Kentucky lost again

He definitely isn't the best in game coach. I think he has cost us some big games. But getting the players and making them click is a tougher job than most admit. But again, this is a worst case scenario season. Boston and Clarke are huge disappointments. All the other players are kinda what I expected honestly. We have a lot of average players but no leader than can run an offense or get buckets consistently.
This is what you expected from Sarr?

This is what you expected from Sarr?

I didn't expect him to come in and dominate like some did. His per 40 numbers are pretty close to what he did last year at Wake. If anything we should have known he wouldn't be as impactful considering Cal makes everyone share the load typically.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Lol. He's having a super young team play really bad and lose every single closengame possible. We are terrible yes, but look at every close game and how we continually choke down the stretch. This is a worse case scenario season by far. I'm not as worried about the future as most.

Cal has taken a bunch of teams without a superstar far into the ncaat.
Really? Define superstar.

Really? Define superstar.

Davis and Wall were obvious superstars. Both obvious from early they were at the top of their class. Strangely enough Towns was the other number one but it felt like a weak draft. I didn't think he had the impact of a davis or wall. He was on a loaded team that went 10 deep.

Anyway, I think you get my point regardless.

Lol. He's having a super young team play really bad and lose every single closengame possible. We are terrible yes, but look at every close game and how we continually choke down the stretch. This is a worse case scenario season by far. I'm not as worried about the future as most.

Cal has taken a bunch of teams without a superstar far into the ncaat.

Cal hasn’t won crap without a superstar

I didn't expect him to come in and dominate like some did. His per 40 numbers are pretty close to what he did last year at Wake. If anything we should have known he wouldn't be as impactful considering Cal makes everyone share the load typically.
Wish we could have landed Sarr. Thought he played well Saturday

Reactions: Border Vol
Davis and Wall were obvious superstars. Both obvious from early they were at the top of their class. Strangely enough Towns was the other number one but it felt like a weak draft. I didn't think he had the impact of a davis or wall. He was on a loaded team that went 10 deep.

Anyway, I think you get my point regardless.

Just refreshing my memory, the worst Kentucky team Cal took to the Final Four had 6 McDonald's All-Stars on the team. Karl Anthony Towns, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall all have to me had superstar status. I'm sure I've missed one.

I don't knock Cal's coaching abilities but it's clear by now that his teams are too young to succeed without that upper echelon of talent, and that's starting to go missing in the college game.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back