horston and Key I am interested in how Salary looks like next szn I am still hoping she can be a Meme Jackson type player for us she has shown flashes
I look for her to be a lot better and more contribution as a sophomore. She has played well and sometimes not so well that is usually the case with most freshmen.

Now why would Rae leave😂...Kellie's coaching has done wonders for her and her confidence and next szn she will be the star of the team she wont have to share a spotlight with Rennia anymore I dont see Rae leaving at all from what I can tell she loves TN and has bought into Kellie blueprint for this program and lol and lets hope a certain player on the TN men team doesnt leave😏
If Rae were going to leave she would have left when we changed coaches she is a VFL and really loves Coach Harper.

Rennia lucked out that Holly was fired and Kellie was able to turn the program around. If Holly was still coach, I think Rennia's finish to her collegiate career would have looked a lot different.
This so much. I've said before, Rennia is the luckiest LV in recent history. But also, as noted above, made a great decision to stay loyal and patient. Isn't that how grown up life works? Good timing, a little luck, a lot of skill, and a good measure of well thought out patience and loyalty.

If Rae was going to leave, I think after Holly left or even last year would have been the time. Why transfer now when you’re going to be the superstar on a team that is still a household name/nationally celebrated?
lets not forget Rae's boyfriend Keon Johnson is on the TN men basketball team(unless he leaves for the NBA 🤔) lol I think this is a factor when players transfer which is also sadly why I dont see Rickea Jackson transferring from MS State😕

lets not forget Rae's boyfriend Keon Johnson is on the TN men basketball team(unless he leaves for the NBA 🤔) lol I think this is a factor when players transfer which is also sadly why I dont see Rickea Jackson transferring from MS State😕
Any chance Keon stays for Rae? And can we get an LV hookup for Springer? We need a matchmaker to keep everyone home on Rocky Top!

I could not love or appreciate these two any more. What a ride they've been on in the most turbulent chapter in LV history. We always knew the transition after Pat would be tough but not this bad. I've said before, can't wait for the Rennia Davis autobiography after her stellar WNBA career. KK should have a big chapter in that as well. That they came out of the experience with this lesson, patience, loyalty and trust, is why we go to all the trouble and expense of big time athletics.

I know its stupid, selfish and not conducive to her WNBA career,but I can't stop thinking, what if Rennia came back. She's ridden the hurricane this far, why not finish it out next year with a very real shot to end it at least in the final four? Great ending to the book!

Big, big thumbs up to this! Re, Rae, and KK may have saved the program with their loyalty. Had the others stayed, we'd currently be the odds-on favorite to win it all and be undefeated #1 at this point.

Sabrina came back. Sadly, COVID robbed her of the chance to play for her natty as a senior. Rennia could pull a Peyton and go down as a legend.

Not expecting that...and some opponents should be tougher next year...but LV fans are allowed to dream big, ya know. You have to visualize success before achieving it.

This so much. I've said before, Rennia is the luckiest LV in recent history. But also, as noted above, made a great decision to stay loyal and patient. Isn't that how grown up life works? Good timing, a little luck, a lot of skill, and a good measure of well thought out patience and loyalty.
I'm not convinced that Rennia wouldn't have transferred if Holly wasn't fired. I remember that interview with her and Jaz afterwards, and they were so completely indifferent to the firing that I can't help but think they were happy (or at least relieved) to see her go.

I think you nailed it your previous post. Loyalty is good if there is confidence that the tide is sinking. Otherwise, let the captain go down with the ship.

Any chance Keon stays for Rae? And can we get an LV hookup for Springer? We need a matchmaker to keep everyone home on Rocky Top!
lol I didnt think about that hahah Vol fans hope Keon is not one and done lets hope he does stay for her

Last edited:
If Rae were going to leave she would have left when we changed coaches she is a VFL and really loves Coach Harper.

Funny how some of our "fans" are encouraging current playets to transfer and high school prospects (even freshmen!) to sign with other schools.

Good things those "fans" are here instead of The Boneyard. There the mods hand out suspensions for speculating about their players transferring out (although not the reverse...one poster yesterday was trying to entice Van Lith to come north to play for the Evil Empire).

I'm not convinced that Rennia wouldn't have transferred if Holly wasn't fired. I remember that interview with her and Jaz afterwards, and they were so completely indifferent to the firing that I can't help but think they were happy (or at least relieved) to see her go.
So funny that Westbrook's reaction, a few extra mumbled acknowledgements to leading questions, in exactly the same unfortunate situation made her such a villain. Re and Jaz just didn't say out loud "staff too". Though any intelligent human being was thinking exactly that.

Of course we all know the Evina hate is way more about her transferring to UConn of all places, and about her Mom's very unwise and immature decision to engage fans on social media.

All this will be in Rennia's book. Pre order on Amazon.

So funny that Westbrook's reaction, a few extra mumbled acknowledgements to leading questions, in exactly the same unfortunate situation made her such a villain. Re and Jaz just didn't say out loud "staff too". Though any intelligent human being was thinking exactly that.

Of course we all know the Evina hate is way more about her transferring to UConn of all places, and about her Mom's very unwise and immature decision to engage fans on social media.

All this will be in Rennia's book. Pre order on Amazon.
a best seller no doubt

Well I don’t trust other coaches who knows the way things are working in the NCAA it won’t be long before they allow Coaches like Geno to come to our campus and recruit our players. The Portal giveth and the Portal taketh
Not that I’m sticking up for the devil, but what does “coaches like Geno” mean in regards to transfers?

No coaches ever will be allowed to any other teams campus to recruit players.

Keon is definitely leaving for the NBA. He’s projected to be a lottery pick.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back