Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to an extend, but i would not be happy with a year 3 6-6. But i understand why we could end up there.

year 3 we play Oklahoma instead of Pitt and mizzu, South Carolina and “ole miss” will be much further along than they are now with their new coaches. That with the hits our recruiting is going to take with sanctions tells me we better not expect wins to go up or we unfairly will judge JH

Broke my leg once playing backyard football. Knew it was broken, but let everyone convince me I was wrong. Tried to stand up to join back in and immediately fell down. No one wanted to believe it was broken until the x-rays proved otherwise, lol.

Could have been worse. My best friend broke his arm after being tackled by a girl. :)
You know you were a child of the 70s/80s if you all drank out of a water hose at whatever house you were at. E coli was not a thing back then I think!

So what QB in the room has the best mental capacity to process information quickly?

Imma go with Hooker
i don't think we know. i think HB is perfectly capable of it. dude has been training to be that guy since he was 13. he's groomed for this. Hooker has the P5 experience, so that should translate. and we just don't know about Salter.

Maurer...well, we know in Chaney's system he was not a great fit....i do think this system works much better for his natural ability, but no clue on where he is as a reader of defense/diagnostician....

a lot really depends on just how simple they make the reads at the line. which im guessing, they will be relatively speaking....

Only 7% of Texas' power comes from wind turbines. Natural gas/coal plants are more to blame because of zero cold weather prep for natural gas supply lines, so they're freezing up. Texas wants to have their own power grid so they can avoid federal regulations. This is one result of that. Facts be damned when you can make a meme though.
And yet they really are using helicopters to de-ice wind turbines, so the fact is that it's ironic. Your "facts" have literally nothing to do with that meme.

Edit, and by the way, wind/solar accounts for about 40% of the offline power production in Texas right now (18k of 46k production that is offline). I know those facts don't support your narrative, but since you're being hyper critical and literal about a meme, you should apply the same hyper criticism to your own statements.

Last edited:
The natural gas that provides like 40% of all their power literally froze in the pipes because the pipes arent insulated. One or more of their handful of nuclear reactors had to be switched off because the safety monitors froze and had no cold weather back ups. Countries like Sweden and Finland use wind power in artic conditions because their windmills have self contained de-icing units, Texas' did not. Texas didnt spend the money on any of that stuff just hoping it would never get cold and they could save some money. They lost that bet.
This.

Bailey better hope it is him.

He is the highest rated QB in the group, and the only one with no mobility to speak of.
It is Bailey lol, SpringBok over there talking out his arse.

There’s a reason Hooker had to transfer and it’s because he wasn’t good enough to start where he was.

It's not hard to plan for it. It's been known it could happen. They just didn't want to invest in protecting against it. Business decisions with real human consequences.
I get it. But people would be pretty upset if we invested in protecting against every disaster that has real human consequences. I'm not in TX and I don't plan on moving their so I don't really have an opinion on the issue. I do think it would be interesting to see the cost benifit analysis now that it's obvious they didn't make a good decision.

Not if he shows steady improvement. The worst thing he can do is go 9-3 this year, because then we'll be calling for his head when he goes 7-5 in year 4.
You serious, Clark? Tennessee hasn't gone 9-3 or better since 2007. If he has the best record here in year 1 than we've had in 14 years, I don't and would hope Danny White wouldn't care what fans think. That man has earned himself a long stay. Only way we get rid of him in the next 5-6 years is if we have another 3-4 win season. IMO

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Jordan still took a fair amount of 3's over his career, just wasn't his strong suit.

I’m comparing his attempts to todays average attempts..the game has changed dramatically.I never said he didn’t take any 3’s just that the majority of his points were within 20 feet in a big mans league.

Reactions: jp1
So now instead of taking a 15 second break, they cart the faking players off the field and they get a 2 minute break?

I don't think that's the answer.

I don't know what the answer is. Cramps are real. Stingers that take you out of the game for two plays and then you are fine are real.

The NBA can't even solve flopping, which is 10x easier to spot than faking injuries.
The answer is to REALLY punish the obvious fakes. Like personal foul or technical foul in basketball. Yes some of the better fakers will still do it, but most will think twice if you really come down hard on it when you're 100% sure it was fake.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
year 3 we play Oklahoma instead of Pitt and mizzu, South Carolina and “ole miss” will be much further along than they are now with their new coaches. That with the hits our recruiting is going to take with sanctions tells me we better not expect wins to go up or we unfairly will judge JH
i think you measure your expectations as time goes on....all kinds of things will affect a single season's expectations....

no reason to set a bar now for 2024. no clue what that will look like, for any program.

i think we all know, and accept on some level, that UF, UGA and Bama are way out in front of us right now....and it would be surprising to most to see us catch up to that level of play in 3 years.

it's not unreasonable to believe it's possible to be an 8 win program by year 3/4, until or unless something dictates otherwise....

all i care about right now is can we win more than we lose? if the answer is yes, then let's go and see how far that gets us down the road. if the answer is no, well, then we are simply where we've been for the majority of the last 12 years, and we'll have to wait and see if this staff can get the point where they can put a product on the field capable of doing that.....

Fans view improvement in a straight line for wins YoY. Even if he goes 4-8, pulls out a 7-5 year, and then regresses to 6-6 we will have a large portion of our fanbase calling for Heupels head after year 3. Regardless of how anything other factors in the program.
Maybe there will be enough of us now to tell them to shut up and remember the last two searches...or the last 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back