Game Thread: (16/19) Lady Vols at (20/18) Kentucky

If we win this one will be by a small margin they are much better team at home. They shoot it a lot better there and have much more game energy. The key will be what kind of shooting night Howard has she is always the determining factor for them. Tennessee 68 Ky 65
It all hinges on stopping Howard and not
loosing sight of the others at the same time.

I believe the Lady Vols have the potential to run the table for the remainder of the season. They will get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament if they do so. I know this is a bold statement. However, they have the talent and I predict that Coach Kellie will begin to establish herself as the next great WCBB coach at UT.

One can dream...would be a sight for sore eyes.

I believe the Lady Vols have the potential to run the table for the remainder of the season. They will get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament if they do so. I know this is a bold statement. However, they have the talent and I predict that Coach Kellie will begin to establish herself as the next great WCBB coach at UT.

Bold statement indeed. I’m honestly just hoping we finish top four in the SEC. It’s been a while since we’ve had an opportunity to control our destiny in terms of high seeding possibilities. We’ll know much more after these next two games.

My opinion on font color that it neutralizes the effect of the sarcasm. Some people don't get verbal sarcasm. We don't go around giving sarcasm disclaimers in our normal convo's so why would we do so with our written words?

Should the Babylonbee and The Onion have a special font for satire (often sarcastic satire)? No, the reader is responsible for a certain amount of comprehension. Often the best sarcasm/satire is the kind that almost "gets you". Leading with blue font is like telling the punchline first.

You'll never find me using blue font.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
My opinion on font color that it neutralizes the effect of the sarcasm. Some people don't get verbal sarcasm. We don't go around giving sarcasm disclaimers in our normal convo's so why would we do so with our written words?

Should the Babylonbee and The Onion have a special font for satire (often sarcastic satire)? No, the reader is responsible for a certain amount of comprehension. Often the best sarcasm/satire is the kind that almost "gets you". Leading with blue font is like telling the punchline first.

You'll never find me using blue font.

I don't think anyone using blue font is trying to be helpful. More like, "I'm being sarcastic, but you're too dense to get it...so let me spell it out for you."

In the presser Kellie said she’s day to day and “really limited” but she said she told Marta they “aren’t counting her out.” But she doesn’t know how much she’ll be able to go.

Sounds like Marta is begging to play and they are keeping her out. That’s the way I interpreted it anyway. Hopefully a good sign that she’s starting to feel better.

What exactly is wrong with Marta? We really need her, especially since Kayen and Jaiden are already out.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Word is Howard is an arrogant punk and the UK program is imploding, so this should be an easy win right?
From the looks of things on the outside that poster who pointed out the disfunction between her and Patterson is true. The team has seemed to get behind howard though versus patterson. A lot of rage and screaming towards patterson from a lot of teammates and howard just disregards her decisions or play calls. Notice tonight if patterson calls a play for herself Howard will just stand on the wing and not involve herself in the play at all . Maybe this mantra should be put on patterson versus howard , BUT i wont say it's unbelievable like others here.

Word is Howard is an arrogant punk and the UK program is imploding, so this should be an easy win right?

I don’t know but you can easily see her lack of effort and what appears to be poor in game attitude at times. Are you hearing about friction with Elzy or just general attitude problems?

I don’t know but you can easily see her lack of effort and what appears to be poor in game attitude at times. Are you hearing about friction with Elzy or just general attitude problems?

He was being sarcastic. Don’t push this further than it needs to go. 0 people know what’s going on there. Several of us have speculated things aren’t going well just based on performance and body language. Definitely no inside information though.

He was being sarcastic. Don’t push this further than it needs to go. 0 people know what’s going on there. Several of us have speculated things aren’t going well just based on performance and body language. Definitely no inside information though.

I’m not sure what don’t push this farther than it needs to go means. Lack of effort isn’t a secret. One KY site wrote about it after the last TN game.

I’m not sure what don’t push this farther than it needs to go means. Lack of effort isn’t a secret. One KY site wrote about it after the last TN game.

I meant we probably shouldn’t keep discussing it because we literally don’t know. For all we know it could be sunshine and rainbows over there. Nobody has any actual intel on whether or not Howard and Elzy are not getting along. Several of us posters were just speculating about it and then Darth posted that sarcastic comment.

Lack of effort is apparent. They look very much like UT looked the last season Elzy was there. Loaded with talent but loafing up and down the court and rolling their eyes at the coach mid-game. Not a great look.

VN Store

Back