2021 NFL Offseason Thread

I haven't heard a ton of opinions on it, but almost everybody is a big time buyer

Well to be fair, pretty much all the criticism has been about the draft picks, and given recent history, I understand the sentiment. But I still think he and McVay will be awesome together.

GhoY.gif

I guess Houston is trying to get the 1st pick in the '22, '23, and '24 NFL Draft:rolleyes:
He asked to be released.

I know everyone hates on the trade (and I figure you're gonna hate this take, mad4vols), but I won't be surprised in the least if Stafford ends up being amazing in LA. Don't know why, but I get Tannehill/Titans vibes from that transaction. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery.
Don’t forget Stafford had Megatron and we still never won a playoff game.

Don’t forget Stafford had Megatron and we still never won a playoff game.

Could’ve just been a Lions thing. And I’m not saying that to be a dick. It’s important to note that Stafford had a couple of his best seasons immediately after Megatron retired. They also made the post season if memory serves.

I don’t think receivers were his problem in Detroit. I just don’t think he was big enough to overcome some deeper organizational issues.

Well to be fair, pretty much all the criticism has been about the draft picks, and given recent history, I understand the sentiment. But I still think he and McVay will be awesome together.

Stafford will be awesome in LA.

The Lions did good on the trade.

I believe both are true.

They don’t really own the rights to the logo, brand, franchise history, etc, so they really can’t at this point.

Which sucks. The Titans should have done the right thing and “Raven’d” that move. Unfortunately the Oilers were Bud Adams’ baby and his ego was Texas-sized, so that wasn’t gonna happen.

If the Texans weren’t now fully entrenched in that area I’d still be all for them doing it retroactively like the Pelicans/Hornets in the NBA.

Gonna be so weird having 17 games. I’m sure I’ll adjust, but it really annoys the OCD part of my brain.

It's also going to open up the record books for stats. Obviously not as pronounced as the 2 game jump after '77 (Simpson having 2K in only 14 games is still astonishing) but it will show up on the stat sheets.

Reactions: orangepridenation
It's also going to open up the record books for stats. Obviously not as pronounced as the 2 game jump after '77 (Simpson having 2K in only 14 games is still astonishing) but it will show up on the stat sheets.

Wow. I never put that timeline together in my head regarding OJ’s 2K season, but you’re right, that’s incredible looking back now.

I agree about the stats. Hell, my Titans might even finally manage to have a 4K yard passer lol, but it just throws me off because of how aligned and balanced the 16-game format was. It just made perfect sense in a 32-team league with 8 divisions.

Reactions: NashVol11
OBJ ➡️ Tampa
Watt ➡️ Cleveland
Jimmy G ➡️ NE
Sam Darnold ➡️ SF
Watson ➡️ Carolina
Bridgewater and picks ➡️ Texans
(Just because Rhule has no clue what he’s doing)

How can you hate ‘more’?

I guess hate is the wrong word. But I have problems with the fact that A) it’s a healthy and safety thing first. B) I hate it’s an odd number. C) It’s gonna make the schedule super wonky.

VN Store

Back