Cuban/Mavericks Stop Playing National Anthem

Since we're on the subject of our anthem at sporting events, I'd rather hear a proper anthem than one bastardized by highly stylized renditions.

Whitney Houston's anthem before the super bowl was GOAT.

Im not talking about nba players being marxists, its academia, its many of these activist group who are fronts for communists. These are the ones who continue to push this agenda. Our education system has been highly influence by pro-marxism. Its obvious seeing it from this generation.

Again, you keep using that word but I do not think you know what it means. Literally nobody has advocated for the government ownership of all means of production.

Keep reading.

I read the whole thing. Thanks for not making it a podcast for a change.

Seems like the DoD spent a metric butt-ton of money on recruiting at professional sporting events. Didn't say anywhere except where that moron that the DoD was "paying" to have the national anthem played. It's twisted words from a known a-hole who tries to stir **** up any chance he gets. There's a really good chance the money was spent on having live performers sing the anthem since they aren't going to just pop in and do it for free. (yay for capitalism)

Do I support that money being spent? Nope. Even though it's a minor drop in the DoD bucket, I'd almost flat guarantee you it doesn't see the return they are hoping for.

Reactions: AM64
If I am in a battle for hearts and minds, the only one I can control is my own.

If others are easily beaten, there likely wasn't much substance there to begin with.

No doubt.

I would compare to this. 2 spouses can choose how hard they work toward their relationship. Anywhere from 0 to 100. They can still stay together while putting 0 into the relationship, but it is meaningless, and actually leads to poor lives for both.

People are free to openly despise this country, that is part of the greatness about it. But eventually, if that becomes the norm, then the country as we know it will no longer exist.

No doubt.

I would compare to this. 2 spouses can choose how hard they work toward their relationship. Anywhere from 0 to 100. They can still stay together while putting 0 into the relationship, but it is meaningless, and actually leads to poor lives for both.

People are free to openly despise this country, that is part of the greatness about it. But eventually, if that becomes the norm, then the country as we know it will no longer exist.
Good post.

As much as there is patriotic symbolism on one side, there is symbolic derision on the other. All those people who "despise" our country oddly never seem able to find another country they want to live in more.

Not really. Else you would have found the same links I did that it started during WWI from an individual team rather than having the government mandate it and wouldn't be posting.
I've heard it mentioned as a certainty many times. There's no verifiable information which supports the claim?

I've heard it mentioned as a certainty many times. There's no verifiable information which supports the claim?

Check back to the last page. I provided three links from the ultra-conservative sites of ESPN, CNN and NPR on the history of when it came around. Or at least went "mainstream."

Cuban/Mavericks Stop Playing National Anthem

Reactions: McDad
Again, you keep using that word but I do not think you know what it means. Literally nobody has advocated for the government ownership of all means of production.

Besides the fact pols have pushed healthcare to be socialize. Im not talking about socialized economics, im talking about cultural marxists who try to control behaviors they don't agree with. ( It has made it's way in the gov.) If you're a marxist you force your ideas on poeple and attack who standup against it.

Not really. Else you would have found the same links I did that it started during WWI from an individual team rather than having the government mandate it and wouldn't be posting.

Nobody said it started with the DOD paying for it.

I read the whole thing. Thanks for not making it a podcast for a change.

Seems like the DoD spent a metric butt-ton of money on recruiting at professional sporting events. Didn't say anywhere except where that moron that the DoD was "paying" to have the national anthem played. It's twisted words from a known a-hole who tries to stir **** up any chance he gets. There's a really good chance the money was spent on having live performers sing the anthem since they aren't going to just pop in and do it for free. (yay for capitalism)

Do I support that money being spent? Nope. Even though it's a minor drop in the DoD bucket, I'd almost flat guarantee you it doesn't see the return they are hoping for.
Are you referring to John McCain as the *******? If so, I agree.

I don't know...IMO literally the only reason for playing it before sporting events is for traditions sake. Outside of that it has about as much relevance as it playing every time you start your car, turn on your computer, watch a show on Netflix, etc..

Playing or not playing the anthem before a sporting event says very little about someone's pride in being American.

That is JMO - for whatever that is worth. At the end of the day I couldn't care less either way.
That's the problem. Those that don't care about the meaning.. primarily those that have not sacrificed a part of their life in service to this country... have no ****ing clue how much it means to those that did. I was fortunate in that most of my time in the Navy was in peacetime. I KNOW I would feel much different had I actually been shot at by real hostiles.

Relevance. Interesting choice of a word.

But then again, Tom Brady and Lebron James are what we consider 'heroes'. I shouldn't find it surprising.

Reactions: AM64
That's the problem. Those that don't care about the meaning.. primarily those that have not sacrificed a part of their life in service to this country... have no ****ing clue how much it means to those that did. I was fortunate in that most of my time in the Navy was in peacetime. I KNOW I would feel much different had I actually been shot at by real hostiles.

But then again, Tom Brady and Lebron James are what we consider 'heroes'. I shouldn't find it surprising.

FYI, RJD is a vet too.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

Would it tickle your pickle if I told you Brady was a Trump supporter?

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back