Pete Thamel: Tim Banks finalizing deal for DC

Anyone convincing himself that this is a good hire is a damn fool.

Did you ever stop to see the progression up the ladder of relevance in the NCAA that this guy has been invited to take? All of these coaches went after him. Our new AD and coach trust him and I will ride with them till performance trends tell me he is not worthy of my support.

I don't know a thing about this guy.. Convince me why he is a bad hire..
Agreed. I dont think there is a homerun DC hire out there. It's going to take years of everyone pulling in the same direction, good recruiting, good eye for talent, and a little luck. By luck, I mean finding a great great qb and a couple of great pass rushers. Once we get it rolling we will be back. By year three CJH should be competing for the east if hes the man.

One would think that weakness in roster would make the DC's abilities to scheme that much more important. As well as recruiting to help repair the roster over time, the DC hire would be pretty important. Can you help me follow your logic?
I'm not talking about the foreseeable future I'm talking about this coming up season

I'm not talking about the foreseeable future I'm talking about this coming up season
So, it's your contention we'll have as much/little chance of winning games this year, no matter who the DC is?

What I'm trying to say is our talent is pathetic compared to the top-tier schools it doesn't matter who the damn DC is

I'm just curious if you really feel that way. If so, it seems a ridiculously crazy assumption. If not, I'm just wondering what you actually think the comment adds to the conversation.

How come there's like dozens of people whose only job is covering UT sports, and yet national reporters break this kind of news?
When you rip off a bandaid, sometimes little hairs are stuck to it. Another name for that: "Sources".

That reads like the spoiled teen that "expects" his working class parents to buy him a Ferrari and refusing to settle.

The spoiled teen is the only one that fails to realize what an ignorant look it is.

UT is a hind tit sucker right now. Face it.

Good advise, face the tit

Alabama was once a great national powerhouse. Then came a litany of incompetent coaches and the losses piled up. "Alabama will never be the same. They're washed up for good" Bammers never lost the thirst for excellence. They kept turning over the staff until they got their man. I think it worked out pretty well for them. We must keep our standards high and tolerate nothing less than our standards. Do not fall victim to defeatism. We have some of the best facilities and backing in the nation. We just need to hit on the right personnel to help get us back to living up to our standards.

GOLDEN.

If Steele is so desirable, why is he out of a coaching job?

MALZAHN was fired at Auburn; and not necessarily because of Team Performance. Steele was Malzon's DC. The new hire at AU didn't keep Steele; Personal Choice. Tenn then hired Steele as an assistant; not knowing (Exactly) how the Pruitt thing would go. What else?

Reactions: photovol
MALZAHN was fired at Auburn; and not necessarily because of Team Performance. Steele was Malzon's DC. The new hire at AU didn't keep Steele; Personal Choice. Tenn then hired Steele as an assistant; not knowing (Exactly) how the Pruitt thing would go. What else?

Indeed
What a Cluster €¥ck

VN Store

Back