Cody Brown in transfer portal

If he's transferring, it sounds like we were unwilling to release him from his NLI... do we lose a scholly because of that?
Don’t lose a scholarship, but lose an initial counter. IOW, he won’t count against the 85, but will count against your yearly 25 counters for each class. You will lose the counter regardless if you release him or not but you can petition the NCAA to get that counter back if you do release him.

What the heck is up with these players Pruitt recruited? Bunch of quitters. Were they oblivious to the fact that Pruitt was really struggling? Doesn't sound like they committed to Tennessee for all of the right reasons. There's no guarantee the coaches who recruited you are going to be there for your entire college career. They dont know what commitment is! Later quitter, go ride the pine at georgia or wherever!

If he's transferring, it sounds like we were unwilling to release him from his NLI... do we lose a scholly because of that?
Don’t lose a scholarship, but lose an initial counter. IOW, he won’t count against the 85, but will count against your yearly 25 counters for each class. You will lose the counter regardless if you release him or not but you can petition the NCAA to get that counter back if you do release him.

This stuff is frustrating as it seems the portal hadn’t had an exit only sign for UT, but I am confident we will also have plenty of opportunities to improve our roster with the portal in the coming months.

The offense provides much better opportunities for RB than many believe. Both as a pass catching back and as a runner. I wish he'd wait and see because I think he will have a great chance to be really good in this offensive scheme.
Rushed for over 200 ypg each of his 3 years. Does a good job spreading everyone out creating lanes.

He probably got a McDonald's bag to come to be honest
I think we are probably a lot of us wondering it, though it is not fair to the lads. Gotta assume they are innocent unless proven otherwise, right?

I hate that Pruitt & Co put our program under a cloud where we end up wondering this way, though.

This stuff is frustrating as it seems the portal hadn’t had an exit only sign for UT, but I am confident we will also have plenty of opportunities to improve our roster with the portal in the coming months.
NCAA is going to have to change something. 21 scholarship players transferring, only have room for 4 transfers. Does anyone know how many seniors are returning? That would really benefit UT if they return.

I think we are probably a lot of us wondering it, though it is not fair to the lads. Gotta assume they are innocent unless proven otherwise, right?

I hate that Pruitt & Co put our program under a cloud where we end up wondering this way, though.
I hate more that someone ratted them out...or that he was so unbearable behind the scenes that someone ratted him out...and we decided to nuke our own program.

Do not blame him one bit in this pass heavy offense
It't not 50/50 balanced, but it's more balanced than most think. The vertical passing game keeps defenses from loading the box and opens up the run game. Gray would have been deadly in this style of offense with his ability to slash and catch balls out of the backfield.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Did he enroll? If not, why is he in transfer portal. Why wouldn’t he just request an out for his LOI.

It really isn’t. You need to go watch some UCF film. They run the ball quite a bit more than you would expect.

They do run the ball but their two leading backs last year were both in the 5 10, 175 lb range. That's a completely different type of back than Brown.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Per Saturdaydownsouth on Brown:

"After issuing this statement, Brown clarified that Tennessee has already released him from his National Letter of Intent."

Its just not clarified if he is limited to where he can sign, like not an SEC school. We will find out soon.

VN Store

Back