Cody Brown in transfer portal

He has signed so he is officially part of the team.
He can just ask out of his NLI, he doesn’t need to enter the portal unless UT won’t release him. To enter the portal, you have to be enrolled or the school won’t release you. Imagine he will get a release.

Reactions: VFLBerg
He can just ask out of his NLI, he doesn’t need to enter the portal unless UT won’t release him. To enter the portal, you have to be enrolled or the school won’t release you. Imagine he will get a release.

He may eventually get his release but I am sure that the coaching staff are wanting to talk with him and try and persuade him to stay. If he doesn't want to stay then entering the portal is the fastest way out I would say.

I ain't gonna lie, I really wanted to see him in the orange and white, but as stated previously about the transfer portal: If you don't want to be at UT, then you need to enter it. Best of luck.

Yeah, I hate that he has reached this decision, but at least he waited till our offensive staff was in place and he could make a fair analysis. I will assume he had discussions with his new head and position coaches. He is the quality and kind of back I fear behind championship level lines, but we may be in need of the all purpose and speed types. Not sure if workhorse types excel in CJH's system or not. Lots to learn.

I hope he goes outside the conference for sure.

He may eventually get his release but I am sure that the coaching staff are wanting to talk with him and try and persuade him to stay. If he doesn't want to stay then entering the portal is the fastest way out I would say.
Another possibility: maybe he did talk to the Tennessee staff. Maybe this move is about fit.

p.s. He was careful in his wording to thank the coaches who recruited him. Not the current staff. This is reading a lot into a single sentence, but he may feel a bit spurned by Heupel & Co.

Last edited:
If he's transferring, it sounds like we were unwilling to release him from his NLI... do we lose a scholly because of that?

Do not blame him one bit in this pass heavy offense

The Heupel offense is a chip off the old Baylor offense from the early 2010s. It’s performed via a quick diagnosis of pre-snap space and then executed via a power run game inside or a one-on-one vertical shot outside. In an ideal world, they would love to use the one-high versus two-high binary against the defenses they play. When teams show a single-high safety against them, it means they are going to have access to vertical shots on the outside down the sideline. And when teams show a two-high safety against them, it’s the slot receivers who can now play in space.

VN Store

Back