Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than struggling to score against bad and mediocre teams...so I really don't understand the gripe.

If a team has a relatively good to great defense it is obviously going to slow any offense down. It looks to me like other than when playing against a really good defense, the only thing that slows these offenses down are the QB having an off day.

When these offenses have a good QB and skill position players, and he is in the zone...no defense really stops them.

I am sick of watching Bama and Clemson and LSU and even Ole Miss thos year and wishing we had an offense like that.

Sign me up for beating Vandy 63-24 and the other cupcakes every year..I'd love to watch that.
Leave no doubt! Especially against the weaker teams and you can build depth by blowout games by letting the younger guys to get reps.

I think a good DC will figure out how to use all the pieces we have in the front 7. Seems pretty stocked.
Very worried about the secondary though. Gonna need lots of development from guys like Burrell and Slaughter, and early contributions from guys like Rucker.
We have the pieces for a good defense. A good DC will help. I just think our previous staff had no cohesion. We have players.

So who made the better hire:

Aurburn- Harsin

S. Carolina - Beamer

Vols- Heupel

I’ll hang up and listen.
Toss-up between Vols and Auburn. Harsin is a safer (lower ceiling and higher floor) hire but unfamiliar with SEC. Heupel bring entirely different scheme to SEC and is familiar with the SEC environment/culture. Higher ceiling and lower floor. Also being able to bring his O staff is a plus. Both are unknowns regarding recruiting

Beamer is struggling in all areas; staff, recruiting and environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back