Jay Graham buys into Bammer

Is this one of those things where you can talk bad about your siblings but nobody else can? We all know how long it’s been. I’ve seen it mentioned in multiple threads here. Truth is truth. I’m not offended at all. Hopefully it’ll make the bulletin board in our locker room as long as he’s coaching there, but I think that’s about all the attention this deserves.

Reactions: knoxvol16 and Carp
You consider what he said running your mouth? Did he say F*** Tennessee like Cade? Lol ok, wise guy. Get over yourself.
Cade was a 19 year old kid. Still doesn’t excuse that crap, but more understandable. All I’m saying is that it’s clearly a low class move, don’t act like a guy who played and coaches here should be held to the same standards as fans on a message board.

Reactions: Doberman
Nope. Him throwing shade at our program is no different than when we do it. I didn't take his Tweet as a form of mockery. I took it as a form of frustration.

I look at as him doing his job and promoting his current program. Is he supposed to take it easy on TN because he's a former player/coach? He wouldn't be a very good coach if he did.

I look at as him doing his job and promoting his current program. Is he supposed to take it easy on TN because he's a former player/coach? He wouldn't be a very good coach if he did.
I haven’t seen him “do his job” against other SEC programs...at all much less so vociferously. Not sure how this PROMOTES Bama...defending champions too boring?

I haven’t seen him “do his job” against other SEC programs...at all much less so vociferously. Not sure how this PROMOTES Bama...defending champions too boring?

He followed up on a reply from his initial tweet. The initial tweet was pretty much aimed at the entire SEC.

Vociferously??? Really??? He agreed with another post about how long it's been since we beat Bama. Not exactly putting the Vols on blast here. At best, it's a little lite ribbing.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Are you amused by our follies? Seems Graham is, and why he's taking heat in this thread.

I'm not amused and yeah, he probably shouldn't have said that. For the better part of two decades, the university administration hasn't prioritized winning. That has caused us to lose ground on the field as well as losing ground in the classroom. Like most of us on here, Graham is probably sick of that.

He followed up on a reply from his initial tweet. The initial tweet was pretty much aimed at the entire SEC.

Vociferously??? Really??? He agreed with another post about how long it's been since we beat Bama. Not exactly putting the Vols on blast here. At best, it's a little lite ribbing.
He’ll be all right...got his apologists all stoked. **** him!

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal? At all.
Nope. I don't even care. Not one iota.

Now, if he films himself smoking a cigar like he's accomplished something by beating TN as a Bama coach, then he and his "orange blood" can go lick a wall socket. I look at this like it's just a job for him. He's hired to do a good job at what he does, and that's how he should approach it. I have no problems with him until he starts rubbing it in more than that one, benign tweet.

Nope. I don't even care. Not one iota.

Now, if he films himself smoking a cigar like he's accomplished something by beating TN as a Bama coach, then he and his "orange blood" can go lick a wall socket. I look at this like it's just a job for him. He's hired to do a good job at what he does, and that's how he should approach it. I have no problems with him until he starts rubbing it in more than that one, benign tweet.
Exactly. Some of our fans are ridiculously soft lol.

Good grief, he took a job. Give the guy a break.

There is no expectation of loyalty to an alma mater anymore, especially one like UT that has made a dedication to mediocrity.
I don’t have a problem with him taking a job at UA. However, I would expect someone to show some class in dealing with their former employer. When I take a new job, I don’t go to Twitter to talk trash about my previous employer. I realize the real world isn’t the same as college sports, but that is something I would never do.

VN Store

Back