Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he needs to understand this completely. Not everything in life needs to be a tweet.
Exactly. He needs to just go full speed ahead with football. This might be a bad example, but he needs some Coach Cut to Erik Ainge kind of coaching. Ainge was night and day between 05 to 06. I think Maurer has a lot of tools to be a successful QB. He’s a very underrated athlete IMO.

I'm pretty sure about 40% of the population of Austin is just without power. Not even rolling blackouts. Just off. And some friends in Dallas told me it's about the same there.
My co-workers live outside of Houston and they said they will have a couple of hours with electricity and it will be off for 10-12 hours.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons in general. As a kid, Saturday mornings were something you looked forward to as all 3 major networks had cartoon line ups to fill their mornings.
annnd now, its junk. total junk. nothing worth a crap. GI Joe taught us important life lessons, like how to miss - every single shot.

So if Brown enters the portal, we don't get that spot back, do we? Is it too late to release him from his NLI? If he's dead set on leaving, give him his release and get that initial spot back. We can use it on a transfer or push it forward.

I enjoyed it when this thread was about football and the off topic conversations stayed in the off topic thread. I knew where to come for football discussion and visa versa. The recruiting forums used to be a little more disciplined and why a lot of us came here and stayed away from the FF. C’mon guys, we’re better than this.

Reactions: ugg and beachmaster
Land of the Lost! Finally something I can relate to. I brought up the sleestak in the conversation with my daughter the other day. She did not appreciate just how terrifying those thingies were.
giphy.gif

I agree but we have to sign one of the two In-state backs next year. Right now, Hayden is a OSU lean and James is leaning UGA. We have time to change and I'm hoping they don't commit until after our coaches have had a chance to show them the new system that we'll be implementing. If we can somehow get Ty on board, that would have to help with some of these high profile players within our border. That is why I believe his commitment means more than anything at this point. Plus, it would give us fans a little hope for the future now instead of another kick in the groin.
Go Vols!
So we're not recruiting any RBs from other states?

It’s performed via a quick diagnosis of pre-snap space and then executed via a power run game inside or a one-on-one vertical shot outside.

From that this is what has me excited with Hyatt and Wideman it could be interesting. Honestly, I am glad we went outside the norm on a coaching hire. I don't want the status quo, with the hire of a SEC coaching veteran any longer.

I enjoyed it when this thread was about football and the off topic conversations stayed in the off topic thread. I knew where to come for football discussion and visa versa. The recruiting forums used to be a little more disciplined and why a lot of us came here and stayed away from the FF. C’mon guys, we’re better than this.
Obviously, we're not better than this.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons in general. As a kid, Saturday mornings were something you looked forward to as all 3 major networks had cartoon line ups to fill their mornings.
Definitely. The Smurfs, He-Man, Scooby Doo, Care Bears, The Get Along Gang, Shirt Tales, Road Runner, Transformers, Inspector Gadget, Duck Tales, G.I. Joe, TMNT.

The ‘80s in general was awesome. My favorite decade.

So if Brown enters the portal, we don't get that spot back, do we? Is it too late to release him from his NLI? If he's dead set on leaving, give him his release and get that initial spot back. We can use it on a transfer or push it forward.

He’s not entering the portal he’s getting an NLi Release. I’m sure we will appeal to get that spot back

Reactions: volsfan_17
Definitely. The Smurfs, He-Man, Scooby Doo, Care Bears, The Get Along Gang, Shirt Tales, Road Runner, Transformers, Inspector Gadget, Duck Tales, G.I. Joe, TMNT.

The ‘80s in general was awesome. My favorite decade.
building and digging forts. Neighborhood War reenacements using said fort...shooting friends with Gotcha guns. Being shot by friends with Gotcha guns... bottle rocket wars...enormous games of hide and seek. Neighborhood football games... camping, fishing, canoeing. Sigh.

And best of all...swatch watches!

Yeah....

building and digging forts. Neighborhood War reenacements using said fort...shooting friends with Gotcha guns. Being shot by friends with Gotcha guns... bottle rocket wars...enormous games of hide and seek. Neighborhood football games... camping, fishing, canoeing. Sigh.

And best of all...swatch watches!

Yeah....
Now they just watch other kids do things on YouTube.

The Briles offense, once it got going, was essentially unstoppable in the Big 12, and performed well against OOC opponents in bowl games. Here are Baylor's PPG under Briles:

2008 - 28
2009 - 20.8
2010 - 31.1
2011 - 45.3
2012 - 44.5
2013 - 52.4
2014 - 48.2
2015 - 48.1

Not sure if the slow start and slight regression in year two was due to personnel limitations, or a learning curve for the system, but by year 3 it was showing some results and in year 4 it just exploded and never looked back. With more high schools running this kind of system that Briles essentially invented, hopefully the learning curve won't be a problem for our team. I can guarantee our talent at the skill positions and O-line will be better from the jump than what Briles had when he took over in 2008.

Exactly. He needs to just go full speed ahead with football. This might be a bad example, but he needs some Coach Cut to Erik Ainge kind of coaching. Ainge was night and day between 05 to 06. I think Maurer has a lot of tools to be a successful QB. He’s a very underrated athlete IMO.

He could be a really good QB with actual coaching and if he stopped being so reckless. I’m afraid he could be seriously hurt if he doesent learn to slide at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back