'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Is it wishful thinking that he wouldn’t be stringing us along with quotes like that if he knew he was choosing somewhere else?

Yeah probably is.

Is it wishful thinking that he wouldn’t be stringing us along with quotes like that if he knew he was choosing somewhere else?

Yeah probably is.

It’s not like he would tell a Nashville radio station something bad about Tennessee. He’s just being polite as he should be

Just got this article in my inbox from 247, here’s a quote from Simpson, SIAP:
“Of course, Coach Pruitt, (former Tennessee quarterbacks) coach (Chris) Weinke and (former offensive coordinator Jim) Chaneywere one of my first offers, and I can’t thank them enough for how much of a big part of my recruitment they’ve been. But you’ve also got to think, you’re going to a university to play for that university. You’re not going to play for a coach — nothing like that. Even though a lot of guys do that, I don’t go into it that way.”

Good to hear that from a kid, even if it’s just interview-speak at this point. I’ll believe him until he picks another school and then, best wishes to him. Unless it’s Alabama. Then, well, git.

VN Store

Back