Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

We outrebounded them but 29 percent doesn't win you a game. Shots were not falling was the most important factor in the game. Burrell had shots all over the rim most of them fell off. Happens gave the first game away to them today we played very hard just couldn't make a shot.
We didn’t play too hard because GA was getting whatever they wanted at the basket. You can say if Rae shots had fallen it would have been a competition, well if GA would’ve hit their bunny’s in the first half it wouldn’t have been close either.

Reactions: PG1
rewatch the game and watch the subbed player come back to the bench
If a player isn't intercepted and talked to, they will not learn!
Maybe you should watch it again, I've seen several times where other coaches have intercepted players (John, Lacey, Sully), Kellie intercepts them when she needs to and knows when too. As a coach you should know yourself that some players need another voice, that what assistant coaches are for. There are players that the coach can talk to until they are blue in the face and they will still do the same thing, but an assistant coach can say something and that player listens.

It's amazing how someone who claims to want to help the program and wish the coach would listen seems to have all the answers to what she is doing wrong (or every coach for that matter). There are several high schools, looking for coaches. Build one of those programs and work your way to the next level. Maybe then we can take you and what you are speaking seriously.

Is she at fault at times, yes, but making it seem that every time we loses is because of her, it a bit problematic.

Unless MSST makes their way back into the schedule, there are no remaining games that Tennessee could possibly lose. GA and UK both have more difficult finishes to their season.

I'd be shocked if Tennessee doesn't finish 3rd.

Are you kidding me? I LOVE this team but Mizzu will get under your skin and Auburn presses still. Let’s just say win out and hope U.K. (yuck) gets the win against GA.

In looking at the MSU game i don’t know how they fit it in before SEC tourney. If they do it’ll be a crunch of games in a short time including the tourney.

It’ll be interesting

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We didn’t play too hard because GA was getting whatever they wanted at the basket. You can say if Rae shots had fallen it would have been a competition, well if GA would’ve hit their bunny’s in the first half it wouldn’t have been close either.
They shot like 38 percent which is a winnable game if we don't shoot 29

What do you think is reasonable expectations for next season? It's going to be a rebuild without Rennia and KK.
Losing Rennia is tough but we could’ve survived it with better recruiting.

KK isn’t a loss to me. Frankly I’ll be glad not to have to watch her brick bunnies.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Real fans watch and care, they don't just show up to watch the pretty basketball.
I have seen ugly basketball and I am still there.

And this loss ticks me off bc we let our team's play be dictated by our opponent's play and our own inner "woe is us" countenance.

This makes me mad bc I am a fighter, and will never quit fighting
I watched every play and will the next game. I have also watched every game this season(unless not on TV or the app) and have seen ugly and pretty and all in between. I watched every game of Holly Ball, still here. I don't know how much more a real fan I could be. Where in my post have I said otherwise?

Reactions: mcannon1
Are you kidding me? I LOVE this team but Mizzu will get under your skin and Auburn presses still. Let’s just say win out and hope U.K. (yuck) gets the win against GA.

In looking at the MSU game i don’t know how they fit it in before SEC tourney. If they do it’ll be a crunch of games in a short time including the tourney.

It’ll be interesting
I hope they fit it in

How? We were down 1 she missed one FT we lost by 2 would it have made a difference if we lost by 1?
It might have played out different the point was it was a stupid terrible call whether we went on to win or lose the game. A call that should've never been made because it was not a foul.

Reactions: UT Challenger
I hope they fit it in

LOL, what is up with you and squeezing games in?

I am def not scared of MSU but i would rather either play the game and forget the SEC tourney OR forget the game and play the tourney.

and i say that because i have never been a person to say compete just to compete there are times practice and recovery and more valuable to the mission.

LOL, what is up with you and squeezing games in?
This team needs all the reps they can get. Plus playing a team we have not played yet gives us a chance to learn how to beat them. We very well may meet them in the SEC tourney so the more we know the better.

So, we finished what? Fifth in the SEC?

That is essentially where we were picked to finish and constitutes no real improvement for the year. We had a chance to finish third and just weren't all that interested in it so we deserve our standing.

We look more like a team now, and beat the 2nd ranked team in the country, while being competitive against some other top teams, but in the end we are what we were before --- middle of the pack.

Were losing Rennia but a lot of SEC teams losing a lot of key players so we have to see the final rosters and transfers to determine next season. A&M losing a lot so is Georgia and Arkansas and a few others. I'll wait to see who is where before I decide next season. SC will again be fabulous and probably Kentucky not losing much. Other than those two a lot of teams losing more than we are.

So, we finished what? Fifth in the SEC?

That is essentially where we were picked to finish and constitutes no real improvement for the year. We had a chance to finish third and just weren't all that interested in it so we deserve our standing.

We look more like a team now, and beat the 2nd ranked team in the country, while being competitive against some other top teams, but in the end we are what we were before --- middle of the pack.
We would only finish fifth if we lose the last two games. If we win the last two we finish fourth for sure and third if the games play out right.

This team needs all the reps they can get. Plus playing a team we have not played yet gives us a chance to learn how to beat them. We very well may meet them in the SEC tourney so the more we know the better.

i hear ya but i also want the tweets and the aches to be able to get handled. We KNOW we are a tourney team this year which is a nice change but we gotta be healthy to do any type of damage. That’s my concern

play for reps is great but sometimes returning to practice and being able to teach is the best thing.

Were losing Rennia but a lot of SEC teams losing a lot of key players so we have to see the final rosters and transfers to determine next season. A&M losing a lot so is Georgia and Arkansas and a few others. I'll wait to see who is where before I decide next season. SC will again be fabulous and probably Kentucky not losing much. Other than those two a lot of teams losing more than we are.

Whichever teams have their top senior talent return will have a pretty interesting advantage. You're older, more experienced, more physically mature, etc. I suspect it will unbalance the sport for a year or two - suspect, anyway. We're going to find out either way.

Whichever teams have their top senior talent return will have a pretty interesting advantage. You're older, more experienced, more physically mature, etc. I suspect it will unbalance the sport for a year or two - suspect, anyway. We're going to find out either way.
We return everybody but Davis and KK. I think A&M loses a load of seniors as does Georgia. LSU loses many key players and Bama loses a couple key seniors as well. The two that look the best beside us are SC and Kentucky returning the most key players.

Key play of the game was the last foul call on Key. She is not foul it was a clear block Refs got it wrong.
Refs made it a point to get Key out of the game against SC. Ga players reached in an slapped at the ball everytime we dribbled going to the basket with no fouls called. Refs have been bad in our games all year.They will continue to be bad until coach KH goes off on one and gets T'ed up. As bad as the officials were today that did not cost us the game. We beat ourselves today. To many missed easy shots in the paint. Should have won by double digits. Ga is not that good of a team.

It's amazing how someone who claims to want to help the program and wish the coach would listen seems to have all the answers to what she is doing wrong (or every coach for that matter). There are several high schools, looking for coaches. Build one of those programs and work your way to the next level. Maybe then we can take you and what you are speaking seriously.

Oh friend. Oh sweet summer friend who I don't actually know because this is an anonymous internet message board. I wish you good luck, or as the French say, bonne chance.

GA was missing point blank uncontested rim shots. How was it winnable if they would’ve made their layups also in the first half? We both got up the same amount of shots. 66.
We missed point blank key shots as well. We missed more than a dozen and it is winnable is we make that last three or any of the other shots we missed down the stretch.

Refs made it a point to get Key out of the game against SC. Ga players reached in an slapped at the ball everytime we dribbled going to the basket with no fouls called. Refs have been bad in our games all year.They will continue to be bad until coach KH goes off on one and gets T'ed up. As bad as the officials were today that did not cost us the game. We beat ourselves today. To many missed easy shots in the paint. Should have won by double digits. Ga is not that good of a team.
We played terrible but hard to say Georgia is not that good when they are 17 and 4 and won 9 SEC games.

Last I checked you have to make baskets to win games. They fooled us again. You think they've turned a corner beating the #2 team in the country... but it was just a fluke.

VN Store

Back