Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he has 4 conference championships in two difference conferences to his name prior to Penn State.

I like the Banks hire, Penn State has been pretty good in his time there. Their worst ranked scoring defense was 55th this season in the COVID year, last year they finished 8th.

I wasn't knocking him. I was just pointing out his ties to Butch.

Banks became the focus for the Volunteers and Heupel late Sunday night, after Tennessee offered the position to Kansas City Chiefs linebackers coach Matt House. A former University of Kentucky defensive coordinator, House was offered a three-year deal with the Vols worth nearly $5 million, per sources, but was enticed to remain in the NFL.

From Football Scoop Article.

My daughter does too. Trying to get her first job and may have finally found to right spot. It is for something called the Defensive Coordinator for the University of Tennessee Football Team. I'm honestly not sure if I want her taking it. Sounds like it may be rough sledding.

It is actually at a local pizza joint here in M'boro.
Yeah I rescheduled that one interview follow through and was bored so I looked some more on job boards and seen one closer. I called them and bam another interview tomorrow. I am still keeping that first one in back pocket just in case this new one low balls me, gotta get a certain amount or I will still be looking. But new one sounds real promising and I could see it turning into a career. I just feel blessed my lord and savior is giving me opportunities.

New prize for Tennessee defenders to carry around on the sideline after they get a turnover:

CM9001.jpg

You can have 10 assistant coaches. With Pruitt, we had 6 offensive coaches and 4 defensive coaches. Chaney was counted as an offensive assistant even though he was not considered a coach of any position, just the OC.

Not sure we'll have 5 defensive staff, thought we only got 9 on-field positions?

Offensive Staff (5)
Alex Golesh - TEs
Glen Elarbee - OL
Joey Halzle -QBs
Kodi Burns -WRs
Jerry Mack - RBs

Defensive Staff (4)
Tim Banks - DC
Rodney Garner - DL
Kevin Steele - LB
John Jancek - ??

Added

Banks was Franklin’s proposed DC for his staff when he was contemplating coming here. DW interviewed him then. I guess there is some justice in getting a key staff member from Franklin. Banks is a great back end coach, and very good at adapting his formations to opponents. He will be a good fit with Garner. He is also close to many inner city coaches in Memphis and Detroit. He’ll bring players here in 22. Great at identifying and developing back end talent.

Don't count Steele out as a LB or even secondary coaches role.
I like the hire. Franklin is known as a defensive coach. This guy has been co DC for him for 5+ years. Also worked with Tommy West at Memphis. Was DC for Butch at CMU and co DC at Cinn when he was winning conference championships at CMU and Cinn. Banks can coach LBs or a secondary position. Garner has DL job covered. Have open spots on D side. One will be a LB coach and one will be a secondary coach I would think.
Love to see Jancek in the secondary role. Im pretty sure that Jancek and Banks were co DCs together at Cinn under Butch in 2010 and 2011.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back