Jerry Mack Hired As Next RB Coach

Went the Football roster page and this is what it currently shows. At least there are 19 listed as signed from 2021 Signing Day. :oops:

View attachment 350602View attachment 350603
I look at this list, paired with the new coaching staff, and solidly believe that other than Salter, we are going to see the names Brown, Evans, Campbell, and Bell A TON in the next couple of years.

What resume do you want for a RB coach? He has as a 31-15 record as a head coach. That's pretty good. Plus he has ties to Memphis. What do you people want?

The same people complaining today are the same people who fawned over a guy with no recruiting ties to the Southeast and without any P5, D1, D2, or D3 coaching experience (Osovet). They fawned over a guy who had 1 year of position coach experience at a low level G5 school and 1 year of position coach experience at a 1-AA school (Felton).

His time at NC Central is a positive. From Durham, he probably had relationships across NC and into VA and SC. Might help in DC too.
Does he have experience coaching Rb’s in an RPO offense? If not the hire seems underwhelming and someone who has to learn on the job. Of course I hope it works out for us.

Interesting. Looks like he's never coached RBs before and Rice's offense has been a disaster. He better be an ace recruiter.
Great. More great recruiting and meh coaching? I think I have already seen this movie.... a couple of times.

tbh, I have no idea about this guy however.

Reactions: Spawn
If I have to say who? one more time just call me Al.
iu

Reactions: Hunerwadel
I like the hire. Like it was stated earlier, He will have the recruiting connection to VA, NC and SC due to his time at NCC. He also has the HC experience and RPO experience to help with CJH offense and get the RBs ready.

Reactions: Border Vol
Been at several stops and had a modicum of success at each it seems.
Good ties to Memphis and that area so should be a good recruiter.

For those that say not much success at Rice, keep in mind that Rice is the 2nd smallest school in all of FBS, perennially plays Texas and SMU, and sits in the same recruiting area as Texas, SMU, Texas A&M, and Houston...that's going to be tough to win at no matter who the coach.

That's because Rice is in Houston . . .

GBO

Reactions: Border Vol
First off, running back is the easiest position in football to coach (that doesn't mean everyone can do it though). But if you've been an OC, you can coach any position on offense (with the exception of QB, which Mack has done). Secondly, It appears that CJH puts a premium on coaches that can actually coach and develop talent.

Does he have experience coaching Rb’s in an RPO offense? If not the hire seems underwhelming and someone who has to learn on the job. Of course I hope it works out for us.
I don't know but RPO seems to be pervasive enough now that most offensive coaches would be OK with it.

This is probably a recruiting hire as someone else mentioned.... but he has some decent experience too.

VN Store

Back