Huepel on Finebaum

Per the SEC TV deal, schools and coaches cannot decline requests from programming on the SEC Network.

Heupel has not done any interviews since the day he was introduced. When he begins them again in the next week or so, Finebaum will be one of the ones he does.
What kind of moran gave Finebaum any power to subpoena a coach to his show??
There really should be a limit on what a school will do for TV money.
I heard that ol Mickey inherited Scrooge McDuck's trillions. Now every school wants to get a hand in his wallet.(this is the type of high level inside info that I bring to the forums. check my stats.)

Per the SEC TV deal, schools and coaches cannot decline requests from programming on the SEC Network.

Heupel has not done any interviews since the day he was introduced. When he begins them again in the next week or so, Finebaum will be one of the ones he does.
According to the posts, he technically hasn’t refused. Huepul just hasn’t return the dumba$$## calls.

Reactions: fla orange
What kind of moran gave Finebaum any power to subpoena a coach to his show??
There really should be a limit on what a school will do for TV money.
I heard that ol Mickey inherited Scrooge McDuck's trillions. Now every school wants to get a hand in his wallet.(this is the type of high level inside info that I bring to the forums. check my stats.)

Well, when the deal with ESPN was signed to do the network, Finebaum wasn't signed.

We can biotch about Finebum all we want but despite being a pencil neck geek he's the primary talk guy for the SEC, I'll never understand how he evolved into that position but there's no doubt he's the SEC talking head. Geez...

Reactions: fla orange
We can biotch about Finebum all we want but despite being a pencil neck geek he's the primary talk guy for the SEC, I'll never understand how he evolved into that position but there's no doubt he's the SEC talking head. Geez...
I like him.
As long as he is alive I cannot truthfully be called the ugliest man alive.

He did a few interviews his first week or so on different radio shows and the Vol Network

I like him.
As long as he is alive I cannot truthfully be called the ugliest man alive.

Hahaha!

Like him or not he's the #1 talking head for SEC football and #2 isn't even close. I see him dismissed often but he's pretty damn important. It's mind boggling how he got there but make no mistake, he's the man for all things SEC.

Hahaha!

Like him or not he's the #1 talking head for SEC football and #2 isn't even close. I see him dismissed often but he's pretty damn important. It's mind boggling how he got there but make no mistake, he's the man for all things SEC.
I don't think that's remotely true, Huskie.

I'd put Chris Low, and others, ahead of Finebaum in the list of journalists of importance within the SEC. Among other reasons, most folks take Chris seriously.

It's sort of like this: if Chris Low is the Wall Street Journal, Paul Finebaum is the National Enquirer. If Chris Low is 60 Minutes, Paul Finebaum is the Jerry Springer Show. If Chris Low is the Economist, Paul Finebaum is Mad Magazine.

Something like that. There are other important names in SEC sports journalism, but Chris Low provides a useful counterpoint. No one really takes Finebaum seriously, except maybe his regular callers.

I can't imagine why our new coach would give him the time of day to be on his show.
I prefer to think that CJH is staying too busy with what MATTERS to sit with Finebomb and chit chat.
There will be time for that when we're getting ready for the SEC championship game.

I don't think that's remotely true, Huskie.

I'd put Chris Low, and others, ahead of Finebaum in the list of journalists of importance within the SEC. Among other reasons, most folks take Chris seriously.

It's sort of like this: if Chris Low is the Wall Street Journal, Paul Finebaum is the National Enquirer. If Chris Low is 60 Minutes, Paul Finebaum is the Jerry Springer Show. If Chris Low is the Economist, Paul Finebaum is Mad Magazine.

Something like that. There are other important names in SEC sports journalism, but Chris Low provides a useful counterpoint. No one really takes Finebaum seriously, except maybe his regular callers.
"This is the Paul Finebaum show, not Jerry Springer, Right?"

Heupel is becoming the new Kiffin on this site when it comes to misspelling his name.
Kiffin became Kiffen and Heupel is becoming Huepel.

Agreed......these kids don't learn cursive anymore and the spelling is atrocious. Even in periodicals and professional publications. Remember kids, its -e before -u when using it before -p (or something like that)

Heupel is becoming the new Kiffin on this site when it comes to misspelling his name.
Kiffin became Kiffen and Heupel is becoming Huepel.
Agreed......these kids don't learn cursive anymore and the spelling is atrocious. Even in periodicals and professional publications. Remember kids, its -e before -u when using it before -p (or something like that)
Heh. It's funny because the pronunciation of the name is even more obscure than the spelling. Until you look up its origins, which I did. :)

The name is German. And probably means either "hill dweller" (Hubbel) or "hat maker" / "hood maker" / "helmet maker" (Haubel). But neither of those sound like "hype - ull" the way Josh pronounces it, so what's the deal?

Well, turns out this last name has been around since last names became common, when the Germanic peoples first began keeping tax records, in the 1500s or so. And of course a ton of different spellings emerged for the name, including: Haibel, Heubel, Heibl, Heibel, Haubl, Haube, Heupel and Heubel.

The most common of these for hundreds of years was apparently the third one: Heibl. Which is pronounced "high-bull" in German. And it's just a short step from there to the 'p' replacing the 'b', the vowels being mixed up once more, and the name Heupel ("high pull" or "hype-ull").

Okay, I just geeked out. Sorry, heh. Just love knowing where names come from.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Heh. It's funny because the pronunciation of the name is even more obscure than the spelling. Until you look up its origins, which I did. :)

The name is German. And probably means either "hill dweller" (Hubbel) or "hat maker" / "hood maker" / "helmet maker" (Haubel). But neither of those sound like "hype - ell" the way Josh pronounces it, so what's the deal?

Well, turns out this last name has been around since last names became common, when the Germanic peoples first began keeping tax records, in the 1500s or so. And of course a ton of different spellings emerged for the name, including: Haibel, Heubel, Heibl, Heibel, Haubl, Haube, Heupel and Heubel.

The most common of these for hundreds of years was apparently the fourth one: Heibel. Which is pronounced "high-bell" in German. And it's just a short step from there to the 'p' replacing the 'b', the vowels being mixed up once more, and the name Heupel ("hype-ell").

Go Vols!
Great! Thanks JP, that’s all we need is for the woke crowd to find out our new coach is a “German hood maker...”
🤦‍♂️
GBO!!

The name is German. And probably means either "hill dweller" (Hubbel) or "hat maker" / "hood maker" / "helmet maker" (Haubel). But neither of those sound like "hype - ull" the way Josh pronounces it, so what's the deal?

The most common of these for hundreds of years was apparently the third one: Heibl. Which is pronounced "high-bull" in German. And it's just a short step from there to the 'p' replacing the 'b', the vowels being mixed up once more, and the name Heupel ("hype-ull").

Go Vols!

Well played sir. I have to track down last names. OCD about it. My boss out here is a Sheblak. I'm in the interview thinking..."where is the heck is that last name from"

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Well played sir. I have to track down last names. OCD about it. My boss out here is a Sheblak. I'm in the interview thinking..."where is the heck is that last name from"
Sounds Russian or Ukrainian, doesn't it? I'll look it up if you want :)

EDIT: Ooh, get this: Sheblak is a village in Kerman Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 39, in 11 families.

Population 39. Maybe it was population 40 before your boss moved to your town? Heh.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back