NCAA Sanctions............

All I can tell you is this is much bigger and goes much deeper than most of you are aware of.

Yes, that’s what she said, but it still applies.

When this all comes to light you’re gonna be amazed at just how stupid we were in regards to this. Honestly this is probably the worst recruiting issues since SMU, and that’s not hyperbole. Even the program insiders have started to tell you, this is much worse than we are publicly aware
Drama Queen much!

Reactions: N.ohio vol
All I can tell you is this is much bigger and goes much deeper than most of you are aware of.

Yes, that’s what she said, but it still applies.

When this all comes to light you’re gonna be amazed at just how stupid we were in regards to this. Honestly this is probably the worst recruiting issues since SMU, and that’s not hyperbole. Even the program insiders have started to tell you, this is much worse than we are publicly aware
Roger-and-Pongo-101-dalmatians-40339911-500-356.gif

I've said this before. It depends on whether the NCAA is serious about rooting out this problem or not. If they are then they will reward schools that self-report and institute corrective action plans with lighter punishment. If not, they'll drop the hammer on UT and send another clear message that cheating should be covered up and denied.
This all day. The NCAA is on the clock here. If they come down hard on UT you will see schools resist the NCAA in the future to avoid punishment. With the recent situations at LSU, Auburn, and UNC Tennessee has a good case for selective rule enforcement by the NCAA in which they are violating their own rules.

This all day. The NCAA is on the clock here. If they come down hard on UT you will see schools resist the NCAA in the future to avoid punishment. With the recent situations at LSU, Auburn, and UNC Tennessee has a good case for selective rule enforcement by the NCAA in which they are violating their own rules.
It is just dumb to not reward programs that confess and are willing to correct their system and put in safe guards. There are several here that are rationalizing the "way things are"... but this could be fixed pretty quickly if all the incentives weren't against doing the right thing.

What really sucks is, that further punishment only serves to hurt the student athletes. The people that did the deeds are all (?) gone and beyond further punishment and will likely wind up getting some money. What a mess.

Yeah that’s the part that gets me as well. All those involved got their money and took off. Yet now our current players and coaching staff has to suffer because of it. Doesn’t really seem fair.

Yeah that’s the part that gets me as well. All those involved got their money and took off. Yet now our current players and coaching staff has to suffer because of it. Doesn’t really seem fair.
Some might even continue to get paid while their gone... Ansley and Martin. Volquest made it sound like Pruitt might still get some money and Fulmer to recieve almost 38,000 a month til 2023😳

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It is just dumb to not reward programs that confess and are willing to correct their system and put in safe guards. There are several here that are rationalizing the "way things are"... but this could be fixed pretty quickly if all the incentives weren't against doing the right thing.
Missouri did the “right thing” by cooperating and got hammered. They even appealed on the basis that they were so forthcoming and had taken corrective actions. NCAA sent a message loud and clear “cooperating with us will get you no leniency.” Our guys must have missed that message.

Missouri did the “right thing” by cooperating and got hammered. They even appealed on the basis that they were so forthcoming and had taken corrective actions. NCAA sent a message loud and clear “cooperating with us will get you no leniency.” Our guys must have missed that message.
I don't know. My point is about what would make the most sense if the NCAA actually wants to clean sports up. All of the incentives are against obeying the rules, enforcing the rules on your own program, and cooperating with the NCAA when there are problems. We even give murderers leniency when they cooperate... but not Athletic Departments that want to do things right?

Reactions: SpookyAction
Some might even continue to get paid while their gone... Ansley and Martin. Volquest made it sound like Pruitt might still get some money and Fulmer to recieve almost 38,000 a month til 2023😳

They are laughing all the way to the bank while our current staff gets the shaft. SMDH.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
They are laughing all the way to the bank while our current staff gets the shaft. SMDH.
I believe CJH and white will be doing everything in thier power to get this thing back on the tracks. I cannot support them enough. I truely believe they want to be here and want to fix this. I'm hoping CJH is the answer but if not he'll be remembered as the guy who walked into a crap storm like no other and took it on toe to toe and for that I give him props. I dont think your going to get much by White hes going to start holding people to hire standards in the wins and loss columns. I think before thier was to much leway and slack.

We aren't going to get massive sanctions from this. We actually fired the coaches involved and the players involved look to be gone or would be suspended for games this season. I don't see a bowl ban at all here.

Reactions: hog88
On a related note, what’s the 411 with Pruitt’s alleged lawsuit and impending settlement?
TYp3S.gif

And people said that Fulmer loved UT. BS. He screwed UT and took the money and ran.
I guess I don't understand how you get let go or fired or whatever they considered it and you still get paid that until 2023. It blows my mind. Alot of money going to people in this deal. Ansley leaves on his own possibly still recieving payment. Martin leaves still fighting for payment. Pruitt still might recieve some buyout.. Steele receives what almost a million for 3 weeks of service. No wonder they say we're broke ...😬

Hopefully because UT took drastic actions, self reported, and cleaned house, the NCAA will show a little mercy. There’s not much they can do to hurt UT much more. We have lost a lot of players to the transfer portal and probably won’t make a decent bowl for a couple of years anyway. They should punish the coaches who were involved from college jobs instead of punishing the new staff and players left behind who have nothing to do with this. It’s not like the administration was condoning anything so there wasn’t a complete lack of instructional control. Perhaps they just fine the university.
Nope, bowl the first year. The coach is a winner.

Nope, bowl the first year. The coach is a winner.
For the next three seasons of so it will be a struggle to achieve a winning record and a bowl game. I think Coach Heupel will be head coach of Tennessee for at least six seasons because it will probably take that long to pull the Tennessee football program out of the coming NCAA quagmire.

Did you really think about what you just said? Imagine you own a store and your competitor figures out how to pocket what he collects for sales taxes. Is it OK for him to continue to get away with it even if the government is "too corrupt to decide who is a tax cheat"?

Good grief. If folks are confused about what's happening in our society and government... your take on this situation provides the answer.

So why not let them deal drugs or rob houses and look the other way? If integrity and "rule of law" and fair competition really mean nothing... why limit it to $100 handshakes or McDonald's bags?

Really? You should remember that if a "poor" person ever mugs you or breaks into your house, robs you, and violates you daughter. It would be silly for them not to... right? Their actions should be rationalized, justified, and dismissed without consequence, right?

These kids need NOTHING more than a structure that teaches them that rules are just and protect everyone... and apply to everyone.

I am not even slightly confused. However, following the rules of a sanctioning body that is itself corrupt is what is wrong with soceity today.

Your last line....

Rules are just?? Seriously...you teach your children to blindly follow rules because they are just?
Its a good thing a few rules were ignored by the fellows who founded this country.

Rules that insist a kid cant get a freaking job to make exrra money because he is a great athlete..are just?

Rules that say the NCAA wont allow you sell YOUR likeness for $100 or YOUR signature for $100 ..thats just? GTFOH

Your belief system are whats wrong with this country...being a conformist aint what men are made of. Following along blindly without question, thats the way of people i dont want my kids to be like

What does violating someones daughter have to do with being poor ? Or are you just so stupid you assume a person who is poor will do/desire ro do all those things?

Your entire line of reasoning is off though...equating all rules and laws. You fail to understand that a law that protects my rights, ie not to be mugged or violated, is not the same as kid taking a $100 from a billionaire because it breaks some rule set by some sanctioning body.

But continue to bow at the feet of your betters...follow every rule even those that hurt you for their benefit..they will be very happy with you. They might even pat your head on occasion.

For the next three seasons of so it will be a struggle to achieve a winning record and a bowl game. I think Coach Heupel will be head coach of Tennessee for at least six seasons because it will probably take that long to pull the Tennessee football program out of the coming NCAA quagmire.
I see the glass over half full. He’s the first true coach we’ve had in quite some time. No catch phrase and probably not afraid to pull the plug on a lousy QB.

Prepare yourselves, stop thinking this is going to be minor, we are going to get absolutely hammered. This is one of the most insanely stupid and documented recruiting issues ever caught.

We have literally been caught with our pants down and our hand in the cookie jar. This is much worse than most of you know.

Wait till it all comes out, we are going to be absolutely hammered for this

I would guess a hefty fine, multi year bowl ban, scholarship losses over multiple years, recruiting restrictions, and I’m sure show causes for several of our ex-coaches and recruiting staff may never work in athletics again.
You are NEVER correct on any of your posts. Just go back and read a few of them. Drama queen.

There won’t be any loss of scholarships or bowl bans. We investigated our selves and fired the guilty parties. Pruitt is on the NFL for a reason. UT will be golden.

I would bet on this happening.

Reactions: Bubbs
There won’t be any loss of scholarships or bowl bans. We investigated our selves and fired the guilty parties. Pruitt is on the NFL for a reason. UT will be golden.
maybe just a self imposed bowl ban like LSU did

Reactions: Bubbs
I am not even slightly confused. However, following the rules of a sanctioning body that is itself corrupt is what is wrong with soceity today.
The rules... are not corrupt. If enforcement is corrupt then let's deal with the actual problem rather than throwing the idea of fair competition in the trash bin?

Your last line....

Rules are just?? Seriously...you teach your children to blindly follow rules because they are just?
Its a good thing a few rules were ignored by the fellows who founded this country.
LOL... nice try but no. They answered injustice to secure a JUST society... not to see who could cheat their way to success.

Rules that insist a kid cant get a freaking job to make exrra money because he is a great athlete..are just?
You mean the kid that voluntarily signed a document saying that in exchange for playing a GAME and obeying the RULES... he would have all of his expenses covered while in college? My kids joined the Guard to pay for college. Don't ask me to have pity on guys who are pampered like football players.

Rules that say the NCAA wont allow you sell YOUR likeness for $100 or YOUR signature for $100 ..thats just? GTFOH
Don't like the rules... change the rules. If you agree to rules voluntarily then you do NOT have a right to ignore them.

You are still working double time trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Your belief system are whats wrong with this country...being a conformist aint what men are made of. Following along blindly without question, thats the way of people i dont want my kids to be like
LOL... you think cheating and taking unfair advantage is evidence of being a "man" or even a "non-conformist"? If you think I am a "conformist" or afraid of disagreement.. you haven't paid much attention. Find a few of my posts concerning the idiotic response to Covid.

What does violating someones daughter have to do with being poor ? Or are you just so stupid you assume a person who is poor will do/desire ro do all those things?
Do you have ANY self-awareness? You are saying that if someone feels justified in violating the rules that protect the legitimate rights and expectations of other people... then they're to be excused. If that's true then why not someone who uses their perceived poverty and social oppression as a justification to rob you and abuse your daughter? Just be logically consistent.

Your entire line of reasoning is off though...equating all rules and laws. You fail to understand that a law that protects my rights, ie not to be mugged or violated, is not the same as kid taking a $100 from a billionaire because it breaks some rule set by some sanctioning body.
Right. Because you are trying to justify a competition based on everyone trying to cheat better than everyone else with moral relativism.

But continue to bow at the feet of your betters...follow every rule even those that hurt you for their benefit..they will be very happy with you. They might even pat your head on occasion.
Yeah... that's pretty stupid too. Obeying LEGITIMATE rules and laws designed to create an environment where fair competition can occur... is bowing at the feet of "betters". We should really just forego all laws that attempt to make business competition ethical and fair, right? Why not permit industrial espionage and sabotage? What's wrong with price fixing, gouging, trusts, monopolies, etc? I mean shouldn't we allow the best cheaters to "win".

VN Store

Back