Huepel on Finebaum

fla orange

Have I missed it? I've seen Harsin, he has Malzahn coming up! I think he's had all new Coaches, but no mention of Huepel?

To answer OP's question, no he has not appeared on his show yet. Paul just had Vandy coach Clark Lea on recently. My guess is that Heupel has been too busy trying to put together the staff and will make an appearance after the staff has been completed.

About to say the same. It seems pretty clear that we are more worried about a staff and putting pieces in place.........Judging from the recruiting forum we also are spending time recruiting and handing out scholarships. Much rather be spending my time on this than talking to Paul and the residents of Alabama's finest trailer parks who are the only ones able to view the show at 3 pm in the afternoon.

If I was Heupel, I wouldn’t ever go on his show. Win, lose, or draw, I wouldn’t give him the time of day after his days long rant surrounding my hire. He has the right to say what he wants, its his show after all, but Heupel has the right to tell him to pound sand.

Why do any of you listen to that guy or care any anything he says? There are far better things to listen to in this day and age with apps, podcasts, replays. The guy is an idiot. I don't listen to him, but he pops up on ESPN or the SEC network, he's a moron. Parrotting everything he says, not an original thought unless it's some crazy take like Bayless.

I actually called the show & asked why not late last week. Pawl said they asked UT AD office for interview but we haven't returned calls lol
I hope they never return a call to him.
If, and this is the biggest if in history, there is anything I admire about wee little nicky it is his refusal to suffer idiots in the sports media. If Saban does not control the agenda, he will not give an interview. All coaches know their relationship with the media is adversarial at best. Hornblower was the exception, he enjoyed seeing himself on TV or reading about his slogans in print. In the end he too was made to look like a fool by the media.

I would assume we turned him down, as it would only help his ratings to bring on UT's coach.

Per the SEC TV deal, schools and coaches cannot decline requests from programming on the SEC Network.

Heupel has not done any interviews since the day he was introduced. When he begins them again in the next week or so, Finebaum will be one of the ones he does.

VN Store

Back