Marta Suarez and Jaiden McCoy

You open up the lane with four out too. And no one needs to guard KK at the high post so her defender can sink. And sometimes she thinks she needs to shoot.
when you play hi-low, you play the point forward at the top of the key and the post at the dotted line,,, it opens up the mid-paint for cuts and mid-range shooters

Wait, so Kellie knew Marta had a significant foot injury, but started her anyway? Possibly making the condition worse? I can't believe she cares more about winning than her player's health! What a toxic culture!
So how did you decide it’s “significant”? You’re really grabbing for straws to trash kellie . How about saying wow kellie is sitting her down to protect her ?
Dang man ....

If you read the thread I did not comment on her weight. I responded to the claim they wanted more weight on her. Strength and conditioning in the off-season is key. So, saying late arrival or Covid led to issues is ok I guess. But to say this result was the desired plan.... please.

Uh, if you read the thread you commented on, no one said the staff wanted "more weight" on Marta. Deerpark12 said and I quote "Well, the staff doesn't want her to lose weight, so I doubt they'll put one of those in action. " And you responded, after directly quoting Deerpark 12 that you found that statement shocking. That is what actually was said and I responded to those actual statements, not the fictions scrolling in your head.

You know, it is perfectly fine to say, oops maybe I was wrong on that debate point rather than doubling down and fabricating post hoc justifications.

Last edited:
So how did you decide it’s “significant”? You’re really grabbing for straws to trash kellie . How about saying wow kellie is sitting her down to protect her ?
Dang man ....

So, this was supposed to be a "satirical comment" designated by blue font. But a satirist need to know her or his audience. This specific "satire" would have been recognized as satirical on the Uconn board (the Boneyard) because it is suggesting a hypocrisy among LV fans who critiqued Geno for playing
an injured Paige Bueckers during their game against the LVs. On this board, the supposed satire seems quite literal if you will and reads as an attack on Coach Harper and the blue font really does not change that implication. Context matters as they say.

Last edited:
Wait, so Kellie knew Marta had a significant foot injury, but started her anyway? Possibly making the condition worse? I can't believe she cares more about winning than her player's health! What a toxic culture!
Unless you know that for a fact, speculating is unfair to to player and coach.

So, this was supposed to be a "satirical comment" designated by blue font. But a satirist need to know her or his audience. This specific "satire" would have been recognized as satirical on the Uconn board (the Boneyard) because it is suggesting a hypocrisy among LV fans who critiqued Geno for playing
an injured Paige Bueckers during their game against the LVs. On this board, the supposed satire seems quite literal if you will and reads as an attack on Coach Harper and the blue font really does not change that implication. Context matters as they say.

If they're as bright as you suggest they are, they'd also recognize that the "suggestion about hypocrisy among LV fans" was, in fact, satirizing a satire. You can't really achieve the same effect when you're just piggybacking upon someone else's efforts since the original point had already been made. Then it becomes an endless, "Well, your mama is so fat..." routine (although the humor there comes from ever-increasing hyperbole rather than simply repeating the original).

In effect...find your own satire. This one's already taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickster
Oh, and btw...any news on Jaiden's and Marta's injuries?

I'm sure that if they or anyone related to the LV program have been reading this thread, they're thinking, "What are those old farts on about now?"

Well, at least they know not to take any personal comments seriously from such a bunch of loons. (Mostly harmless and rather nice loons, though).

Last edited:
Some of you guys look like this....
76bcca23996ae16d4bbebfda2bc46f48.gif

Uh, if you read the thread you commented on, no one said the staff wanted "more weight" on Marta. Deerpark12 said and I quote "Well, the staff doesn't want her to lose weight, so I doubt they'll put one of those in action. " And you responded, after directly quoting Deerpark 12 that you found that statement shocking. That is what actually was said and I responded to those actual statements, not the fictions scrolling in your head.

You know, it is perfectly fine to say, oops maybe I was wrong on that debate point rather than doubling down and fabricating post hoc justifications.

It’s a message board not a legal brief. I’m not sure if you are angry or just working on debate skills. I’ll try to be more clear on my earlier reply. I didn’t start the “she’s overweight” part of the thread. However, the claim coaches would not like her to be more fit which would almost certainly result given in less weight given the way they allow her to play is shocking to me. It’s fine to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth_Vol
So, this was supposed to be a "satirical comment" designated by blue font. But a satirist need to know her or his audience.

You had no problem finding the meaning, and I'm confident the "audience" of said hypocrites for which it was intended didn't either...

It’s a message board not a legal brief. I’m sure if you are angry or just working on debate skills. I’ll try to be more clear on my earlier reply. I didn’t start the “she’s overweight” part of the thread. However, the claim coaches would not like her to be more fit which would almost certainly result given in less weight given the way they allow her to play is shocking to me. It’s fine to disagree.

Again, you are the one who felt is necessary to make some kind of argument about my post that Suarez's fitness is a longer term project. And you keep interchanging weight and fitness. Those are not synonyms. If Marta puts on more muscle mass, her overall weight could go up but her body composition might change (Lower body fat %). Also basketball is not a marathon run. There are lots of heavier set, wide body players who do just fine on the court.

Last edited:
Coach Kelly was asked about Marta and Jaiden today, and she said she doesn’t know if either player will be returning this year. She seemed more optimistic about Marta, but she said it was very doubtful Jaiden would be returning, but advised it wasn’t impossible. The video is listed below.

Coach Kelly

Coach Kelly was asked about Marta and Jaiden today, and she said she doesn’t know if either player will be returning this year. She seemed more optimistic about Marta, but she said it was very doubtful Jaiden would be returning, but advised it wasn’t impossible. The video is listed below.

Coach Kelly
10:15 mark of video.

VN Store

Back