Man boobies-Why are so many coaches out of shape?

Only takes 20-30 minutes a day to work out

And if you’re overweight just cut back your food intake a little at a time. It’s that simple
Until you are working 12-14 hour days. I gain and lose weight depending on my job situation. Not everyone has an 8 hour a day job or normal work schedule.

Reactions: LSG410EC83
If you’re a recruit, does it matter to you what the guy coaching you looks like physically?Say you’ve narrowed it down to 2 schools, both coaches have matching records/same credentials,one has a big ol set of man boobs... do the boobs sway you the opposite direction? GBO
I go with the guy with the biggest set of tits.

Only takes 20-30 minutes a day to work out

And if you’re overweight just cut back your food intake a little at a time. It’s that simple
My FitnessPal App-Free version. All you need and it becomes a little addicting to manage your daily calories. Better addiction than food,alcohol or drugs.

Reactions: kcvols1
Conversely, might a player feel more comfortable with a fat coach?

Seems like men feel less threatened by overweight men, and are thus, more likely to get along with them. This might be more of a peer thing, though, as a 17 year old kid likely does not see a 45 year old coach as a "competitor" to him. And I'm not even 100% sure if this is true; just seems like most of the fatter men I know have more friends than average. More difficulty finding a date, but way more friends.

Baldness and now man boobies. Cannot wait to see where Volnation goes next in their physical assessments for coaches. This is really weird.

Reactions: Border Vol
Until you are working 12-14 hour days. I gain and lose weight depending on my job situation. Not everyone has an 8 hour a day job or normal work schedule.

You can workout 20 min no matter how many hours your day is. I was in the military for 25 years and the last 15+ years as a SNCO and Officer I routinely worked 12+ hours a day.

Ever seen female pharmaceutical reps......

Football players aren't the only ones making decisions based on this criteria

Reactions: kcvols1
Saban aint fat. Ryan Day? nope. Urban Meyer? Nope. Barnes? Coach K? Plenty of in shape coaches and it's no wonder they are so successful. This was a reason I was against Chaney. I knew him his first time here. He was big and sloppy, but nothing like his next time around. A guy that lacks that much control can't be doing things right.

Well, fat Foolmer coached a team that won the NC...

Saban aint fat. Ryan Day? nope. Urban Meyer? Nope. Barnes? Coach K? Plenty of in shape coaches and it's no wonder they are so successful. This was a reason I was against Chaney. I knew him his first time here. He was big and sloppy, but nothing like his next time around. A guy that lacks that much control can't be doing things right.

Do not mistake "not fat" with "in shape". Some people can eat like crap and not exercise and never gain weight. Just genetics. Most college football coaches, especially one's at the top of the game don't have any spare time. They don't spend time with their family let alone exercising.

I'd say if you see a skinny coach then he's probably been that way his whole life just because.

You mentioned Barnes and Coach K, well those guys were basketball players and genetically pre-disposed to have a certain body type. You don't see many basketball coaches who are fat. It's not because they all love hitting the gym. Its most likely because they were all genetically built to be basketball players and played the game at some point in their lives.

And Ryan Day has man boobs.... and he's just 41 years old.

1613676097617.png

Meh, Bear Bryant drank himself into a stupor regularly while beating the crap out of most teams.

Coaches are humans. We excel at some things and fail at others. Check your mirror.

If a coach has a winning record, the boobs probably don't matter.

There is another side to that though. If you're going to insist your players be in shape, eat healthy...stay in the weight room, you had better practice what you preach. JMO, it comes with being a good role model for your players.

VN Store

Back