Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the consequences are close to 40% of the population of Texas freezing in their homes how do you measure costs? And now they want to pass those costs of fixing the issue to get us power back on, to said population with price gouging. There were a lot of shortsighted decisions made by a lot of people that caused this. But trying to find who to blame right now is all anyone wants to do when that should probably wait till the current issue is resolved.
I have sympathy for the people in Texas right now, but it's hard for me to say ALL of the responsibility lies with the state. Individuals evidently didn't prepare for the unlikely scenario either. I understand that it's possible my electricity will go out, or my HVAC unit will stop working, so I prepare for that. Granted living in Tennessee makes me more aware of those possibilities vs living in Tx.

Reactions: screenthis
The natural gas that provides like 40% of all their power literally froze in the pipes because the pipes arent insulated. One or more of their handful of nuclear reactors had to be switched off because the safety monitors froze and had no cold weather back ups. Countries like Sweden and Finland use wind power in artic conditions because their windmills have self contained de-icing units, Texas' did not. Texas didnt spend the money on any of that stuff just hoping it would never get cold and they could save some money. They lost that bet.

we all will end up paying for that lost bet since 20% or more of oil refineries are currently out of commision and also a very large portion of natural gas originates there....estimates are that it will take at least a couple of weeks to restart those facilities

Okay, two things:

1) Thank you to all the regulars in this Thread/Forum who have allowed, yea even welcomed me, to this side of VolNation. It is different here (like in the Gruden threads of yesteryear), and not everyone is welcome. You all have made me feel welcome.

2) More importantly, I was thinking last night as I was nodding off to sleep, and wanted to make it a point to come here and ask today ... who are the top five greatest wrestlers who never won a World Championship? I'm not talking about world tv title, or world tag titles or even world jr type titles ... I'm talking the main belt for a major company.

Here's four ... I'll let you guys add one more. :cool:

Not in any particular order ... I'll hang up and listen.

giphy.gif

LvBnrMBvpt8iyjk7xGlZhEtPiHiUtBCQly9zr2mjg80K7Y3O4A50J2RUAKBBTs6eYRmI0cfhToW6fl5_X1Pk2XxVh2S7X_TzBmMlwH91MB8VD-3QGMYiUxA

e2aet6yudb801.gif

orndorffturn.gif
Chief Wahoo McDaniels. Paul Jones. BlackJack Mulligan off the top of my head.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I have sympathy for the people in Texas right now, but it's hard for me to say ALL of the responsibility lies with the state. Individuals evidently didn't prepare for the unlikely scenario either. I understand that it's possible my electricity will go out, or my HVAC unit will stop working, so I prepare for that. Granted living in Tennessee makes me more aware of those possibilities vs living in Tx.
Yes, we expect the electricity to go out with every storm with tree limbs falling on power lines. Easy to say someone else should make sure we are okay. Would be really nice if we could gradually start moving away from lines on poles though.

Never said it was all on the state. There will be plenty of blame to go around. It's not important figure that out until they figure out how to fix it. But Texas is i believe the only state that chose not to be on any national power grid, so they will inevitably have the responsibility to ensure things like this are avoided.

Yeah, Steamboat beat Flair at Chi-Town Rumble 89 in Chicago.
Mr Perfect, before his run in WWF, won the AWA World Title, which was one of the (if you will) big three companies back then .. a legit world title.

Malenko ... interesting name. I hadn't thought of him. Really, really good wrestler.
Piper was the perfect heel.
The two Flair Steamboat matches are in top 10 all time. Flair Harely Race in early 80s is still the gold standard. Dudes went an hour in all of those.

Yes, we expect the electricity to go out with every storm with tree limbs falling on power lines. Easy to say someone else should make sure we are okay. Would be really nice if we could gradually start moving away from lines on poles though.
Yeah if it was just predicting tree limbs causing downed lines that would be one thing. But not designing that source of the power properly is a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back