That was the best dunk Ive ever seen

Didn’t read the whole thread here so if I missed it I’m sorry but it’s be great if somebody could put a mash up of back to back to back “Tennessee dunks” together. I’m tech challenged so I could figure it out prolly if I had like a year and a half.

Jerome Lane of Pitt says "hey"

Chocolate Thunder had his moments, too. I also was in awe of Dr. Dunkenstein and David "top of the backboard" Thompson. But my all time favorite was the Doctor. The guy was so smooth and stayed airborne seemingly forever....and those hands...geez. The ball looked like a grapefruit in his hands.

Last edited:
I would vote for the Bowden dunk, being just a fan and not a former player. Seems the difficulty of timing of the alley oop makes it a harder shot to complete flawlessly as he did.
The way Bowden kinda caught it and kinda pulled it back to cock and dunk does increase the difficulty. But it's easier to dunk an oop, because u don't have to palm the ball (if u can't, which I couldn't for very long at all) and believe it or not the extra weight of the ball makes a slight difference. But, all that only applies if u can barely dunk, these guys don't have that problem

Reactions: Vol49er
Jimmy Dykes posed an interesting question on the broadcast, "What is the greatest dunk in Tennessee basketball history?" What do y'all think?

I am not well versed enough in Vol basketball history to have any definitive answer, but Admiral's dunk in the SEC tourney a few years ago is up there for me.

That team was the best we’ve ever had IMO. That includes Ernie/Bernie years.

I sat in section 122, row 12, last night, back behind Georgia's bench. Honestly, the 2nd best tickets I've ever had at TBA. The point being on Keon's dunk, I could see the floor open up and knew the dunk was there for Keon (not everybody) and had already jumped up out of my seat (btw, nobody was in my row or one row, behind and in front of me). By far, the best dunk I have ever seen live

Jimmy Dykes posed an interesting question on the broadcast, "What is the greatest dunk in Tennessee basketball history?" What do y'all think?

I am not well versed enough in Vol basketball history to have any definitive answer, but Admiral's dunk in the SEC tourney a few years ago is up there for me.

That one was pretty awesome

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back