Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

We return everybody but Davis and KK. I think A&M loses a load of seniors as does Georgia. LSU loses many key players and Bama loses a couple key seniors as well. The two that look the best beside us are SC and Kentucky returning the most key players.

True but I mean because of the Covid ruling the NCAA made, can't the seniors opt to stay for another season? Imagine a pretty-talented guard who's not quite high on the WNBA draft list but is pretty talented and can choose to come back for an additional season. And that applies for anyone who was playing as of this year, so the effects may ripple out for a few years after, I believe. A fifth year player with strength, maturity, and experience, could represent a real X factor in these calculations.

True but I mean because of the Covid ruling the NCAA made, can't the seniors opt to stay for another season? Imagine a pretty-talented guard who's not quite high on the WNBA draft list but is pretty talented and can choose to come back for an additional season. And that applies for anyone who was playing as of this year, so the effects may ripple out for a few years after, I believe. A fifth year player with strength, maturity, and experience, could represent a real X factor in these calculations.
They can stay but I see a lot of them leaving to try the WNBA. If you are a senior and can get drafted why you staying? Both the big A&M center and Jones are both projected draft choices. Bama's best player is a high draft choice. Dungee and a couple other at Arkansas are high draft choices. Pointer may come back to LSU as well as their big center have to wait and see what happens there.After the draft we will know a lot more but certain Davis is not coming back she is a top five choice.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It really stinks to lose to GA twice, but the first loss was far worse IMO. Home loss, blowing 17-pt. lead, missing two opportunities to win in last seconds, etc. This one was on the road after an emotionally and physically draining week resulting in historically-bad first half shooting. We missed layups, free throws, and wide-open five-footers, were flat-footed, got out-hustled to loise balls, telegraphed passes, etc. Only thing that kept it close was Georgia's ineptitude with the ball and at the line.

Pretty much all of our losses have been "winnable" games, but some of our wins have also been very "loseable," even against the lower SEC tier teams.

Are you kidding me? I LOVE this team but Mizzu will get under your skin and Auburn presses still. Let’s just say win out and hope U.K. (yuck) gets the win against GA.

In looking at the MSU game i don’t know how they fit it in before SEC tourney. If they do it’ll be a crunch of games in a short time including the tourney.

It’ll be interesting
Auburn is awful. Tennessee could play as poorly as they did today vs. UGA and still win by double digits.

I'm watching Mizzou now. They can have those moments on offense, but are very good at finding ways to lose.

Tennessee would be big, big favorites against both. Same with MSST, but they at least have the players to make it a game if they ignore their lack of coaching.

Women's basketball would be much more of a spectator sport if the players had to wear high-healed shoes

There were commercials made of them doing just that.

Also, some of you fellow rural fellers may remember the spectacular days of donkey basketball...a country tradition right up there with apple butter making and cake walks.

KK isn’t a loss to me. Frankly I’ll be glad not to have to watch her brick bunnies.

KK doesn't get enough love. She has her issues, but she plays hard, takes up space, and attacks the glass. Mark my words...her loss will be noticed, and not in a good way.

Even with recruiting, a freshman would not be able to replace Rennia, unless her Tennessee managed to get Fudd.

So, we finished what? Fifth in the SEC?

That is essentially where we were picked to finish and constitutes no real improvement for the year. We had a chance to finish third and just weren't all that interested in it so we deserve our standing.

We look more like a team now, and beat the 2nd ranked team in the country, while being competitive against some other top teams, but in the end we are what we were before --- middle of the pack.

We all know about wishes and ifs, but we are five points in two GA games and a Davis quarantine against KY away from being tied for first in SEC with chance to win the tie-breaker if SC beats A&M. That's how close we came this year to winning the regular season championship (assuming we win out on remaining schedule).

That's mind-boggling after seeing our woes today.

I read frequently how the refs have it in for us.... i see it differently.... refs are not out to get Key out of the game.... i will look at game again but i remember a block she made of Georgia shot early in 4th quarter when it was a pretty obvious body to body contact foul on Tamari

we need to beat the teams we should beat..... Georgia is not an elite team. but i think their coach is pretty good.... and that is what is needed in WCBB a strong HC and distributor PG

Again if she benches the ones you are asking her to demand it out of and plays the ones that many of you think aren't P5 players, and we get beat even worst then what?

She tried Emily, she tried Destiny, She tried Marta, the only 2 she didn't try was Rennie and Tess. Would they have given us more than the ones you are saying she need to demand more out of provided.

There comes a time when players have to play. Georgia won because Georgia was relentless and they have played relentless in both games. The only thing I think Kellie could do better is complain to the refs like many of her counterparts are doing because it seems to be working. Joni got pretty much every call she complained about, especially the block TK had. If Kellie goes off about that foul, maybe Rennia gets the call on the 3pt attempt at the end of the game.
I don't understand putting Emily in for 45 seconds and then take her right back out! She didn't even break a sweat. Kellie has done that to Emily before. She got a rebound,missed a put back and never got off the bench again!

Again if she benches the ones you are asking her to demand it out of and plays the ones that many of you think aren't P5 players, and we get beat even worst then what?

She tried Emily, she tried Destiny, She tried Marta, the only 2 she didn't try was Rennie and Tess. Would they have given us more than the ones you are saying she need to demand more out of provided.

There comes a time when players have to play. Georgia won because Georgia was relentless and they have played relentless in both games. The only thing I think Kellie could do better is complain to the refs like many of her counterparts are doing because it seems to be working. Joni got pretty much every call she complained about, especially the block TK had. If Kellie goes off about that foul, maybe Rennia gets the call on the 3pt attempt at the end of the game.
I don't understand putting Emily in for 45 seconds and then take her right back out! She didn't even break a sweat. Kellie has done that to Emily before. She got a rebound,missed a put back and never got off the bench again!agreed
That has been a rule for quite awhile. The refs don't have to know what was said, only to see a player get in another player's face while talking. This is not the NBA.
Agreed, the shove should overide a little talk. That goes on all the time.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Phantom
I think the turning point came when Tennessee came out firing in the third quarter but couldn't pull away from Georgia. Georgia matched them and in the fourth quarter scored at clutch times. Also, the refs let a lot of calls go on both sides. However, I do wonder about that last call on Key.

KK doesn't get enough love. She has her issues, but she plays hard, takes up space, and attacks the glass. Mark my words...her loss will be noticed, and not in a good way.

Even with recruiting, a freshman would not be able to replace Rennia, unless her Tennessee managed to get Fudd.
Agreed,she gives it her all!

VN Store

Back