Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only able to read a little during the coach search when people thought it was Franklin, and I couldn't comment. Someone, I think @Bassmaster_Vol, said anyone that didn't want him was because he beat Tennessee when at Vandy. No, I was actually in and out of hospitals with my mom and myself and never saw a game he coached there. I developed a dislike for him at Penn State then heard all the rape things from Vanderbilt plus at Penn State. Didn't want a coach like that especially after Schiano where everyone said Tennessee fans would not have cared that he may have known about child rape at Penn State if he had been a hood coach. I wanted them to be wrong about that.
Yeah the more I see on Franklin I’m glad we didn’t hire him. I wish we could’ve gotten Campbell but knowing he wasn’t interested, im happy with Chief Hi Pull

You may not like him as a coach, but you can't argue with his approach and his enthusiasm. People over on the a$$hol3 forum (ff) are trashing this and making fun of it. You can take a wait and see approach without trashing everything in the process.
They're mentally ill.

No they are not...go watch a real bad team..a sub .500 team, learn what "bad" means..and then shut up..jeez you are so insufferable sometimes..🤦‍♂️
You’ve got to admit, Springer adds a whole other dimension to this team. It’s definitely not the same with out him. Would I say bad...no, but not great.

You may not like him as a coach, but you can't argue with his approach and his enthusiasm. People over on the a$$hol3 forum (ff) are trashing this and making fun of it. You can take a wait and see approach without trashing everything in the process.
Maybe you misinterpreted my post. I’m taking a wait and see approach. I want to see what happens on the field. I’m trying to not form any opinion until I see the team play. I’m not unhappy with him at all.

I’m not going to put him down. They guy wants this job. I’m all for him coming in and lighting the scoreboard up.

My post says I’m trying to not like the guy (based on what I said above). He’s making that difficult because he’s saying the right things.

Maybe you misinterpreted my post. I’m taking a wait and see approach. I want to see what happens on the field. I’m trying to not form any opinion until I see the team play. I’m not unhappy with him at all.

I’m not going to put him down. They guy wants this job. I’m all for him coming in and lighting the scoreboard up.

My post says I’m trying to not like the guy (based on what I said above). He’s making that difficult because he’s saying the right things.
Sorry if it came across that way. Actually hadn't read your post when I typed mine. Just used the same wording. I had just read the thread in the other forum and was pissed.

I wonder why Heupel’s Mizzou offense didn’t generate more points. Outside of Fl in 2017, whenever he played a decent team they struggled to score. Yards or not, points were that abundant. That surprised me.

Hopefully that offense has continued to evolve. Of course we have better athletes, but Drew Locke was legit
Lack of good players on the outside and RB. Marvin hall was their most productive WR and i don’t think he ever even played in the nfl. Locke was great but no one else stands out. He will have 2 5star QBs here and a lot of talented WRs... hopefully beck with gets moved to TE/Bulky slot WR. He could be just like Albert Okwuegbunam or Noah fant in this offense.

Also, and it may just be me, but it seemed to me that he was the smartest person in the room, without saying it. Granted, consider the audience, etc., but still...

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
I was only able to read a little during the coach search when people thought it was Franklin, and I couldn't comment. Someone, I think @Bassmaster_Vol, said anyone that didn't want him was because he beat Tennessee when at Vandy. No, I was actually in and out of hospitals with my mom and myself and never saw a game he coached there. I developed a dislike for him at Penn State then heard all the rape things from Vanderbilt plus at Penn State. Didn't want a coach like that especially after Schiano where everyone said Tennessee fans would not have cared that he may have known about child rape at Penn State if he had been a hood coach. I wanted them to be wrong about that.

I sincerely thought Boyd and Compton would have enough sense and morality to not go there even if Donde wanted the diversity of his hire. Guess I was wrong. They did not believe the fan base with SchiaNOgate apparently. Maybe the Lord looked after us with this after all.

What is it that blinds people to a college coach raping children, fellow coaches ignoring decades of said child rape, gang raping an incapacitated female student in a dorm room, and threatening to gang rape and strangle a male teammate? Why would coaches defend the predators by ignoring or even threatening the victims? I don't get it. Franklin and Ped State apparently deserve each other.

It’s too quiet.... wonder if they are saving it for Monday.
Thought I heard Steele was out but not sure. If not, Wonder if in this unusual circumstance, Steele is interviewing for the DC job and being asked who he will bring on for LBs, D line, and DBs... would be unusual but we are in new territory here...

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back