Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect weather and more beautiful women than the eye can see.

#freebatmansson so he can go to college in Cali
Guess that's according to what you want. Perfect weather to me is four seasons with waking up look outside to a backyard of 15,000 acres of beautiful forest with every day being a surprise. Also prefer strong rugged men lol.

Heup will be fine in recruiting. He went from someone who was investing with 100,000 to 100,000,000 million.

The increased budget and exposure will naturally help him. Time will tell if he can be elite, but winning and NFL players will help a lot of other areas.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I don't believe you have to have a top 5 class to win 8 games. That's what we should be building for right now. Beat everyone not fl, ga, and Bama.

After we consistently win 8 games then our recruiting steps up and we take on the big dogs.

The wheels fell off a long time ago and we have to get out of this ditch.

You gotta crawl before you ball

Keep your kids as far away from California as possible. I lived there for 15 years, so glad to be back in Tennessee.

Glad you found your way back to the place you want to be. I lived there for 7 years. We’d go back in a second if we had the opportunity.

My son graduated from Montreat College in North Carolina. He fell in love with that place and that's where I sent him. Fun fact--he lived right down the road from Billy Graham's house on the mountain top.
fun fact. Asheville is a mini-California.

it was either Montreat or Warren Wilson that hosted Rainbow Gatherings.

I’ll say this. Palmer didn’t go to the Senior Bowl and suddenly learn how to run routes. He was taught that. The biggest problem in my opinion was the lack of QB development and offensive linemen development. This hindered the Wideouts tremendously.
I’m not sure where the Tee is lazy talk came from but with the way players speak on social media someone who have said he quit on the team.

On another note I am looking forward to seeing what the new coach can do with the talent on the team and how they react to the new system. Go Vols!!!

Lack of production on the field by the WRs can be attributed to offensive scheme lack of QB play etc. I agree with that. But the last two years we have sent players to the senior bowl. Both years there have been comments by coaches at the event and with their pro organizations that the players were raw and clearly lacked adequate college coaching. This is directly attributed to their position coach who should be developing them at their position and putting them in the best spot to succeed no matter what the rest of the offense does.

Tee has been good at developing WRs at his previous stops and by the comments from coaches at bowls, pro teams, etc. it appears that has not been the case here.

My question is why has changed? Did he all of a sudden forget how to coach WRs? I’d say likely not so in my opinion it points to no coaching at all which I believe is attributed to laziness.

LA Vol, is it possible they are giving Steele time to see if he can secure at minimum Garner (really need TWill but hearing Miami)?

CJH and Steele have talked multiple times. Now that the candidate pool has dwindled, things have circled back. When things don't start out on the best note, it can be tricky to overcome. But if Steele wants to coach this year and he's the best available... arranged marriages sometimes work.

That's was O"leary and UCF was terrible. Frost and White started their climb to where they are today. They were 0-13 when Frost came in and they took off like a rocket.
O'Leary's final season at UCF was bad but UCF as a program wasn't terrible. The previous 5 seasons before the 0-13 season they had 3 double digit win seasons and a 9 win season.

I don't think Shannon was pushed on Heupel really. It was considered a great hire to get him from Florida to UCF. His system obviously wasn't a great fit with the offense but he was kept because of his recruiting.
People are talking like he's had terrible defenses at UCF. He had top-3 league defenses before the pandemic season, when they finished 8th out of 12 teams.

The way some people talk you'd think UCF has had the worst defense in America every season.

Lack of production on the field by the WRs can be attributed to offensive scheme lack of QB play etc. I agree with that. But the last two years we have sent players to the senior bowl. Both years there have been comments by coaches at the event and with their pro organizations that the players were raw and clearly lacked adequate college coaching. This is directly attributed to their position coach who should be developing them at their position and putting them in the best spot to succeed no matter what the rest of the offense does.

Tee has been good at developing WRs at his previous stops and by the comments from coaches at bowls, pro teams, etc. it appears that has not been the case here.

My question is why has changed? Did he all of a sudden forget how to coach WRs? I’d say likely not so in my opinion it points to no coaching at all which I believe is attributed to laziness.
None of us have a clue. Some said Chaney quit also, because any changes were met with micromanagement. you can only do what you can do.

Ultimately we know Pruitt just wasnt best fit. Time to move on.

My son graduated from Montreat College in North Carolina. He fell in love with that place and that's where I sent him. Fun fact--he lived right down the road from Billy Graham's house on the mountain top.

Spent Labor Day weekend in Black Mountain, hitting the Blue Ridge and doing a little hiking.

Awesome little town. Has the cool aspects of Asheville with less freak action.

So quick questions: Will Grey, To, Wanya, and other transfers be eligible next year if they’re not grad transfers? I thought they shelved the one time transfer talk, and doubt they’ll be given immediate eligibility due to how JP was fired. Also them possibly being connected to those events pits even more doubt on them playing next year. Just curious as to why the rush to get to a new school is all.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Actually those people do get fired and would be considered a failure. They are called investor relations at large companies. If they do a poor job of convincing big funds to buy their shares then they are fired, if that doesn’t work then the C level executive team is changed. With that said, UT in all of its decline is no where near as bad as selling a Blockbuster share in the Netflix era. Stop making excuses, maybe read Jocko’s book on extreme ownership.
The point is no one would want that job, any top tier talent wouldn't consider that assignment, they would be elsewhere working a project that had a chance at success. You realize you just described what happened here at UT? Do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. That is where we are at, trying something different with people of a different mindset. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but at least we'll be stable. Get on board or burn your affiliation with the program like you did your diploma. Either way I really don't care, you're a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back