Only Per Hyams: Blake Baker offered DC

Hmmm ... according to Wikipedia, Blake Baker (not Brian Baker) was Miami's DC. He was demoted at Miami after this season and went to LSU instead. So I'm going to say I'm skeptical of this rumor, since (a) he wasn't too successful, (b) he already found a new job, and (c) it's not even technically the right person.

Hmmm ... according to Wikipedia, Blake Baker (not Brian Baker) was Miami's DC. He was demoted at Miami after this season and went to LSU instead. So I'm going to say I'm skeptical of this rumor, since (a) he wasn't too successful, (b) he already found a new job, and (c) it's not even technically the right person.
Edit: nevermind. Baker sucks.

Last edited:
But read more carefully man.

He was under Diaz for years. Brought into Miami as DC, but when Diaz said he was gonna take over the playcalling he left.

Baker had them stout last year. Not sure why Diaz took over playcalling.

Baker seems legit. 38 years old too. Definite up and comer.

He would likely definitely jump back up to be a DC.

From article posted above.

Baker is set to leave UM after two seasons when many initially believed the team would part ways with him at season’s end because of the poor defensive performance in the 62-26 regular-season-finale loss to North Carolina.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
But read more carefully man.

He was under Diaz for years. Brought into Miami as DC, but when Diaz said he was gonna take over the playcalling he left.

Baker had them stout last year. Not sure why Diaz took over playcalling.

Baker seems legit. 38 years old too. Definite up and comer.

He would likely definitely jump back up to be a DC.

Yes, but that's Blake Baker. Brian Baker is a DL coach for the Indianapolis Colts, who is in his 60s.

In other words, this is just Hyams posting random rumors again and not even getting the rumors right.

VN Store

Back