Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols vs. (2/3) South Carolina

OMGGGGGG, you guys, I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight and all I did was follow this thread and I just made it to the end finally! 😂 Imagine reading this thread from start to finish and the rollercoaster of emotions I’ve been through! 😂😂😂 GREAT WIN!

was it a great ride?!? i can’t imagine haha like oh no, come on, here we go again , oh wait now they wake up, ok LVs, maybe just maybe, they are gonna do this, holy crap they did it!!

I've been hard on Walker so I'll say upfront - well done young lady, You weren't flawless but you competed hard and imo inspired your teammates with your grit.

Horton otoh - I've never been hard on her. I'm a fan - she's always played hard on D and rebounded well even when her shot wasn't there. And her shot still isn't where she wants it - but 11 pts 5 asst 5 reb ZERO TOs - c'mon. She's my co-player of the game.

I think she needs to see the floor first like Rae did the beginning of last year under Kellie! Being able to see whats going on and then come in to play I think helps her and us a lot!
I know she is certainly no Holdsclaw, Catchings or Parker, but Burrell has become one of my all time favorite Lady Vols.
GBO!!

Congrats to Kellie on earning her signature win! It was fun watching her expose overrated Staley and her street-ballers.

Great team win, but still scary to think what happens next year after Davis leaves...
Let's see what happens between now and then. Transfer portal may get us someone and if it don't your right it won't be easy to win against the top teams in this league.

Big props to the team coming back like they did. Walker pushing the tempo, Salary had a sweet bucket underneath, Horston played one of her better games, Rae kept us in the game in the 1st half, KK showed toughness, Key showed up late and made some great defensive plays, and Davis has such a high ceiling and love when she plays with emotion. 24 2nd half points almost out scoring SC by herself!! Great win!! Time to pay back UGA Sunday.

Congrats to Kellie on earning her signature win! It was fun watching her expose overrated Staley and her street-ballers.

Great team win, but still scary to think what happens next year after Davis leaves...

@stlvolsfan there ya go... 😂 still a half compliment can’t just say congrats to the team or Kellie

Kellie wasn’t going to be able to overcome “losing” zaay green and jaz massengill😂 i’m sure she won’t be able to adjust 😩

another poster who knew better say something before the wave came for them😂

No matter what Oil Slick Andy says or didn't say, this was a great win by Tennessee. I had a good feeling about this game for Tennessee. They have the size to match up with Boston and Saxton and eve though Boston had a double double, she had to work extremely hard to get it. Key was terrific in spite of not scoring as she had been. Even I will agree that there were a couple of bad calls in this one.

Davis showed she is an AA and can carry this team, and Burrell continued her really good season. She will carry the mantle of success for Davis after she graduates. Horston played a solid game. She continues to take care of the ball and that is so huge for this team.

Overall, a terrific win and a great win for seeding purposes. If they can continue to win, they certainly get get to and hold on to a 3 seed. I'm sure that all of the Tennessee fans would have signed on for that when the season started.

Very impressive win for Coach Harper. She really needed this signature win and got it.

I'm just going to enjoy this year's ride right now. I'll fight with ya about next year when we get there. Lot of ground to cover between now and then and you never know who steps in and who will step up.

I don't think the refs give a rat's patoot who wins these games. I just think they're sometimes shockingly incompetent. That last call on Key and several of the ones on KK were just awful calls.

I guess they review film and try to get better. Hard to tell.

I wish you were right, but conference refs, not just SEC, know how critical it is for a league to get highest seeds. Too much at stake, including the unwritten on an individual ref's review.

Tennessee can lose to UGA on Sunday on the road, and I'll still think Kellie has done a great job. Beating SC after that miserable travel nightmare is one of the most impressive results of this season by any team.

My criticism of her last year was that she beat teams that they were way better than, but were getting blown away by teams with equal/greater talent. She's completely turned that around, and there hasn't been a game this season that Tennessee wasn't in a position to win. And that's with losing Massengill and having some question marks as to who would step up this season. This season has been a success all across the board.
I know, I was just kidding you. Pretty hard not to see the leaps and bounds forward KJH has made this year. You made a great observation a long time ago - KJH would have to pull a Vic Shaffer by getting more out of less and pulling pieces into place to make the sum greater than the parts. And that's exactly what she's done. Also shown an ability to grow and develop players. I may cry.

Props for making an entire idiot of me.
You actually did a pretty good job of that all by yourself.

No matter what Oil Slick Andy says or didn't say, this was a great win by Tennessee. I had a good feeling about this game for Tennessee. They have the size to match up with Boston and Saxton and eve though Boston had a double double, she had to work extremely hard to get it. Key was terrific in spite of not scoring as she had been. Even I will agree that there were a couple of bad calls in this one.

Davis showed she is an AA and can carry this team, and Burrell continued her really good season. She will carry the mantle of success for Davis after she graduates. Horston played a solid game. She continues to take care of the ball and that is so huge for this team.

Overall, a terrific win and a great win for seeding purposes. If they can continue to win, they certainly get get to and hold on to a 3 seed. I'm sure that all of the Tennessee fans would have signed on for that when the season started.

Very impressive win for Coach Harper. She really needed this signature win and got it.
Landers knows that was a big win, he’s just not big enough to admit it. Everyone knows it was a big win. I guarantee the Lady Vols just put the rest of the SEC on notice tonight!
GBO!!

VN Store

Back