Zero emotions

Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played

Your lack of emotions for a college football team is a sign of maturity. It's a game, played by 18-21 year old young men that really don't give a $%#! about you.

I have zero excitement for signing day😭

That is probably fair. That is about the number of HS guys I think the staff is planning on signing. The 5 or so spots left will probably be held for Portal or maybe a surprise longshot he has staked out. Maybe we can appeal to more prospects after we get some idea of the size of the NCAA hammer. Maybe we will get lucky and find some guys that are backups at stronger schools that can still improve our biggest holes. I am hoping for a couple of big guys on each side of the line between now and fall practice. Probably have to get staff in place before new blood of any type will sign on.

Reactions: joevol33
He certainly isn't the big hire. But given the circumstances, I think we are about where we should have expected. We have a coach with head coaching experience, and one who runs and entertaining offense. The goal right now is to get through the sanctions and keep the program afloat. Do I think he takes us to the next level? I do not. I think he has us in 6-8 win seasons and that is his ceiling. My only hope is when we part ways that the job is lucrative again.

Reactions: Doberman
Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played
Feelings are fickle and usually do not have anything to do with reality. Your feelings probably have more to do with the state the program has been in for some time rather than the new coach. I suggest let's give CJH time to work with the QBs and this team, recruit, and hopefully build a better outcome. He has a proven track record. Hang in there!

Reactions: Bennessee01
Apathy has set in for those remaining. Tennessee is John Travolta of the 80's-early 90's when his career went south. Hueple is our Pulp Fiction revitalization.

I honestly dont understand the dislike for this guy. He has been on the job a minute. He will make our offense fly. Recruiting and signing day are going to be lack luster for the rest of this cycle. But I think we finally have a coach that knows what he is doing.
The dislike for him is that so many people had "Freeze or Bust" scribbled on a cardboard square and etched into their souls that they can't get over it. Not the big flashy hire that people wanted, but it's hard to deny his success everywhere he's been so far. I'm totally willing to give him a good chance here.

1568326558611.gif

yesterday, a radio station in Nashville asked a question..........

Tennessee fans, would you rather be 6-6 or 7-5 next season, but really boring again?
or
5-7 and light up the scoreboard and have more excitement for the future?

That's all anybody says anymore about anything. On this very forum there are 100,000 people that will immediately tell you that if something is reported on the 6 o'clock news it could not possibly have actually happened. My wife believes in chemtrails now. Some guy blew up a bomb in Nashville, evidently because he thought AT&T was giving people Covid using cell service. Something has unleashed a powerful mass delusion and it's not Josh Heupel.

Football is a game, and unfortunately for the Vols, there are 100 other teams trying to win it without looking like a clown show. I'm glad it's not my money.

I'm with on a lot of this , but the chemtrail thing, why do they constantly mark up the sky and making clouds from a plane. If you watch there will be 4 planes in every direction , they make a hashtag sign and it's spreads ..I'm 40 and been watching this since I was 10 way before the internet.. May not be chemical, but no one questions why they do it everyday ..Guess people to busy looking down at their phones and not looking up ...

I’m not excited but I’ve been burned by Kiffen, Dooley, Bitch Jones, and cone head.

I can’t ignore the guys record at all the stops he’s been.

I do believe he’s a great qb coach.that’s the most important position on the field. That being said, I think he will have some success right away as we have a good qb room.

We don’t need ra ra or slogans. We need a humble man to teach kids the game of football. I think he does that.

We live in an instant gratification world and that’s not what we’re getting here.

I’ll give the guy a fair shot. I hope he’s a little g term championship winner but I don’t expect that. At least I won’t be disappointed right?

Heupel is going to make this place attractive to players again by putting a solid product on the field. Something that Pruitt could not ever do.
I got no place else to go, I will believe in the Huepe. The problem with cornbread is you need beans to make it work.

Hate? Really? For a man who hasn't coached a game at UT yet?

Your wife is correct, chemtrails exist..... believe as you choose while we still have time

"They" clearly have been dumping something from the sky over Neyland and Haslam fields and the whole sports center for the last 15 years.

Me? I dont really feel much at all either. Heupel? eh, seems ok I guess. Signing day? Is there actually supposed to be some recruits sign here today? Not being facetious, didnt know there was any major gets or anything. Hopefully he will put things together a bit and doesnt make it embarrassing for those young guys who believe UT recruiters and come there to play and their hopes for the future.

Sure, I will probably watch a few games on TV in the fall if I remember what time they are playing but it is no longer something to plan around. Of course, I hope they win but I am not going to get too upset when they don't. My wife no longer has to worry about my being loud and screaming at the TV during a game. In fact, I might be too busy doing something else while the game is on to follow it that closely.

I am still glad to be from UT but eh, no need to get wild about it or anything.

Last edited:
Time will tell. This is now the 4th time getting a kinda un-exciting hire. But he’s likely the best of the 4. Simply because his entire coaching revolves around coaching up his QBs. None of the other guys we’ve had have had that specific expertise...which is probably the greatest expertise one could have. With all the other coaches we’ve been uninspired initially but by a couple of years in they all got it going with recruiting and got some momentum. I think that proves that you can win here. Every coach has been able to recruit great players. Ultimately, all of them failed to consistently deliver good teams on the field so they failed. Eventually we’ll get a good coach that will be able to take advantage of the circumstances.
What heupel lacks is charisma amd swagger. He’s not an in your fave personality that’s on social media and stirring up the pot. So time will tell if that’s really important.

Why.. and please don’t compare UCF stats to bama and Clemson. I’m just not fired up I guess is my point. I’m hoping this turns out great with everything I’m listening too but idk man something just seems off. Maybe it’s just me
Something seems off? That would be your expectations for where you think the program should be, and where it actually is.

yesterday, a radio station in Nashville asked a question..........

Tennessee fans, would you rather be 6-6 or 7-5 next season, but really boring again?
or
5-7 and light up the scoreboard and have more excitement for the future?
I personally had rather be 5-7 if we are in high scoring shootouts than 6-6 and blown out by KENTUCKY along with everyone else !!

Reactions: volinsd

VN Store

Back