Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa thought it was substantiated enough to let him go. It is not just one, disgruntled player. It is more than that. That lends substantiation to the allegations.
I thought at least 50 to 80 players finally came forward with the information on Doyle

How’s that an overreaction?

Unless we look like world beaters, kids are going to commit to schools with coaches they’re familiar with & can win immediately vs an entirely new staff staring NCAA sanctions in the eye.

Ty Simpson is the first example.

Then nobody can blame Heupel and this staff for any losses on the 2022 class. God I hate Fulmer even more.

Reactions: jpope9
I thought at least 50 to 80 players finally came forward with the information on Doyle
It was quite a few players. And the investigation by the school lead to him being fired. But Urban is the one doing the 'right thing' because he asked him and he said 'I didn't do it' so his hiring in Jacksonville is actually very noble.

Source was a poster on VQ. Collaborated by another poster on VQ. Whomever their "sources" is or are likely has their own agenda and likely has no clue if it is to push a diversity hire or not. Some of you all are masterful at making **** up.
It's kinda hard to make sh^t up until some insider said it on another site and then someone brings that same sh^t in here. It didn't start in here.

Reactions: drvenner
AP said Rodgers is still in play & it’s his job if he wants it. Said UT will ‘go in a different direction’, before Conklin.

Definitely sounds like DW is controlling the hire.
Sounds hell bent on a diversity hire. All for a great coach, but I don’t care what color they are and I want it to be our coaches choice. It’s ridiculous to force someone on him.

Reactions: Volunteer821
In the war room last night, Hubbs said that we’re squarely behind the 8 ball with the 22 class. Said a lot of kids want to make early decisions and we just don’t have enough time to build relationships there.

Obviously if we look good on the field this year, things could change.

It may be true but in some instances these kids are like kittens playing with yarn, it's all good until someone else dangles something bright new and shiny in front of them then their attention shifts quickly. If a kid wants to make a decision quick without hearing all the options out there they are the ones that will follow that shiny new toy and usually will do that on down the line. There is time to get to know the players and give them an idea of your plans and your plans for them. Remember if all of these relationships built over time were so solid we would never lose a kid a month or even a week in some cases before signing day.

Reactions: barrylee
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pacer92
Yeah, I imagine that's true. Just seems we have paralysis by analysis, and we're forcing something behind the scenes that these coaches don't like.

We're getting a lot of folks with initial interest in the job - then for some reason they all back out after an interview or two.
Probably because we are forcing a staff on anyone who interviews. No one would like that.

Source was a poster on VQ. Collaborated by another poster on VQ. Whomever their "sources" is or are likely has their own agenda and likely has no clue if it is to push a diversity hire or not. Some of you all are masterful at making **** up.
THIS

Ask yourselves how this leak would happen if DW is pushing CJH to make a diversity hire. DW and CJH would be the only ones knowledgeable about this. Which one do you think has leaked it to anyone else.

Just another case of VN and VQ creating drama.

Ok. Sure. I’m not bragging. I said I don’t have FU money. But I do have a some time share with UT. He got Ashley and her dad on the field. A poster who was on here before and after meeting AV. He was right this time with what was going on. Coaches like players will change minds and play games. Peasants like you with your feeble mind can’t comprehend it. You are not a peasant because of the lack of money. You are a peasant because of your lack of knowledge and your pontification of things you do not understand. The peasant comment is more of a tip of the hat to @Big Gucci Sosa Just like it.
only peasant here is you bruh

Reactions: JacketVol
Right, I wouldn't say he was "forced" to hire Shannon. But when your boss comes to you with a "recommendation," you have to take it, don't you?

That hire failed - Shannon was awful.
Where I work, I have three managers who report to me. They, in turn, have approximately 20 people who report to them. I would be a very bad manager if I fostered a spirit that they could not question or otherwise offer alternatives to my recommendations. I want managers who are going to support the company, first and foremost, and who will also have enough brains and confidence to disagree with me from time to time.

Probably because we are forcing a staff on anyone who interviews. No one would like that.
Exactly my thoughts. Seems they had already hired Garner and I bet Willie is already hired too. We are doing many things way backwards and doesn’t put to ease that our administration is finally on the right page.

I think they could’ve had Conklin a week ago, but missed their shot. Interviewed and then all of the Washington stuff happened and now Rodgers. I’m betting he didn’t like getting passed up and now this close to his season he’s decided to move on.

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
THIS

Ask yourselves how this leak would happen if DW is pushing CJH to make a diversity hire. DW and CJH would be the only ones knowledgeable about this. Which one do you think has leaked it to anyone else.

Just another case of VN and VQ creating drama.
How dare you sir accuse VN of creating drama!!! I demand an apology immediately or I will take this to the authorities. I hope Frank is seeing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back