Cuban/Mavericks Stop Playing National Anthem

Why is it necessary? Aren't we all a little better off if we stop trying to conflate patriotism with sports?
really? Sure, let's just erase all sense/indication of our pride in being Americans. Apparently we should be ashamed of that fact.

As a white male that served in the military, maybe I should just kill myself to show how woke I am and how much feelz I have towards others.

really? Sure, let's just erase all sense/indication of our pride in being Americans. Apparently we should be ashamed of that fact.

As a white male that served in the military, maybe I should just kill myself to show how woke I am and how much feelz I have towards others.
It's not about being ashamed it's that the 2 have nothing to do with each other. Players in the NFL weren't even on the field for the anthem until the DoD spent tax dollars to boost patriotic sentiment during a couple of useless wars

Can you explain how the national anthem had anything to do with a basketball game?

But hey, do what you gotta do

You would be labeled a hero by the woke, SJW crowd for about 5 minutes until one of them digs up something about your past they disagree with. Then you would be crucified for not killing yourself sooner. That's how they operate.

I know it can seem others are trying to erase our shared American pride. But they cannot. Our pride is found in something deeper than a national anthem. It is bigger than a flag. We should be able to maintain that source of pride even without overt and unnecessary symbolism.

I sincerely appreciate your service. I appreciate your Americanism. You have nothing to prove to anybody.

I know it can seem others are trying to erase our shared American pride. But they cannot. Our pride is found in something deeper than a national anthem. It is bigger than a flag. We should be able to maintain that source of pride even without overt and unnecessary symbolism.

I sincerely appreciate your service. I appreciate your Americanism. You have nothing to prove to anybody.

I dont disagree with this, but there is a war being waged against this country and the ones waging it are loving actions like this.

I don't know...IMO literally the only reason for playing it before sporting events is for traditions sake. Outside of that it has about as much relevance as it playing every time you start your car, turn on your computer, watch a show on Netflix, etc..

Playing or not playing the anthem before a sporting event says very little about someone's pride in being American.

That is JMO - for whatever that is worth. At the end of the day I couldn't care less either way.

VN Store

Back