NCAA Sanctions............

LSU was caught with their pants down.. Coach was taped offering $ and nothing has happened to them. NCAA is not as powerful as they used to be. They have set too many bad precedents of little to no action in the last few yrs. We will see. TN should have a lot of reasons to protest any heavy penalties.

Bama and Ga aren't the only SEC schools getting kids from across the country to come here.
We've had our share of Calif kids come here. Oh yeah, we were paying them too.

We have a lot of posters here complaining about Auburn and others paying recruits that end up signing with them. Guess what, we have been paying them too.

We should never accuse other schools of paying them, especially after we have been caught with a hand in the cookie jar.
We were not caught. We are the ones who investigated and reported this. NCAA had no clue. Gives us a right to report incidents at other schools.

Reactions: tbh
All I can tell you is this is much bigger and goes much deeper than most of you are aware of.

Yes, that’s what she said, but it still applies.

When this all comes to light you’re gonna be amazed at just how stupid we were in regards to this. Honestly this is probably the worst recruiting issues since SMU, and that’s not hyperbole. Even the program insiders have started to tell you, this is much worse than we are publicly aware

Reactions: Catbone
Call me naive but I honestly don't think Alabama is cheating. At least not now. Their "carrot" is very simple, come here and play for the greatest college coach in history, play for championships, and go to the NFL in the 1st round. I think that's all they have to say in 2021 to get high level recruits to go there. Georgia on the other hand, I believe cheats like hell.

The state of Georgia, for it's population, produces the most blue chip players in the country. Why would the flagship university in the state not be able to recruit the best players without cheating?

Reactions: Rooster1
Call me naive but I honestly don't think Alabama is cheating. At least not now. Their "carrot" is very simple, come here and play for the greatest college coach in history, play for championships, and go to the NFL in the 1st round. I think that's all they have to say in 2021 to get high level recruits to go there. Georgia on the other hand, I believe cheats like hell.

Alabama's Recruiting Dominance Continues (Wow)

The state of Georgia, for it's population, produces the most blue chip players in the country. Why would the flagship university in the state not be able to recruit the best players without cheating?
Stop with the holier than thou BS, every school in this conference cheats. If you believe UGA doesn't then you're an idiot which I firmly believe you are regardless of your answer.

Maybe someone has already posted this. If so, please merge.
What penalties have been levied against us, if any? Or, what are the possibilities? I haven't heard anything. Thanks.
Nothing yet from NCAA has been officially announced

Auburn basketball has banned itself from the NCAA tournament. NCAA has not imposed it's penalties yet.

LSU imposed a lose of 8 scholarships on it's football program and a self ban from bowl game this past season (big deal) hoping to soften the blow from the NCAA. NCAA still hasn't made ruling.
LSU basketball is still being investigate for level 3 violations (I think). Ward's contract was rewritten so that if they are INVESTIGATED for level 1 or 2 violations, he can be fired with cause.

It takes the NCAA forever to declare the penalties, especially since they started an independent investigative/penalty service a couple years ago. Memphis is still waiting it's penalties for using Wiseman a couple ago even though apparently they admitted everything upfront.
I think the Memphis case hinges on two fronts. First, playing a disqualified athlete in a game. Secondly, doing it with totally disregard for the NCAA ruling (which may have been the dumbest thing I’ve witnessed in NCAA sports in a long time). But you are right. The new independent panel still hasn’t ruled on it and I think Wiseman is entering his second year as a professional. It’ll be interesting to see how much weight the total disregard for the NCAA plays into it.

That's the problem just having the dark cloud over the program. Most ppl will assume the worst. Which makes it hard to recruit and move forward. I'd rather get the penalties and start dealing with them and get them out of the way. Although LSU BB Wade has far worse on tape FBI and all but they just let it roll like water off a ducks back, They are still in the BB race with all those bought players that Wade talked about the big A$$ payment. Only seems like UT ever gets punished Pearl 5 year show cause, Donnie Tyndall lifetime show cause. Will Wade gets a raise up for SEC coach of yearo_Oo_O
And Bruce Pearl canned for a freakin BBQ! Crying on national TV, ESPN shunning him. Not a dang word against Will Wade! Unreal.

That's the problem just having the dark cloud over the program. Most ppl will assume the worst. Which makes it hard to recruit and move forward. I'd rather get the penalties and start dealing with them and get them out of the way. Although LSU BB Wade has far worse on tape FBI and all but they just let it roll like water off a ducks back, They are still in the BB race with all those bought players that Wade talked about the big A$$ payment. Only seems like UT ever gets punished Pearl 5 year show cause, Donnie Tyndall lifetime show cause. Will Wade gets a raise up for SEC coach of yearo_Oo_O

I gave you a like, because there is no "double/triple/quadruple hate button.

What penalties have been levied against us, if any? Or, what are the possibilities? I haven't heard anything. Thanks.

Nothing yet. Any statement at this point is a guess

I think Pruitt and his crew should get 30 days in the electric chair.

Go VOLS

By the time sanctions are announced we should be back to bowl eligible and then we will have the bowl ban hit us.

Reactions: Raebo
There won’t be any loss of scholarships or bowl bans. We investigated our selves and fired the guilty parties. Pruitt is on the NFL for a reason. UT will be golden.

I think everybody cheats, but it's not that huge of a shocker that Georgia kids want to play for Georgia when they are doing well. It's the kids coming from halfway across the country like Darnell Washington that make you go hmm, especially when we were apparently trying to pay him to come here and he went there.
i think it was Josh Pate (Late Kick) that said that Pruitt was doing what most schools do, but with reckless abandon. I don't know if he knows details or not.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I've said this before. It depends on whether the NCAA is serious about rooting out this problem or not. If they are then they will reward schools that self-report and institute corrective action plans with lighter punishment. If not, they'll drop the hammer on UT and send another clear message that cheating should be covered up and denied.

Any school getting 5 stars regularly has found a way to pay players. Personally i don't have an issue with it and think the NCAA is far too corrupt to get to decide which programs are dirty.
Did you really think about what you just said? Imagine you own a store and your competitor figures out how to pocket what he collects for sales taxes. Is it OK for him to continue to get away with it even if the government is "too corrupt to decide who is a tax cheat"?

Good grief. If folks are confused about what's happening in our society and government... your take on this situation provides the answer.

However that aside, even 18 year olds that told they have NFL talent are still going to look at cash in hand now vs NFL money in 4 years. And championships are important but green now speaks louder.
So why not let them deal drugs or rob houses and look the other way? If integrity and "rule of law" and fair competition really mean nothing... why limit it to $100 handshakes or McDonald's bags?

Unless a kid has an excellent family structure he is going to take the $100 handshake and nice car route. And imo woild be silly not to do that.
Really? You should remember that if a "poor" person ever mugs you or breaks into your house, robs you, and violates you daughter. It would be silly for them not to... right? Their actions should be rationalized, justified, and dismissed without consequence, right?

Every single program in the power 5 can boast of NFL alum. So if a kid has the talent and more importantly the deaire/work ethic..he can play wherever and get to the next level.
These kids need NOTHING more than a structure that teaches them that rules are just and protect everyone... and apply to everyone.

Last edited:
If we get a crazy penalty due to all of this crap, we should come out in masses and protest of will Wade at LSU and make them do something about it! That is most definitely not playing on an even Battlefield when 1 coach is outright caught on tape admitting to pay for play and they get nothing while we get slammed by sanctions?!? We should definitely bring volnation together as one voice that this will not be tolerated, if it comes to fruition.

If we get a crazy penalty due to all of this crap, we should come out in masses and protest of will Wade at LSU and make them do something about it! That is most definitely not playing on an even Battlefield when 1 coach is outright caught on tape admitting to pay for play and they get nothing while we get slammed by sanctions?!? We should definitely bring volnation together as one voice that this will not be tolerated, if it comes to fruition.
Yep & Wade on tape bragging about his big A$$ payment to 11players & the ones haven’t graduated still playing

Attachments

• B3C652F4-4149-4E12-8DF3-3BD2068A2E66.png
    B3C652F4-4149-4E12-8DF3-3BD2068A2E66.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back