'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Kids dad wants a job. He’s going to where his dad will get a job. New staff ain’t gonna play that game.
if that’s the case then JH’s comments about Tevin and Horn being the Top 2 or only 2 (I forgot) QB’s we were recruiting is interesting. (Not saying they have anything to do with one another, just interesting that you say this)

There is always room for the 1st time...........but name a great......or even a good college QB from West Tn. since 1960.

AP has constantly said Ty understands the ramifications if he doesn’t pick UT and is very calculated in what he says.

If that’s truly the case and he really wants to go to either Bama or Clemson then why not just eliminate us entirely? Why continue to take calls from Heupel? Just focus on those 2 schools and drop us.

I just hope we haven’t slow played Horn through all of this.

Reactions: volsfan_17
The Bama part of the equation was based on him playing for Sark:
Heupel isn't the only new coach involved in his recruitment on his list of schools. Steve Sarkisian is the other head coach that has been recruiting Simpson, and "Sark" left Alabama as the offensive coordinator to take over at Texas. That made the Longhorns a player immediately.
"Coach Sarkisian has been recruiting me for a long time. I think he has been talking to me since my sophomore year, so we know each other well, we have a great relationship, and he is a coach that showed really early interest in me.
"As soon as he went to Texas, he stayed in communication, and he is a great coach, with a great offense, so I like Texas a lot. It is a great program with a well-known brand, that has won championships, and now coach Sarkisian is there, so I am considering them."

The quotes he gave about O'Brien at Bama seem pretty generic:
"I have been talking to coach O'Brien a lot now, and at first, it was about us getting to know each other, but now we have gotten into more things about him as a coach, player development, and things like that," said Simpson.
"He has coached Tom Brady, Deshaun Watson, and other great quarterbacks, so he knows how to coach. We have talked about those guys, his offensive plan, and I know if I go to Alabama, it will be a pro-style system, and I would have a chance to prepare for the NFL."

Compare that to what he said about Heupel:
"Tennessee is the in-state school, I have a bunch of friends going there, I know players there now, and it would be a great opportunity for me to play for the in-state school and have a chance to be that guy for them.

"It would be a great opportunity to have a chance to bring Tennessee back. That is something I really have to think about.

"I think coach Heupel is a great coach, we have talked numerous times already, and he is a guy I just met, but feel like I have known for a long time. He seems like a great guy, I know he is a former quarterback, and he is an offensive guy, so I could still see myself there."

The UT side of it just makes more sense in my opinion.

The Bama part of the equation was based on him playing for Sark:

The quotes he gave about O'Brien at Bama seem pretty generic:

Compare that to what he said about Heupel:

The UT side of it just makes more sense in my opinion.

I see your point. My biggest thing is why is he communicating with Heupel so much? If he is all Bama or Clemson, why talk to Heupel so much and say great things about him?

if that’s the case then JH’s comments about Tevin and Horn being the Top 2 or only 2 (I forgot) QB’s we were recruiting is interesting. (Not saying they have anything to do with one another, just interesting that you say this)
Those were Tevin Carter's comments. We don't know if that was actually said. It's possible Tevin assumed that's what was meant by something that was said.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Beldar, Chaney and Weinke still being in his ear doesn't sound great, per Callahan:

"But I think a great relationship I had, and I still text him to this day, is (former Tennessee) coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, (former quarterbacks) coach (Chris) Weinke, (former offensive coordinator Jim) Chaney there at Tennessee.

“They were one of my first offers, so being able to recruit me until they couldn’t was awesome. And then them texting me still today after they’ve been let go at the University of Tennessee, the job that they were recruiting me at, shows true love.

“They said, ‘Ty, wherever you go, just know that we’re going to be there watching and some of your biggest fans."

VN Store

Back