Jay Graham buys into Bammer

Sounds like we played that right then because we all know he probably wasn’t going to be retained. Graham should of waited then until it was confirmed he would not continue as coach. Bad move on his part if that is the case.
So we didn’t fire him?

Graham was one of my favorite players growing up so I’m just going to lie to myself and pretend this didn’t happen. Problem solved

Some things you can never unsay....... this is one of them. Never again, do I wish he wears orange. Jay Graham is dead to me.
Jay has every right to voice an opinion about the program. He played here. Did you? IDK. Have I ? No, but if anyone has earned the right to say something about a program in either a positive or negative light it SHOULD BE A FORMER PLAYER WHO HAS GIVEN HIS ALL FOR TENNESSEE!!

We tend to have blinders on about how toxic the UT brand is at this juncture. Graham had a front row seat to a real mess. Easy to see a different perspective. As for me, I'm not sure I got it in me for another "rebuild". We've been a young team for a decade and we just got younger with players bailing out. I wish Heupel the best, but he's got an uphill climb. Tennessee's culture is NOT what it was in the '80s and '90s. We all miss that. Nothing surprises me anymore. I don't think Graham has lost his VFL spirit. It's just that now, it's a different animal than what it was when he was there. Hate to sound so pessimistic, but BVS (Battered Vol Syndrome) is real, not only for fans, but former players.

Jay has every right to voice an opinion about the program. He played here. Did you? IDK. Have I ? No, but if anyone has earned the right to say something about a program in either a positive or negative light it SHOULD BE A FORMER PLAYER WHO HAS GIVEN HIS ALL FOR TENNESSEE!!
How about someone that's paid his own way thru UT? Helped two kids go there as well. I feel like I should be able to comment on the football program just as much as someone who got a 'free ride'.

Some of y’all are amazing... if you were a coach and just got fired or released .... and Bama offered you a job... you’d take it. If you wouldn’t... then you’re as dumb as some of you are acting over this
But you don’t burn bridges to your alma mater that should mean something. Nobody is suggesting he should recruit players against UT or try his hardest to win against us. Just do it with an ounce of class.
I am certain Graham had a position on this staff if he wanted it. The RB coach didn’t come from UCF nor do we have a ST coach yet.

How many critical fumbles did Jay Graham have in his UT career? Be careful throwing stones.

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal? At all.

No, you aren't. Still trying to figure out what he said that offended so many. I don't get it. He is a coach. If whoever at Bama is looking forward to working with him, is he suppose to reply how sad he is to be leaving here just to stroke our fragile egos? Get a life.

But you don’t burn bridges to your alma mater that should mean something. Nobody is suggesting he should recruit players against UT or try his hardest to win against us. Just do it with an ounce of class.
I am certain Graham had a position on this staff if he wanted it. The RB coach didn’t come from UCF nor do we have a ST coach yet.

OK, you really need to qualify that. After everything that was rumored to be going on over the past few months, I can hear White telling Heupel, "Don't retain anybody." Hell, I could see him reassigning everyone working in the athletic dept, and ATC. Including janitors, secretaries, maintenance people, and groundskeepers just to put an end to leaks. Only one that might have been retained would have been Steele, because he wasn't here for the McDonalds bags.

We tend to have blinders on about how toxic the UT brand is at this juncture. Graham had a front row seat to a real mess. Easy to see a different perspective. As for me, I'm not sure I got it in me for another "rebuild". We've been a young team for a decade and we just got younger with players bailing out. I wish Heupel the best, but he's got an uphill climb. Tennessee's culture is NOT what it was in the '80s and '90s. We all miss that. Nothing surprises me anymore. I don't think Graham has lost his VFL spirit. It's just that now, it's a different animal than what it was when he was there. Hate to sound so pessimistic, but BVS (Battered Vol Syndrome) is real, not only for fans, but former players.

I will say this, PT. If Heupel is the right guy? He will, or those he and AD White bring in will be able to reset the culture. Won't be easy, but it will be done. As to BVS? Yeah, I agree. But as a former Vol who makes a living at coaching? I expect him to turn the page and embrace the next challenge. Not to be publicly mourning a departure from his alma mater.

You can go to an opponent and get paid and not be a jerk about it. I will say one good thing about Pruitt, I never heard him throw shade at his former team. You just don’t don’t do that as gentleman and as a Professional

OK, maybe I am missing something. What from that tweet was "throwing shade?" Maybe I need a tweet interpreter.

Edit: OK, the number of days past since the Vols beat Bama. Oh well. I take it as a challenge to the twerps who have dragged this program through the mud via their mismanagement to stop screwing it up. What else was he suppose to say?

Last edited:
If he wanted to stay, he would have had the opportunity. Heupel didn’t have an RB coach that he was bringing. But he elected to take the Alabama job before speaking to Heupel.

I usually agree with everything you say, DeerPark. But after the way everything went down over the past few months? I am not so sure he was going to be given this opportunity. Nor was any other coach on Pruitt's staff. This whole deal of throwing themselves on the proverbial sword meant firing the coaches they had proof of being involved, and if the NCAA decided to get nosy and dig deeper, the others who were here might get implicated as well. Being somewhere else- ANYWHERE else might be in his best interest.

Guess I'm just a bit more thick skinned then some of y'all. Oh well, go vols!
*Than

It's football dude. We're football fans, this is what we do. If we can't hate on Alabama on a message board THEN we might as well completely give up and cancel football.

Good grief, and y'all calling someone else Nancy. Lol.

Clearly, Mr. Thick Skin. A players dad got you riled up LMAO

Monday at 5:39 PM
[IMG]https://www.volnation.com/forum/data/avatars/m/80/80457.jpg?1601394926[/IMG]

[U]Rylee_Vol18[/U]
It's Deja Vu All Over Again

JoinedSep 10, 2020Messages509Likes942

After Henry's dad ran his big fat mouth, I don't want him here.
half-baked.gif

VN Store

Back