Huepel on Finebaum

I don't think that's remotely true, Huskie.

I'd put Chris Low, and others, ahead of Finebaum in the list of journalists of importance within the SEC. Among other reasons, most folks take Chris seriously.

It's sort of like this: if Chris Low is the Wall Street Journal, Paul Finebaum is the National Enquirer. If Chris Low is 60 Minutes, Paul Finebaum is the Jerry Springer Show. If Chris Low is the Economist, Paul Finebaum is Mad Magazine.

Something like that. There are other important names in SEC sports journalism, but Chris Low provides a useful counterpoint. No one really takes Finebaum seriously, except maybe his regular callers.
If Chris Low is WSJ, he gets 73 subscribers. If Paul Finebaum is the Enquirer, he gets 730,000.

Yes, but see, one of Chris Low's 73 subscribers is ESPN. And ESPN in turn has 73million to Finebaum's 73thousand. So Chris is actually reaching a much broader audience.
Ummm you might check who else ESPN subscribes to.

Heupel is becoming the new Kiffin on this site when it comes to misspelling his name.
Kiffin became Kiffen and Heupel is becoming Huepel.
Won’t be as easy to notice...at least we have GarDner.

Sounds Russian or Ukrainian, doesn't it? I'll look it up if you want :)

EDIT: Ooh, get this: Sheblak is a village in Kerman Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 39, in 11 families.

Population 39. Maybe it was population 40 before your boss moved to your town? Heh.

Very nice! I thought the name was Russian too!
I believe his way back heritage is down around Armenia/South Georgia (the country :) ) Although, his most recent village for the last few generations is outside of Houston, Texas :)

Anyway, I'm way off topic as usual!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Very nice! I thought the name was Russian too!
I believe his way back heritage is down around Armenia/South Georgia (the country :) ) Although, his most recent village for the last few generations is outside of Houston, Texas :)

Anyway, I'm way off topic as usual!
Well, Sheblak village is most of the length of Iran away from Georgia and Armenia, but it's still the same part of the world. So maybe his family is originally from down there, then moved up to the trans-Caucasus before heading to the US.

1613573399943.png

Yeah, we're pretty far off topic now, but still fun to figure out where people's names come from. Cheers! Go Vols!

Anyone replacing Finebaum would be an upgrade to that show.. The giy is a total hack and a disgrace as a UT alum. I hope that his future requests for interviews are greeted with deafening silence from Knoxville. Finebaum is no longer worth the time or effort.

Reactions: WxVol
If Heupel went on Finebaum with a chip on his shoulder, I would fete him til the Bowling Green game on that alone. It would not be hard to make Paul look graspy and irritating, and would play well in 13 of the 14 SEC audiences. He would just have to be cool, relax, get hip; and call his weak a$$ out, and put the SEC Network on notice.

About to say the same. It seems pretty clear that we are more worried about a staff and putting pieces in place.........Judging from the recruiting forum we also are spending time recruiting and handing out scholarships. Much rather be spending my time on this than talking to Paul and the residents of Alabama's finest trailer parks who are the only ones able to view the show at 3 pm in the afternoon.

WINNER!!

Why do any of you listen to that guy or care any anything he says? There are far better things to listen to in this day and age with apps, podcasts, replays. The guy is an idiot. I don't listen to him, but he pops up on ESPN or the SEC network, he's a moron. Parrotting everything he says, not an original thought unless it's some crazy take like Bayless.

Not sure why tennessee fans care about espn for that matter.

In general most Vol fans think the media hates us...but I don't find that to be true at all. If they hated us there's no way our men's basketball team gets ranked in the top 10 at any point. Or our football team ranked 15th in preseason polls. Imo we are always ranked higher than we deserve and the media jumps on any chance to hype us up..when we give them the slightest reason to do so.

Anyone replacing Finebaum would be an upgrade to that show.. The giy is a total hack and a disgrace as a UT alum. I hope that his future requests for interviews are greeted with deafening silence from Knoxville. Finebaum is no longer worth the time or effort.
You never see former players like Collingsworth not rep their school, Finebaum just has the "Ohhh! I am soooo ashamed, and I make that clear to bammer nation

VN Store

Back