Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not like. Think this is a mistake by JH and could potentially hurt future recruiting in that area. It's one player. You make the room, hope he works out, and keep the good will.
Agree. Been a rough first week for Heupel with the negative news, some of which wasn't his fault. But this stuff happens all the time. Would've been better to keep him, but had Roc flipped to AU the same media killing this would be mocking us. Maybe they got someone else to take his spot like that OT from Texas who is a much bigger need

Then why didn’t he sign early like he was supposed to?

My understanding is he was told not to sign early by the previous staff. Supposedly, they were going to git shirt him. But for our new coach to wait until the day before NSD to make this call creates negative publicity and bad blood.

I’ve got no issue with him letting him go but he should have done it a few days after getting hired
Should have been one of the first things done. You don't wait until the day before. At this point, you just take the hit and let him sign because you didn't handle it in a timely manner. It's a dumb mistake IMO. And it potentially hurts us if we look to Alabama for future recruits. The plan may be to recruit TN heavily, but we won't get our entire class from TN. This isn't Florida. We don't have enough talent in state to fill out a class every year. We need good relationships with neighboring states.

Agree. Been a rough first week for Heupel with the negative news, some of which wasn't his fault. But this stuff happens all the time. Would've been better to keep him, but had Roc flipped to AU the same media killing this would be mocking us. Maybe they got someone else to take his spot like that OT from Texas who is a much bigger need
Maybe, but I doubt we sign anyone tomorrow. I think JH screwed up on this one. Better to take the hit of a flip than to create bad blood. Just another negative recruiting tool against us. We don't need that.

I'm wondering if this is one of those cases where Heupel came in, didn't like what he saw of Taylor, and decided not to contact him hoping that he would take a hint and explore his options.
That would be unprofessional.

Our coach is literally trying to figure out the new staff, the roster, reset recruiting strategies, implement a playbook, etc. He probably just now got around to scouting Roc and decided not to go that route. I do feel bad for the kid. This is the crappy part of it all. But JH is allowed to take who he wants. I’m sure Roc knew this was a possibility. Blaming JH is stupid.

Our coach is literally trying to figure out the new staff, the roster, reset recruiting strategies, implement a playbook, etc. He probably just now got around to scouting Roc and decided not to go that route. I do feel bad for the kid. This is the crappy part of it all. But JH is allowed to take who he wants. I’m sure Roc knew this was a possibility. Blaming JH is stupid.
Especially when Pruitt wasn't going to take him either

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back