Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And his second call needs to be to Ty Simpson, so he can deliver a message should Ty decide to go elsewhere.

raw

I have never seen Ty play but I hope is read to move up considering the competition he has faced and the only reason I say this is because few years back the son of a guy I worked with was a sure thing at RB. He played in 3 A ball as well. and he got offers from UT and several other SEC school's went to Vandy as a matter of fact lasted 1 year transfered to APSU played one year then quit all together got a degree and went to work in his grand dads business. It happens more times than not when they get under the bright lights.

Last edited:
New name brought up by Hubbs as a possible DC candidate if Rodgers decides to stay in the NFL. Co DC at Penn State Tim Banks.

Arnett .... ❌
House ....❌
Orlando ....❌
Brown ....❌
Washington ....❌
Toney ....❌
Steele ....❌
Rodgers ....❌
Baker ....❌
Conklin ....❌
Banks ....❓
Robinson ....❓

Anyone talked about what AP said on today’s podcast that Pruitt legit was going to hire Ty Simpsons dad as QB coach? Wtf was he thinking? How would other QBs reacted to that not only on roster but future recruits? Now you put JH in the unwinnable situation where he can’t follow through on that as he has his own QB guy he believes in along with himself and it doesn’t allow for a questionable playing time environment
This may have bru take qualities, but is it possible we overrate him because he supposedly can help us with the instate class. Is he actually as good a qb as people act? I haven't followed much so really don't know other than his name has been discussed for years. Isn't he the one that held back in school a year for football reasons?

This may have bru take qualities, but is it possible we overrate him because he supposedly can help us with the instate class. Is he actually as good a qb as people act? I haven't followed much so really don't know other than his name has been discussed for years. Isn't he the one that held back in school a year for football reasons?
The way it works, if he picks UT, he's probably overrated. If he picks Bama or Clemson, dude's a stud QB.

New name brought up by Hubbs as a possible DC candidate if Rodgers decides to stay in the NFL. Co DC at Penn State Tim Banks.

That's kind of an interesting name. Big Memphis ties having coached LBs and DBs there in the early 2000's. Went on to become Butch Jones DC at Central Michigan and looks like he followed him to Cincinnati, where he was Co-DC for 2 years. Then he left for the same title at Illinois before Butch's last year there.

He's been a Co-DC for 10 years. He's risen to bigger and bigger programs over the years. Was hired at Penn State under Bill O'Brien and Franklin kept him and he's been there ever since.

I have no idea if this means he would be a good hire for us or not. Just thought there were some fun facts in there.

The way it works, if he picks UT, he's probably overrated. If he picks Bama or Clemson, dude's a stud QB.
I think the star system leaves a lot to the imagination QB's and OL especially. A OL that is 6'6" 340 is rated 5* because of size I think since none of them have gone against anybody their size but they will so it is a guessing game. QB's usually have 1 maybe 2 good receivers that catch 80% of every completed pass they have ever thrown in school and if the WR's are faster than average they are usually wide open. And if their daddy just happens to be a coach ..well...who is going to be highlighted, just saying it has happened more than many want to believe.

On the Sab thing. The poster infrequently interacts, uses an old Sab edit from twitter as the avi, and only asks questions from "in the know" posters like AV and others to get info on recruits and coaching searches. I'm not certain, but I got a feeling.

Let the McCarthyism begin!
That's an ugly thing to accuse Bass of. I mean, we all laugh and joke around, but accusing someone of being Sab is just low.

I really hope those 2 most recent names by VQ are just names to distract while the details of a deal are being worked out for Rodgers or Conklin.
Their have been six or eight hired so far today but the word is tomorrow or the tomorrow after that or.... you get the picture.

As a Penn Stater first and a Vol second, My opinion is BO is a loser. JF is a person most feel meh about. He just isn’t a personality that “attracts”. And this new PSU Tim guy, IDK who he is.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
HC: Heupel
OC/TE: Golesh
DC: Rodgers
QB: Halzle
RB: Mack
WR: Burns
OL: Elarbee
DL: Garner
LB: Caldwell
DB: Martinez
S/ST: Jancek

How’s this sound
I can assure you that your list will be picked apart like buzzards picking at road kill as I'm sure your well aware of !!!! LOL

The Garner hire surely means something is close with the DC hire. Otherwise, why not hire him days after hiring Heupel so that he could at least be helping with recruiting on the defensive side of the ball?
I agree. I think this means that we have a DC locked down. Don’t know why Garner would sign a contract if he has no idea who his DC would be too

I'm kind of at peace with whatever happens. I think we're in a better spot with Garner on board than without. Who knows what we're gonna do though. I'm not gonna fault them if it keeps dragging on. I think you've gotta keep digging til you find the right coach. Ignore the noise and make a solid hire at the end of it.

And I believe we should judge the hire, not the process. Everything already looks bad, who cares how bad the hire process looks right now? Get the right DC here and fix football. Period. The results will be the judge in time.

That being said, I hope it's Kacy in the mornin and we can all move on with our lives.

Exactly. If you only want 100% locks on your information about Tennessee Football, then follow the Vol Football Twitter account and no one else. Everything you get there will be signed, sealed, and delivered, and you won't have to worry about being misled or someone getting unwarranted eCred.

https://twitter.com/Vol_Football
True

While you idiots are at it, tell Ashley’s dad he’s an idiot too. @ob79 he isn’t and neither is @Atlanta VOL Also @InVOLuntary and others who know the legitimacy of a man whose whole life and his fathers supported Tennessee. He’s not posting because he’s been told not to. However, he really tried to give the insight he could and it doesn’t disappoint me the newbies spouting off as much as you guys who know better.

I hope he never post again here. You guys deserve to wallow in your misery.
Uh....
1613116543126.gif

HC: Heupel
OC/TE: Golesh
DC: Rodgers
QB: Halzle
RB: Mack
WR: Burns
OL: Elarbee
DL: Garner
LB: Caldwell
DB: Martinez
S/ST: Jancek

How’s this sound
I like it all but Martinez. Let’s hire a better DB coach. But it seems like they are going to find a spot for him.

While you idiots are at it, tell Ashley’s dad he’s an idiot too. @ob79 he isn’t and neither is @Atlanta VOL Also @InVOLuntary and others who know the legitimacy of a man whose whole life and his fathers supported Tennessee. He’s not posting because he’s been told not to. However, he really tried to give the insight he could and it doesn’t disappoint me the newbies spouting off as much as you guys who know better.

I hope he never post again here. You guys deserve to wallow in your misery.
Nice alter, AV

Reactions: StoVol and MrVolton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back