Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, some people are doom and gloom, and saying it's a suck hire. We don't know.
And some are saying it's a great hire, but we don't know that either. And for some, the fact that we don't know is the real problem. Some of us feel we could have landed on someone more proven.

Reactions: tnvols72
I shouldn’t sound like I don’t think it’s meaningless. It’s not and it does mean he can manage a football team and do it well. I just don’t think it means much at all toward what we need that position to do best and that’s recruit

All I will say is there are good coaches out there who can recruit to UT, and we don’t know their names. We don’t have to have people that we already know about. There are good, young recruiters all over the country who had to get their first shot.

All I will say is there are good coaches out there who can recruit to UT, and we don’t know their names. We don’t have to have people that we already know about. There are good, young recruiters all over the country who had to get their first shot.

Agreed

I don’t think this guy fits the “young” recruiter mold. If I was going to pick a coach without big boy experience I’d have targeted a hardesty type younger coach

Where exactly has our old tried and true method got us over the past several years.

Progress! Hopefully the rest of the pieces fall into place soon.

1e7518f45f800f5a54c79daab5d06209.gif

Agreed

I don’t think this guy fits the “young” recruiter mold. If I was going to pick a coach without big boy experience I’d have targeted a hardesty type younger coach

Jerry Mack is 40, and Monterrio Hardesty is 34, and Mack’s resume is far more impressive. Mack has 31 more victories as head coach and can claim conference titles.

Mack already had head coach victories at Hardesty’s age.

Jerry Mack is 40, and Monterrio Hardesty is 34, and Mack’s resume is far more impressive. Mack has 31 more victories as head coach and can claim conference titles.

Mack already had head coach victories at Hardesty’s age.

Yea and that’s why he’s “old”

like I said I’d go younger if I was going with no big boy football experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back