Jerry Mack Hired As Next RB Coach

This is a great move. Jerry Mack is very plugged into various coaching networks and was previously the head coach of an HBCU program. He could be a hot commodity down the road.

Interesting. How do you know he is well connected into various coaching networks?

I honestly know nothing about him. I hope he does a great job and I am behind the hire. My one concern would be lack of big time P5 experience.

Been at several stops and had a modicum of success at each it seems.
Good ties to Memphis and that area so should be a good recruiter.

For those that say not much success at Rice, keep in mind that Rice is the 2nd smallest school in all of FBS, perennially plays Texas and SMU, and sits in the same recruiting area as Texas, SMU, Texas A&M, and Houston...that's going to be tough to win at no matter who the coach.

Welcome coach, it would appear that we are going to have to win games 113 - 112 as I'm not sure we will actually field a defense this year. HAHA!

Reactions: sjt18
Don’t know much about this hire.

Hopefully he turns out great.

If there's a position you can go with a stellar recruiter who may just be an average coach, it's at the RB position. Having said that, I know absolutely nothing about him in either capacity.

VN Store

Back