Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols vs. (2/3) South Carolina

I don't get the feeling Andy Landers hates us. I had just read a post stating he won't even say "Tennessee" and I had just tuned in to sec network...and he said "Tennessee" 3 times in a stretch of 10-15 seconds....and gave us plenty of respect I thought. He was however blaming it more on SC screwing up than us playing well so maybe a little bit of subtle negativity toward us but I've never heard him blatantly blast us or refuse to give us respect. Just sayin.
...you have yet to learn to read the sphincter factor. Notice when he's complimentary to the Lady vols... The skin tightens around his jaws, due to the balance of skin sucking up into his a**...

...you have yet to learn to read the sphincter factor. Notice when he's complimentary to the Lady vols... The skin tightens around his jaws, due to the balance of skin sucking up into his a**...
I just never listened to him with the purpose of seeing if he was overly negative toward us or not...but I did tonight and just didn't see that he was. Maybe he has before and I just didn't notice it...but the way some were talking I almost expected him to look into the camera and say "I'm just gonna say it. Tennessee sucks. Period. They are a cheating a** garbage program...and I firmly believe Pat Summit is burning in hell." Lol.

Congrats to Kellie on earning her signature win! It was fun watching her expose overrated Staley and her street-ballers.

Great team win, but still scary to think what happens next year after Davis leaves...

I'm not much in to predictions, but, given the improvement we've seen in Rae Burrell from last year to this, in my opinion, it's fair to say that she will continue on the upward trajectory. If that, in fact, occurs, she could easily become the team's next Rennia Davis. While everyone is crowing about Rennia's 24 second half points, Rae quietly added 19 points of her own. The next step in her development will be to become more efficient in her scoring. If Jordan Horston continues the improvement we've seen this year and shows 75% of the improvement Rae Burrell exhibited from sophomore to her junior season, she could easily become the team's next Rae Burrell. So, I think that, while there will certainly be an adjustment to the loss of Rennia Davis, I don't think that her loss/departure will be an insurmountable obstacle for this team and staff.

It's all about player development and I think it's pretty clear that this staff has shown that they are capable in that regard!

Jim

^^^^ Why it's not a good idea to post in-game. I have always resisted the urge to do it. It's easy to get emotional and forget that it's a 40 minute competition.
I don’t disagree with you but I stick with my statement at the time I made it. If they had been prepared and played like it in the first half they would have cruised to a 20 point win in tonight’s game and they would have beaten UConn earlier in the year instead of chocking. You can’t choose when to “play” and be what you are capable of being. Builds bad habits.

I don’t disagree with you but I stick with my statement at the time I made it. If they had been prepared and played like it in the first half they would have cruised to a 20 point win in tonight’s game and they would have beaten UConn earlier in the year instead of chocking. You can’t choose when to “play” and be what you are capable of being. Builds bad habits.

That’s cool and like Kellie said being stuck in texas because of the storm til 9pm tuesday night from sunday with out power,heat, etc they weren’t in their normal prepared routine.

Again if you stuck around you would have found that out.

What really made this a great game was the way UT came back in the 2nd half. All teams are going to have a bad quarter sometimes but good teams will find a way to get back in the game. Davis is the team leader and am glad how she responded on the offensive side in the 2nd half. Obviously the whole.team played well the 2nd half.
Great game for the Ladys.

Great game by the Lady Vols. From the South Carolina side, and this is no slight on the positives for Tennessee, but this Gamecock team is not nearly as good as last years. They truly miss Harris and Mikiah Herbert Harrigan. Henderson and Cooke just don't seem capable of carrying this team to victory in close games. Tennessee did a wonderful job closing them out once the grabbed the lead. They hit some really clutch shots while the South Carolina guards just flailed around, taking tough shots and trying to make tough passes. A lot of that had to do with Tennessee's defense, which was outstanding in this game. Dawn complained that they could get the ball to Boston in the high post, but not in the low post. That is why the box score for a player doesn't always show how they played. In spite of some weird calls by the refs, Key and a guard or forward dropping back, was able to make the entry pass to Boston impossible.

I'm so impressed with Tennessee in this game, but on the other hand, I was so unimpressed with South Carolina.

Damn, this NCAA tournament is going to be wide open. Hey, maybe RU can make a deep run??

What we saw last night has been building for at least a month. All the adversity this team has had to overcome would have caused them to cave in the past. Last night, they again faced adversity only to fight through with grit and determination. This team is tougher than some people give them credit for.

Thank you for sharing the video! So damn wonderful to see. It's been SO long in the wilderness for LV players. I often think of the dozens of past LVs whose careers got wasted and they so rarely if ever got to experience this.

Also LOVE the pics of KK hoisting her coach who has stuck with her and believed in her when no one else in the known universe did. I can't get enough of the KK and KJH love. One of the announcers the other night said KJH had teared up in pregame interview when talking about how hard KK has worked.

THIS is the foundation of the new LV program. Not just the stars, but making the most of role players. And in a sentence I never would have anticipating typing this season, KK has been a magnificent role player and a real inspiration.

VN Store

Back