'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

You guys are making a way bigger deal out of a basic observation than those making the observation. Obviously it’s more important for him to be a good football player than a good powerlifter which he is already the first and is obviously very strong. For me I like following powerlifting and strongman and watch a lot strength coaching videos to improve my own technique, where it’s constantly drilled into you that it’s way better for an athlete to train under load through a fuller ROM (in this case it’s just knee level). If that ROM can’t be achieved then lower the weight until it is. Talking about technique in this video is no different than watching game tape and saying a DL came off the ball too high and lost leverage against the OL but y’all are acting like we insulted his family.

I have spent a lot of time in the gym over the years and have found that one of the most sure fire ways to hurt yourself doing squats is to either go too low, or use too much weight. Not really a need to go past parallel, way too easy to pull a groin muscle or injure your lower back. A$$ to the grass isn't worth it.

I have spent a lot of time in the gym over the years and have found that one of the most sure fire ways to hurt yourself doing squats is to either go too low, or use too much weight. Not really a need to go past parallel, way too easy to pull a groin muscle or injure your lower back. A$$ to the grass isn't worth it.
Used to love this movement, 225-250 repped.

Saw more strength growth in that range than anything heavier. Sigh, caveat, in my forties knees are paying for it.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Rivals has a article uo this morning for Walter Nolan. It’s about contenders and pretenders for the schools he is interested in. Anyone got the goods about it on us.?

Correct form is the only way to make sure you do not injure yourself lifting weights. If you want to lift , go to someone who is in the profession. They will teach you the correct form which will allow you to safely prefers in safe lifting. If you don't, you can injure yourself for years and eliminate any athletic future you may seek.

Reactions: norrislakevol

Not once did I mention past parallel or ATG. If injuries are happening it’s a matter of poor technique or using too much weight or both.

Correct form is the only way to make sure you do not injure yourself lifting weights. If you want to lift , go to someone who is in the profession. They will teach you the correct form which will allow you to safely prefers in safe lifting. If you don't, you can injure yourself for years and eliminate any athletic future you may seek.

Another thing is to know your limits. It's ok to push as hard as you can on the flat bench (with a spotter), any arm exercise, or the chin bar to the the very last rep to failure. You have to be careful with squats. Trying too go to failure too often can lead to someone to wobble side to side with all that weight on their back and then boom....you have in injury that can take months to recover from.

VN Store

Back