'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

See this is where I part ways with some fans. I know some are saying oh this years instate class is key. Why? Honestly other than a few guys is it really that good? Also, if we were to get Horn, how do we know these instate offensive targets wouldn’t follow him here? Or even better ones?

Imo the only real instate guy that is can’t miss is Nolen. TN rarely has legit chances with players of his caliber.

I think when you sign a elite QB. That good players follow. Good players will follow Horn as well. And maybe that group is MORE talented than if Simpson were to sign?

I prefer Simpson, because he is a Dual-threat QB with ProStyle attributes. And the State Pride is a real thing. Some of our best players ever are from the Volunteer State. That matters. We're not just the Volunteers. We're the TENNESSEE Volunteers.

Another reason I want Simpson is because when has TN EVER produced an Elite QB??
Georgia has a 5 star every year.
Kentucky has even produced better QBs.
So, it would be fantastic to get the Once in a generation kid to be a Vol.

And lastly...Ty Simpson looks like Archie Manning running around out there.
If he came out here to California he would be the number one prospect in the state by seasons end....
He's more talented than Bryce Young.

I think when you sign a elite QB. That good players follow. Good players will follow Horn as well. And maybe that group is MORE talented than if Simpson were to sign?

I prefer Simpson, because he is a Dual-threat QB with ProStyle attributes. And the State Pride is a real thing. Some of our best players ever are from the Volunteer State. That matters. We're not just the Volunteers. We're the TENNESSEE Volunteers.

Another reason I want Simpson is because when has TN EVER produced an Elite QB??
Georgia has a 5 star every year.
Kentucky has even produced better QBs.
So, it would be fantastic to get the Once in a generation kid to be a Vol.

And lastly...Ty Simpson looks like Archie Manning running around out there.
If he came out here to California he would be the number one prospect in the state by seasons end....
He's more talented than Bryce Young.

I think Simpson is a really good QB. I just think Horn is better. Truth be told this is a great situation to be in. I mean we can’t go wrong with either guy in my opinion.

Reactions: LittleVol
UF making a move here, entire staff recruiting him. Horn up to #2 QB on 247. Visiting a few schools, decision in spring.

Reactions: PA Vol
I’m sure the Gator fans loved it even on an interview with UF, he’s mentioning TN.
"I have always been a Tennessee fan, so hopefully I am not starting off on a bad note," Horn laughed. "I've always known Florda and have never hated them. I've liked them except when they have played Tennessee. They have always had a very good program and I think Coach Mullen has done a good job with bringing them back to the glory days. It's really exciting, they have a lot of good players down here and I really want to take a visit for sure."

I’m sure the Gator fans loved it even on an interview with UF, he’s mentioning TN.

My god, just offer the man! Simpson isn't coming here. Horn seems to want to be here so bad. At this point, we need guys like Horn who want to crawl here considering our situation. Hopefully JH and crew wake up soon. I'm not sure how we haven't offered a consensus Top 5 QB that grew up a Tennessee fan.

My god, just offer the man! Simpson isn't coming here. Horn seems to want to be here so bad. At this point, we need guys like Horn who want to crawl here. Hopefully JH and crew wake up soon. I'm not sure how we haven't offered a consensus Top 5 QB that grew up a Tennessee fan.
It’s so obvious it’s painful

Reactions: BucksnortVol

This dude is literally begging to be the Vols QB for this cycle. I think we should ride with the player who actually wants to be here. Unless the staff has assurances that Simpson is coming here, then there's no reason for the full court press not to be on Horn.

VN Store

Back