Crouch and maybe Henry T to go thru spring practice and evaluate

I think ANY player that comes to a school solely for a specific coach is foolish in this day and time.

I agree entirely with this, though I bet a lot of players (and their parents) haven't thought through the math of it.

Here's the math of it:

Average coach tenure in FBS is 3.8 years.* And the average player will arrive on campus roughly halfway through that coach's tenure. Half of 3.8 years is 1.9 years. So when that new player arrives, on average, his coach will be gone before he finishes his sophomore (or redshirt freshman) year.

It is entirely possible for a player to spend all three to five seasons with a single head coach. But the odds are against it. Best bets go to the young(ish) head coaches who are already very successful at top-end programs. So a Dabo Swinney, Ryan Day, or Lincoln Riley. Everywhere else, where the coach is maybe heading for retirement soon, or isn't yet at his "final destination dream job," or might get fired for not doing well, which is approximately 127 of the 130 Power Five programs, the lads coming on board have to anticipate at least one coaching change during their college years.

* Most college football players will be forced to change head coaches at least once in their career

Last edited:
Thought Daddy To'o To'o already had young Henry headed for Alabama?

At this point I would be inclined to not let them take practice reps from players who actually want to be in Knoxville.
I thought he said that was not his account and he never said those things. Idk but I read that somewhere. I guess I’m asking because I’m not sure ...I have no good info either way.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
I thought he said that was not his account and he never said those things. Idk but I read that somewhere. I guess I’m asking because I’m not sure ...I have no good info either way.[/QUOTE]

Me neither.

Hadn't seen any kind of retraction or fake account but I dont keep up with things as much anymore.

If we could scientifically combine To’o To’o instincts with Crouch's physicality we would have a pretty good LB. I think Crouch gets recruited over by the time season starts. He just does not have enough awareness. Henry needs to add 25 pounds, instead of losing 10.
******** on everything you said

Blinghamtonvol,You are exactly right.You don'tshow anything in the spring to anyone.You never have.These comments are from those who stole Madden22 program chart.As if no one in history has ever thought of that.What about a player who is with the team,but,after spring ball,decides to transfer because he wouldn't get to playi.e. buried on the depth chart.Do we use a vulcan mind-meld to erase his memory?

Reactions: P.O.T.S. VOL
Per RockytopInsider this would be welcome news. At least maybe one of them would choose to stay.

"The sophomore duo of Henry To’o To’o and Quavaris Crouch were Tennessee’s starting inside linebackers last season, but both could end up leaving Rocky Top by the time the season-opener on Sept. 4 against Bowling Green rolls around.

In the case of To’o To’o, the California native is already in the transfer portal, though he could potentially be returning to Knoxville for spring practice. Crouch has been rumored to be transferring following the coaching change, but is going to go through spring practice and get a gauge for the new staff before making a final decision."
I would not let either of those guys practice spring ball unless they removed themselves from the portal. I’m not sure I would even let Henry T return at all after what his Dad posted.

This isn’t any different than a player not currently in the portal going through spring practice and evaluating whether to leave afterwards. Let them try it and maybe they stay. Definitely don’t allow a transfer within the SEC afterwards though.
No. Do not waste time on them unless they remove themselves from the portal and confirm allegiance to the Vols. Henry T can kick sand and should not be allowed to return under any circumstances.

I would not let either of those guys practice spring ball unless they removed themselves from the portal. I’m not sure I would even let Henry T return at all after what his Dad posted.

Agree with you to a point. I mean do we know that Henry T agreed with his dad? Or did his dad take it upon himself to post that? Either way if these guys have questions about staying then that tells me they are looking to leave. Let them go.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Great news. Everyone on here acting like they wouldn’t evaluate continuing at their place of work under a new regime is kidding themselves. These kids futures depend on this decision. And they are doing the right thing.

So do we have other players doing the same thing?

No doubt.
Anyone still in the transfer portal during spring camp should not be seeing as many reps as the “committed” teammate...........
Maybe worth the risk since they are both returning starters and we have negative depth at that position.

At this point I would be inclined to not let them take practice reps from players who actually want to be in Knoxville.

I would ignore anything the "pageant mom" father speaks on behalf of his adult son. It's not fair to hold Henry accountable for it.

Reactions: bigvol67
But VN already decided these guys were pieces of crap character-wise and mediocre football-wise because they entered the portal. Do HT and QC know we ‘didn’t want them anyway’?

Well, let's see if they elect to stay. In this case, they should be up for All SEC honors.. However, if they leave then the post is correct...

I don’t blame them for going in the portal and I would welcome them both back. You lost the coach you committed to, we then had a month go by without hiring his position coach or DC. They both have a chance of being early NFL picks if coached properly. I would have tested the waters as well. They just can’t blindly sit back, we are talking possible millions of dollars for them and their families.

I am hoping they get to know Banks and it works out, I think both can be great talents for us.

Reactions: bigvol67

Exactly. Based on what Daddy T he shouldn’t be welcome here any longer

I would ignore anything the "pageant mom" father speaks on behalf of his adult son. It's not fair to hold Henry accountable for it.
Not Fair; true.
But Justice. We all suffer or prosper for who our parents are and what they have said and done.

Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.
Don't be foolish. We could use their talent. Can't let our emotions dictate what's ultimately best.

VN Store

Back