Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent at best? Was at Auburn 4 years and was with the lead recruiter or secondary recruiter on 12 4 star signees.

Yes. Decent. And that's his reputation in the industry. He was Primary for only 6 of those dudes and his best recruit for whom he was Primary was 0.9285. In 2021, Burns was ranked the 488th best recruiter in the nation. In 2020, he was 74th. In 2019, he was 141st. In 2018, he was 304th. In 2019 alone, we had 5 recruiters on staff all ranked higher than Burns.

For comparison, Nieds was here 3 yrs (2 of which he really recruited) and had 1 5* and 11 4*s. He was Primary for most of those. Now, Nieds was definitely an above-average recruiter.

Let me make this clear: i love the hire. KB has improved almost every year. I think he can be a superstar, especially learning from Garner. As of now, though, he is an average SEC recruiter.

Yes. Decent. And that's his reputation in the industry. He was Primary for only 6 of those dudes and his best recruit for whom he was Primary was 0.9285. In 2021, Burns was ranked the 488th best recruiter in the nation. In 2020, he was 74th. In 2019, he was 141st. In 2018, he was 304th. In 2019 alone, we had 5 recruiters on staff all ranked higher than Burns.

For comparison, Nieds was here 3 yrs (2 of which he really recruited) and had 1 5* and 11 4*s. He was Primary for most of those. Now, Nieds was definitely an above-average recruiter.

Let me make this clear: i love the hire. KB has improved almost every year. I think he can be a superstar, especially learning from Garner. As of now, though, he is an average SEC recruiter.

...do you not know why Neids isn’t on staff anymore?

I recall someone mentioning that Burns really looked up to
Steele. Has anyone else heard of a close connection between the two of them?

Nope we all gotta hide and be scared.
iu

Looks like the coaching turnover has finally come home to roost on hires below the HC level. The schools are easily able to point out how coaches have had their careers nuked by coming here.

We’ll see what happens. They are definitely struggling to find someone.

Side note: Kevin Steele can GTFO, we have enough problems to deal with besides someone staging hostile takeovers behind the HC back.
This x 100

He would have to pay a buyout or UCF would have to pay the buyout

He can just use all that money that he made working as Nicky's intern. That should about cover the Arky State buyout.

Reactions: Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back