Kellie Fight!

In slow motion it might not look like a foul but in regular motion from the ref's angle it does.

Reaching in just gives the refs a chance to make a foul call, correct or not.

Reactions: volfan__18
In slow motion it might not look like a foul but in regular motion from the ref's angle it does.

Reaching in just gives the refs a chance to make a foul call, correct or not.

Most of the calls on us are "body" calls. That's like holding in football, it happens on every play. Good officials don't call that when the offense initiates the body contact. Bad officials call it every time on the bigger player.

Most of the calls on us are "body" calls. That's like holding in football, it happens on every play. Good officials don't call that when the offense initiates the body contact. Bad officials call it every time on the bigger player.
1st quarter

Foul on Burrell - reach around the ball handler - good call
Foul on Suarez - reached in as the play was going up for a basket - good call
Foul on Suarez - kneed a player as she tried to dribble around her - good call

3 fouls on Tennessee
2 fouls on Texas A&M

2nd quarter

Foul on KK - Bodied up a post player on her move to the basket - questionable call.

1 foul on Tennessee
1 foul on Texas A&M

So, that was if for the first half. Only four total calls on Tennessee.

3rd quarter

Foul on KK - She basically ran over the smaller defender in the post - good call
Foul on Davis - Had to watch in slow motion. bad camera angle. but it was a reach in foul. questionable.
Foul on KK - She bodied the player driving to the basket. Good call.
Foul on Davis - She slapped that the ball on a jump shooter and hit her arm. Good call.
Foul on Key - She bodied the player driving to the basket. Good call.
Foul on Horston - She stuck her hand in as a player tried to drive to the basket on a fast break - good call

6 fouls Tennessee
4 fouls Texas A&M

4th quarter

Foul on Horston - She hit a player shooting a 3 point shot - good call
Foul on Key - Bodied the player driving to the basket - questionable call
Foul on Walker - Reached in on a player driving to the basket - good call
Foul on Davis - Pulls player down on a rebound battle. Davis questioned it but replay showed a foul - good call
Foul on Suarez - Body foul on a player driving to the basket. Suarez let her feet - good call
Foul on Key - Reached over a player shooting a layup - good call.
Foul on Burrell - hit the three point shooter with slight contact - tough but good call
Foul on Davis - lost ball and then knocked over defender - good call
Foul on Salary - fouled on purpose - good call
Foul on Horston - fouled on purpose - good call
Foul on Suarez - fouled on purpose - good call

11 fouls Tennessee - 3 were on purpose
4 fouls Texas A&M

Tennessee did a lot of reaching in and then not moving their feel. I know it's annoying when you don't agree with a call in the heat of the game, but there is no way fouls cost Tennessee this game. At least in my opinion.

181653_1.jpg

Feel Better,Nut?

1st quarter

3 fouls on Tennessee
2 fouls on Texas A&M

2nd quarter

Foul on KK - Bodied up a post player on her move to the basket - questionable call.

1 foul on Tennessee
1 foul on Texas A&M

3rd quarter

Foul on KK - She basically ran over the smaller defender in the post - good call
Foul on Davis - Had to watch in slow motion. bad camera angle. but it was a reach in foul. questionable.
Foul on Davis - She slapped that the ball on a jump shooter and hit her arm. Good call.
Foul on Horston - She stuck her hand in as a player tried to drive to the basket on a fast break - good call

6 fouls Tennessee
4 fouls Texas A&M

4th quarter

Foul on Davis - Pulls player down on a rebound battle. Davis questioned it but replay showed a foul - good call
Foul on Suarez - Body foul on a player driving to the basket. Suarez let her feet - good call
Foul on Burrell - hit the three point shooter with slight contact - tough but good call

4 fouls Texas A&M

Tennessee did a lot of reaching in and then not moving their feel. I know it's annoying when you don't agree with a call in the heat of the game, but there is no way fouls cost Tennessee this game. At least in my opinion.
However,the same reach ins and body ups aren't called the other way ...

1st quarter

3 fouls on Tennessee
2 fouls on Texas A&M

2nd quarter

1 foul on Tennessee
1 foul on Texas A&M

3rd quarter

6 fouls Tennessee
4 fouls Texas A&M

4th quarter

4 fouls Texas A&M

You undoubtedly have never played much basketball. It is a physical game when you get into the paint area. TAM was playing as physical as our players but as you saw a lot more fouls called on our girls. Those same reach in fouls you are talking about were not getting called on TAM.

especially when officials are lazy and will not get into position to make a proper call. In CHRIST Alone.
I hope you find this funny Ravol but sometimes you don’t use a period before saying in Christ alone and if I’m quickly reading I get Christ in all sorts of basketball situations;)

1st quarter

3 fouls on Tennessee
2 fouls on Texas A&M

2nd quarter

1 foul on Tennessee
1 foul on Texas A&M

3rd quarter

6 fouls Tennessee
4 fouls Texas A&M

4th quarter

4 fouls Texas A&M

increase in fouls in the fourth quarter indicates conditioning issues. as players tire they tend to take defensive shortcuts, don't work to stay in good position and foul more.

Reactions: LasVegasBill23
You undoubtedly have never played much basketball. It is a physical game when you get into the paint area. TAM was playing as physical as our players but as you saw a lot more fouls called on our girls. Those same reach in fouls you are talking about were not getting called on TAM.
Like I said, that is not what I saw.

I've played plenty of basketball. More of a finesse player.

Reach in fouls and not moving your feet on blocks are not due to physical play.

Best coach I ever had told us that in 30 years of coaching that he had never lost a game due to poor officiating. There was always something WE could have done better to win. He was always respectful of the refs; he always talked to them before and after the game. Seemed like he only questioned calls a handful of times each season. But when he spoke up, they listened. IMO we always got more 50/50 calls than our opponents with the mouthbreathing coaches.

We the players couldn't say bupkis to the refs, had to treat them like our preacher. It still feels wrong to criticize basketball refs. I can't say this feeling carried over to baseball or football refs.

VN Store

Back