The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

I’m not.

Just being realistic.

Our basketball team could be a whole lot worse right now.

We shouldn’t force Barnes out that made us a respectable team again.

No one who is sane thinks we should force Barnes out.

With that being said, the coaching job this year hasnt met expectations

The Admiral Schofield teams were much better than this
I agree,, Not even close. That 1 spot is so important. We need a 1 that can put pressure on a defense, flip the court after a score, or push the ball up court after a miss. Create ways to score in transition, we don't have a PG near Bone

Reactions: Border Vol
JFC.....why do you turn any criticism into a "FAHR BARNES!" thing? You do realize there is such thing as legit criticism, right?

My God, you sound like a person defending their political party.
He accused me a couple of game ago of wanting Barnes fired and I never said one word about firing Barnes. But its time to start questioning Barnes because this team is regressing every game and I was all for Barnes getting hired.

There’s plenty of posters who wants Barnes fired.

Cool. Where did I say that?

Was this or was this not a terrible performance? And stop the "whataboutism" bulls***; "it could be worse" isn't a valid statement for a team that at one point was being groomed as a #1 seed and was picked to win the SEC. I don't give a s*** what UK was picked to do or how many NBA 5 stars they have.

Might be the most inconsistent team I’ve ever seen. One week they look like they can beat any team in the country and the next week they can’t beat the Little Sisters of the Poor. Hopefully when tournament time comes, we see the hot team. Otherwise they don’t make it out of the first weekend.

Reactions: tnvols72
Cool. Where did I say that?

Was this or was this not a terrible performance? And stop the "whataboutism" bulls***; "it could be worse" isn't a valid statement for a team that at one point was being groomed as a #1 seed and was picked to win the SEC. I don't give a s*** what UK was picked to do or how many NBA 5 stars they have.

It was a bad performance overall.

UK was more physical and the refs wouldn’t let our players be physical with Sarr & Jackson.

This team hasn’t lived up to their potential, I agree.

However, I’d still take this team over any of Tyndalls.

I mean we all know Kentucky isn’t as bad as their record, Cal’s roster is still stacked deep with NBA talent.

Still losing like this when we play terrible ball is frustrating.

You are what your record says you are. Kentucky scored 70 point. That is all. It was not a juggernaut performance by a good team. They were 7-13 with two victories they squeaked out against the bottom of the SEC.

The Vols have had several puzzling blowout losses due to their inability to score.

We better be nervous about Vanderbilt if we play that game. After taking Kentucky to the buzzer they did the same to Alabama.

Reactions: tnvols72

UK was more physical and the refs wouldn’t let our players be physical with Sarr & Jackson.

Ok.....

I'd take Butch Jones' teams over Pruitt's. That doesn't mean I think Jones did a great job.

Volnation is vey passionate and I enjoy the conversation w fellow Vol fans. But please don’t say refs or missed/bad call cost us the game.

Officiating rarely causes the outcome of games. Yes it’s happened (Vs Purdue in tourney w foul called) in the past but rarely is the cause of a win or loss.

2nd...laughable to even mention the refs when you lose by 15. We saw some bad calls but I'm sure it wasn't 15 points worth.

Reactions: vol94
If I remember correctly, Barnes was fired at TX for underachieving. When a guys been there 20 years its time to cut bait, but where TN was as a basketball school hes done fine. Maybe we need to temper expectations a bit for basketball. Barnes ball can only take you so far. We are going to be a decent to good team that will struggle to get over the hump, its just what Barnes is.

Reactions: Border Vol

Team sure, style of play, give me Tyndall all day and twice on Sunday.

If I remember correctly, Barnes was fired at TX for underachieving. When a guys been there 20 years its time to cut bait, but where TN was as a basketball school hes done fine. Maybe we need to temper expectations a bit for basketball. Barnes ball can only take you so far. We are going to be a decent to good team that will struggle to get over the hump, its just what Barnes is.
Remind me how many tournament games Texas has won since they fired Barnes.

Reactions: Tnphil
LMAO Kentucky shot 40%!!![/QUOTE/
Stats are meaningless without detail. They shot accurately at crucial moments. Their second half shooting skewed the stat. They made a bunch of timely 3s. They also played good defense. Their record is meaningless as to their potential. I know, idiot fans want to label it as, "we lost to a bottom feeder", but they have more talent than anyone in the league. If they click and a quality opponent doesn't, they're giving an old fashioned

VN Store

Back