Cody Brown in transfer portal

Do not blame him one bit in this pass heavy offense
It really isn’t. You need to go watch some UCF film. They run the ball quite a bit more than you would expect.
This and it is a pathway or portal to what they do in the NFL. If he aspires to go to the nfl - he will need to run and catch passes out of the backfield.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
5’10” 175...sounds about right for SEC competition

Heupel wants elusive and quick backs for his system. If you had a super quick, elusive back that was 200 pounds, that type of back is going to commit to Bama (Kamara) or UGA (Swift).

Don’t blame him either, but RBs flourish in this offense, the run is a big factor in it.

I hate to say this because he is a bammer but satan did a good job at convincing RB's that they do need 1,000 carries. If Brown is a NFL guy then he will get the exposure he needs with CJH offense. Well, as long as CJH offense is remotely successful.

They do run the ball but their two leading backs last year were both in the 5 10, 175 lb range. That's a completely different type of back than Brown.

Yeah, thats just a product of the level of backs UCF can recruit. Backs that size can play wr as well. I believe our running back stable will excel. will have more size/power and will only have to make 1 guy miss to consistantly have 4-6yrd gains. Make the 2nd guy miss adn it's off to teh races.

They do run the ball but their two leading backs last year were both in the 5 10, 175 lb range. That's a completely different type of back than Brown.
I'm guessing RBs scale up in size along with OLinemen, TEs, etc., as you go from G5 to Power5. At least a bit. You know, QBs get taller, WRs get faster, and all the other dudes get more hefty.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Heupel wants elusive and quick backs for his system. If you had a super quick, elusive back that was 200 pounds, that type of back is going to commit to Bama (Kamara) or UGA (Swift).
1613573996226.png
1613574110723.png

Just saying. Tennessee gets the 200 pound quick and elusive backs, too. Maybe less now that we're not offering happy meals, but still. :)

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Passing up a huge opportunity to play early and often... oh well
Not a good fit for this offense. Might be a guy who'd make a good LB. Oh well, best of luck to him. Frees up roster space for transfers. Suspect we will need all the slots we can get for defensive help.

Reactions: LittleVol
The culture change is not going to happen overnight. I don’t want players here that would rather be somewhere else. This is the problem with changing coaches this frequently. Every team since 2009 except perhaps Butch’s last team is a blend of guys recruited and coached by two different staffs. The buy in hasn’t been there.

Did he enroll? If not, why is he in transfer portal. Why wouldn’t he just request an out for his LOI.

I know 247 shows him as "signed" but I believe he must have enrolled to be in the portal. The other 2 RBs are enrolled also (Evans and Wright)

edit: I'm wrong. @OrangeBeachVol clarified it above.

Last edited:
Not a good fit for this offense. Might be a guy who'd make a good LB. Oh well, best of luck to him. Frees up roster space for transfers. Suspect we will need all the slots we can get for defensive help.

He avg'd 200 yard/game in a spread offense in HS. What makes you believe he would not be a good fit for the offense? I don't understand this train of thought.

VN Store

Back