Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it has been mentioned or discussed or not but on FF there is a thread talking about hiring Steele and a article about Heupel and why he is taking his time because the right fit is a must for the (cliff note version) . If JH and DW are going to make changes and do it the right way and get the best fit I can wait..........in the corner.......with my coloring books and crayons.......where it's safe.

You missed the point clearly

DCs aren’t judged on wins and losses. There are judged by their side of the balls stats.

Washington could be our DC and we win 9-10 games in the next few years and with our offensive scheme his stats would still suck and thus he “failed”

that’s why the DC job here being a “success” is about as likely as the vandy HC winning

I hear what you're saying but the last two DCs under Mike Leach have been hot DC names so I don't really know if this is a point you can count on.

People should flood the WNML site with demands to fire Jimmy. Start a petition. Something. The guy is a cancer to UT sports IMO.
It's not Jimmy's job to withhold information. As a matter of fact it's his job not to withhold information. The ones responsible for any leaks are within the UT system. They're the ones DW would like to identify.

I hear what you're saying but the last two DCs under Mike Leach have been hot DC names so I don't really know if this is a point you can count on.

No doubt those 2 guys have made a name for themselves especially the one at OU.

I just see the odds being much higher for a DC in this offense. That’s why I mentioned vandy as the odds are really high. Franklin made it work but he wasn’t at a hot shot program and had to take a gamble. Washington will have better DC offers in the next few years with better odds of success imo

I won't sell them to you individually, but as a unit. CJH's offenses produced over 500 yards a game at UCF and this was the staff that did that with him. They speak the same language, they know how to coach the techniques, and they know how to deal with one another on the day to day. I wouldn't mess with that chemistry.

He didn't bring them in for budget, he brought them in because he's comfortable with them and they give him the highest probability of success. Personally, I'm excited to see what they can do with these young men.

You know what I want to see? A WR catch a pass in stride in the middle of the field with a chance to score. Don't think I've seen that in a while.

I am excited about those UCF numbers. Albeit, knowing it’s a big step up in competition level.
We haven’t really had any breakaway third level speed at any offensive position in a long time.
maybe Patterson and Kamara (both underutilized by their coaches).
I DO think that Heupel knows good offensive football.
and, hell, the scores in our league lately have all made winners on those betting the Over.
igrew up on 10-9 great defensive type of SECfootball.
but if we beat Bama, UF, or UGA, with a Big 12/Pac12 type 55-54 score..
.I’d be as happy as a 🐖 in slop.

No doubt those 2 guys have made a name for themselves especially the one at OU.

I just see the odds being much higher for a DC in this offense. That’s why I mentioned vandy as the odds are really high. Franklin made it work but he wasn’t at a hot shot program and had to take a gamble. Washington will have better DC offers in the next few years with better odds of success imo

Sure. It's not an easy job by any means. If he's looking for easy he's better off staying where he's at. Doesn't get much easier than that. If that's what he wants, he wasn't the right guy anyways.

I like what I’ve read about Patrick Toney so far:

- 1st year DC at 30 years old.
- Top 30 scoring defense.
- 23 takeaways this past year. 17 interceptions were 2nd in the nation.
- Nominated for 2020 Broyles award.
- Aggressive style of defense.
- Held Matt Campbell and Iowa State to 14 points, their lowest total of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back